Dee Adkins vs. Scott Frost 2003 D.C.C. #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Adkins missed the kick-shot and Frost just ran 5 balls (contrary to the score indicator). It's still Frost's shot. What would you do from here, up 2-0 in games & 5-0 in balls?

Frost's Shot.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Adkins missed the kick-shot and Frost just ran 5 balls (contrary to the score indicator). It's still Frost's shot. What would you do from here, up 2-0 in games & 5-0 in balls?

View attachment 2138

How did the clumsy idiot, run 5 balls, and wind up with everything on Adkin's side of the table, almost in a complete trap ???..:confused:

Boy, the Duck would easily steal anyone's cash, who couldn't play any better than that...Anybody know where to find this "Scott" guy ?.:p

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Scott is very aggressive, so he probably cut the 4 ball. But of course if he makes it he doesn't have to get out. If he misses it, he probably loses the game.

I'd kick in Dee's 5 ball-- either by kicking off Scott's long rail, or drawing the CB off of the 1 ball. If he can spin the CB off of his own long rail past the 14 ball, that's better yet. He could also kick it off of the head rail.

Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
There are several shots here.
He could cut the 4.
If he can see the 14 he could hit the side rail then the 5 making it and send the 14 to his pocket.
He could shoot the 15 into the side of the 14 banking it to his pocket and freezing the cue ball behind the 2 ball.
Several other shots as well.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
There are several shots here.
He could cut the 4.
If he can see the 14 he could hit the side rail then the 5 making it and send the 14 to his pocket.
He could shoot the 15 into the side of the 14 banking it to his pocket and freezing the cue ball behind the 2 ball.
Several other shots as well.

Bill Stroud
Bill, I don't believe he can use the 15 ball to pocket the 5 ball, I also don't believe that he can choose the 14 ball to combo bank the 15 ball, no room for either shot. That leaves imo the second option of kicking off the side rail to pocket the 5 ball, but even that shot may not be available. His first option would be to cut the 4 ball because of his ball pocketing ability, but using the bridge may deter him enough to choose another option. Then we have the billiard off the 1 ball pocketing the 5 ball, if that shot is chosen and missed you want to reposition the cue ball ( if possible ) under the 5 ball on the left side of the 5 ball on the foot rail, opposed to leaving a shot on the 5 ball with an angle to hit the LEFT side of the 5 ball and then go into the stack. By leaving the cue ball in the position referenced you cut down on his ball running production.

Billy I.

bstroud

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Bill, I don't believe he can use the 15 ball to pocket the 5 ball, I also don't believe that he can choose the 14 ball to combo bank the 15 ball, no room for either shot. That leaves imo the second option of kicking off the side rail to pocket the 5 ball, but even that shot may not be available. His first option would be to cut the 4 ball because of his ball pocketing ability, but using the bridge may deter him enough to choose another option. Then we have the billiard off the 1 ball pocketing the 5 ball, if that shot is chosen and missed you want to reposition the cue ball ( if possible ) under the 5 ball on the left side of the 5 ball on the foot rail, opposed to leaving a shot on the 5 ball with an angle to hit the LEFT side of the 5 ball and then go into the stack. By leaving the cue ball in the position referenced you cut down on his ball running production.

Billy I.

Hey Billy,

You may be correct. It is really hard to tell if either shot is on.
I also see the 4 off the 10 and the cue ball in the stack between the 2 ,15 and ?. That would get a ball near his poc.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
Hey Billy,

You may be correct. It is really hard to tell if either shot is on.
I also see the 4 off the 10 and the cue ball in the stack between the 2 ,15 and ?. That would get a ball near his poc.

Bill Stroud
The 4 ball off the 10 ball is a little risky for several reasons, one being that you give your opponent too much managing ability with possible options if missed. Another would be if you happen to open the 2 ball up for an offensive shot. I think before doing that you either have to cut the 4 ball or play the 1 ball billiard, providing the kick to the 5 ball isn't available.

Billy I.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Wish this shot had a birds eye view...would save allot of speculating.

Mindset;
he still needs a few balls...Looks like he has a shot on a ball but probally doesnt want to just cinch it.....he wants OUT. I predict He will look for a shot that gets him out....even if its a tougher shot.

Offensive;
The ball in the middle ( looks like the 7 ball but i think some have called it a 5 or 4 ball also this thread.)
Looks like its cutable....with a draw/draw inside shot you maybe even make the ten at the same time .....its going that direction. Hold the rock in town.

If he can see between the 15/"7" he may have shot the combo on the 10.

Defensive;
1 rail kick dees hanger. or make the hanger any one of a few ways .
This is just not something i see scott doing.

But i think these are to obvious a choices for a seasoned poster like The cowboy to test us with.

Im going to gamble that he crossed the 15 and played carom on the "7".

Genius is often confused with insanity .....anyone that watches me play will attest to that. It all depends on what the outcome is.;)

CMaaawwwN SeaBiSkUT!!!!!!:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The question that I usually ask, if I remember to, is "what would you do?". I find it vastly more informational if everyone gives their opinions based on their skill level & knowledge. That said, here's what Scott shot:p:

He shot and missed the 4 ball knocking the 5 ball in Dee's pocket.

Frost's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it. Dee ran 6 balls and Scott gave him the 7th and the game.

Scott's Leave.Jpeg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Frank Almanza said:
For me if I can reach it comfortably I'm slicing the four ball, if not then I'm looking for a way to give him the five.

You're right on Frank, this shot is much harder for a lefty.:(
Rod.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Another shot that I don't think was discussed is shooting the one ball with a half ball hit and draw to make the five ball sitting in Dee's pocket. Not a real difficult shot and it doesn't put any balls by Scott's hole but playable, imo, especially with Scott leading as he was and the balls tied up in the middle.

JoeyA

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Scott is very aggressive, so he probably cut the 4 ball. But of course if he makes it he doesn't have to get out. If he misses it, he probably loses the game.

I'd kick in Dee's 5 ball-- either by kicking off Scott's long rail, or drawing the CB off of the 1 ball. If he can spin the CB off of his own long rail past the 14 ball, that's better yet. He could also kick it off of the head rail.

Doc

Another shot that I don't think was discussed is shooting the one ball with a half ball hit and draw to make the five ball sitting in Dee's pocket. Not a real difficult shot and it doesn't put any balls by Scott's hole but playable, imo, especially with Scott leading as he was and the balls tied up in the middle.

JoeyA
if you read post #7 gulfportdoc mentioned that shot:D
just sayin
nice to see people looking thru the old threads
there is ALOT to learn from there:)
just sayin