Racking for One Pocket???

Bob Farr

When I watch videos of the pros racking. Some of them just rack em up and others move the balls in some kind of order. Is there a preferred way to rack the balls for a One Pocket game?
Thanks.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bob, it's up to individual preference. Players have their own idiosyncrasies. Some like to put two contrasting balls where they plan to aim the CB. And there are many other preferences, some due to the condition of the equipment, etc.

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
When I watch videos of the pros racking. Some of them just rack em up and others move the balls in some kind of order. Is there a preferred way to rack the balls for a One Pocket game?
Thanks.

Just to be clear, Bob, the only legitimate option a player has when racking is the location of individual balls. Some prefer to have mostly stripes on the side where they are most likely to go toward their pocket because they think stripes are easier to sight on when aiming.

A "legal" rack has to be square with every ball frozen to the best of the racker's ability, and if the opponent is not satisfied that's the case, he has the option to call for a re-rack (before the break. :D )

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Some prefer to have mostly stripes on the side where they are most likely to go toward their pocket because they think stripes are easier to sight on when aiming.

That's a cool thought I had not considered. I always tend to prefer a stripe (breaking in 14.1 for example).
Thanks John. You probably just ruined me. Now i have something else to be anal about. :frus

senor

Verified Member
That's a cool thought I had not considered. I always tend to prefer a stripe (breaking in 14.1 for example).
Thanks John. You probably just ruined me. Now i have something else to be anal about. :frus

It's only for those with serious ball-pocketing insecurities :D:D:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Rack

Rack

Many of the players at Hard Times Sacramento (Including me) rack the side you are breaking to with stripes. The thinking here is the solids, especially the one ball, are smaller and harder to freeze because of the beating they take in rotation games. We get to use newer balls for tournaments so it is not an issue, but the older balls for daily use are a little beat up.

Bob Farr

Thanks everyone for your responses. Very interesting and some useful info. I've been been racking with the one or five ball on the head and the eight or six ball second for contrast.
I will start putting the stripes all on my side now because I like to shoot the stripes as I seem to see them better.