Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2019, 08:22 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
I'd bank the 3 straight-back with draw. If I miss, he's got nothing. If I make it, cut the 12 in, play shape for the 1 or 13.

Some guys couldn't reach the 3 straight-back. If so, slice the 12 to (or in) the hole, bringing the CB up inside the 1 ball.

The 1-ball bank is possible. But if it's hit thin enough to make, then the CB won't be able to contact the 8.

~Doc
If you draw enough off the 3 to protect against the 1 ball, and miss, you'll give up a bank on the 12, and the 3 will go back up table. That's one of the other reasons I like banking the 1 and nip drawing the CB into the 8, which seems almost automatic the way I read the pictures. A little inside draw off the 1 would ensure a good hit on the 8. Even if I miss, I'll have the 1 near my hole, the 12 is not a threat, and the 3 is still there on my side for a future bank shot after my opponent has to deal with the 1 ball right away.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Verified Member

Default Ghost vs. Steve 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
bank the 3 in thats an easy shot, play position for the 14, make it and then play to make the one or bank the 13 and out.

Beatle nailed it. Anything else would be uncivilized.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
bank the 3 in thats an easy shot, play position for the 14, make it and then play to make the one or bank the 13 and out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Beatle nailed it. Anything else would be uncivilized.
i am not surprised....
Old 05-07-2019, 10:17 PM
Verified Member

if the bed is fast I am banking the three pocket speed and putting the cue ball between the 8 and the 1
Old 05-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobermory View Post
If you draw enough off the 3 to protect against the 1 ball, and miss, you'll give up a bank on the 12, and the 3 will go back up table. That's one of the other reasons I like banking the 1 and nip drawing the CB into the 8, which seems almost automatic the way I read the pictures. A little inside draw off the 1 would ensure a good hit on the 8. Even if I miss, I'll have the 1 near my hole, the 12 is not a threat, and the 3 is still there on my side for a future bank shot after my opponent has to deal with the 1 ball right away.
Why would you consider drawing the CB back that far? There's a good sized area for the CB where the 1 is out of play, and the 12 can't be banked (but it can be cut if the 3 pockets).
Old 05-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Verified Member

Very clever that the Ghost put one up with so many options. You have a shot on every ball except the eight ball. All have a bit of risk involved and the one ball has the least risk. The two rail bank on the ball by the corner has the most risk.
I like the shot on the one ball and with this the eight ball does serve some purpose.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:30 AM
Verified Member

if you shoot the one it looks like it will come up short most times and then it will not be a threat to him and he may get an easy bank on the 8 or 13.

plus it isnt a game winning shot. you give up your best chance of winning the game on this inning.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:17 AM
Verified Member

Bank the 3 with just straight draw using the 3 to 1 rule.
play position on the 10 ball, cut it in and get position on the 1 to bank.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Steve's shot --- the ball score is 5-5, both going to 8 --- Steve's pocket is at the bottom right --- Steve is a very aggressive player, a good rotation player more than One Pocket.....wwyd?
Naturally Steve is going to bank the 3 and play shape for the stripe

Steve would know lol.

The only question is, at the table, how do you feel about using draw, given the degree of stretch on the 3 ball bank? I might follow instead based on the stretch involved....
Old 05-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Verified Member

Banking the three ball seems to be the best shot at first glance but I'm not so sure that its the correct shot. You both need three and I think banking the one ball and dragging the cueball into the eight ball is better suited to ball control and game management.