One pocket chair

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Yrs ago @ SIU Southern IL Univ. Carbondale campus the student union had 16-20 GC I 9' as most state colleges had during the 60's and on. Brunswick made these 45 degree leaning pads for you butt only mounted to the wall, thus eliminating the cost of chairs and the physical activity of moving and cleaning under chairs and all. This would be the perfect one pocket leanig chair item to have in a room where the foot of the table is nearest the wall, saves your all the UP/DOWN and in and out that goes along with chairs, it was the nuts.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Yrs ago @ SIU Southern IL Univ. Carbondale campus the student union had 16-20 GC I 9' as most state colleges had during the 60's and on. Brunswick made these 45 degree leaning pads for you butt only mounted to the wall, thus eliminating the cost of chairs and the physical activity of moving and cleaning under chairs and all. This would be the perfect one pocket leanig chair item to have in a room where the foot of the table is nearest the wall, saves your all the UP/DOWN and in and out that goes along with chairs, it was the nuts.

Bill, I don't remember these chairs. I tried to pull up a picture but couldn't. Maybe someone can find a picture. Somehow it sounds dangerous, especially for a heavy person.
P.S. Thanks again for that bridge holder you game me. You're welcome to visit me again anytime.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bill, I don't remember these chairs. I tried to pull up a picture but couldn't. Maybe someone can find a picture. Somehow it sounds dangerous, especially for a heavy person.
P.S. Thanks again for that bridge holder you game me. You're welcome to visit me again anytime.

Your welcome, since I've got one daughter in Marinal Del Rey you never know.

These were NOT chairs. The 4' framework was mounted to the wall about 30'' or so off the floor. The leaning pad that was slightly concave was mounted to it so as you rested your butt on it all it did was take weight off your feet while you were still standing. Somewhat a slight break in you knees with you ass touching the pad and taking 50% of the weight off your feet. Only saw it here in this room at the college, but a very creative/practical idea and a perfect leaning pad for One Hole, I'm sure you could play twice as long with this piece of hardware, good for both players and would actually speed up play at the foot of the table.