old rules

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
beatle said:
your cue cannot be elevated above your nipples. /QUOTE]

But beatle, this would not be fair to Dolly Parton...with your above the nipple rule, she would not be able to shoot a jacked up shot when she's on the rail....:eek:....:D

- Ghost

beatle

Verified Member
sorry, forgot to add when playing any bad players or girls they can do whatever they want.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
beatle said:
these are the old rules i play by when i gamble. no jump shots and no masse shots. your cue cannot be elevated above your nipples. if playing nine ball or eight ball same cue you start the game with you finish with unless you have to change the shaft because of loss of tip. rotate breaks.
puts a damper on the jumpers. sure many wont go for this but most of them arent worth playing. the bad players that gamble dont jump anyway and are glad not to have it happen to them. plus it is much easier on the lemon.
dont understand the no masse rule. if you can do it( jump etc) without changing cues it shoud be ok. jmho

beatle

Verified Member
lll, i dont want anyone to be jumping or masseing me as it makes it easier for them to get out of trouble spots. this is gambling and i want to make them lose, not have a chance to win. plus i never do those things as that kills your action.

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
old rules

What is the rule when you accidentally touch or move two balls when shooting??The cue ball doesn't foul any of the balls moved ???????

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Beatle, masse shot are legal in most all games. Are you saying you can't even put side spin on a ball and slow roll it to curve around a ball even if you have the cue level. Thats still a masse shot if you shoot a ball to make it curve. Now the jump cues, as long as its part of the break stick I could maybe see . But I will say this, if they are getting out of your leaves perhaps you need to to leave them better. Work on that instead of limiting players to tools.---Smitty

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cal said:
What is the rule when you accidentally touch or move two balls when shooting??The cue ball doesn't foul any of the balls moved ???????
Here you go, Cal:

6.1 Unless otherwise announced by the tournament director, One Pocket is played according to the World General Rules 1.16.1, ‘cue ball fouls only’. In the event that a player accidentally moves a ball, the opponent may elect to have the disturbed ball remain in its new position or be restored to its original position. When balls are restored, they shall be placed as close as possible to their original positions, with no advantage to be gained by the offending player. If no official is available to restore disturbed balls, then the players must come to agreement on satisfactory replacement of the disturbed balls prior to continuing play.

beatle

Verified Member
sure you can spin the ball but not jacked up which is a real masse which can nick the table. long ago poolrooms wouldnt let you do it to protect the cloth.
what i am saying, it gives me a big edge in the game so it is a rule i put in if someone good wants to play me. i rarely will play anyone that can run out or close to it as if i win and even if i am getting a huge spot it kills your action from the bad players. plus the bad players like that rule as they cant jump anyway and are tired of having good players jump balls on them. so they play me instead of others.

plus i never ever, ever call scratches on players toughing their tip to the cue ball or bumping balls or making innocent mistakes. your customers are always right and they return .

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
beatle said:
sure you can spin the ball but not jacked up which is a real masse which can nick the table. long ago poolrooms wouldnt let you do it to protect the cloth.
they also had signs that said "NO GAMBLING":D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
beatle said:
what i am saying, it gives me a big edge in the game so it is a rule i put in if someone good wants to play me. i rarely will play anyone that can run out or close to it as if i win and even if i am getting a huge spot it kills your action from the bad players. plus the bad players like that rule as they cant jump anyway and are tired of having good players jump balls on them. so they play me instead of others.

plus i never ever, ever call scratches on players toughing their tip to the cue ball or bumping balls or making innocent mistakes. your customers are always right and they return .
since you are trying to stay under the radar, making that rule no jump shots no masse to make your "customers"happy makes scense if thats what they want. i just dont think in a real match up as long as you dont change cues it would be agreed to.

beatle

Verified Member
lll said:
they also had signs that said "NO GAMBLING":D

and thats exactly what the winners did.

problem is that everytime you beat someone that shoots his full speed you lose all action that cant beat him or must match up at his games. the only way to consistantly win in the same poolroom is to keep all comers confused as to your speed and play games where when you beat them they arent sure they were locked up.

of course if you just like to play to test yourself or love the game and dont care if you win then thats a different story. nothing wrong with that at all.

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
I hate jump cues, I jump with my full player and well too. Just not from 2.5" which is stupid anyways. As for one hole I am glad jump cues aint allowed...what a mess that would be...i could see all the nits pulling out their pred airs trying to post bail from the jail house.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I can't recall a single instance where a guy has used a jump shot on me playing one-hole. I don't have a jump shot, so I've never even considered it.

There are some interesting opportunities that exist for a semi-jump, or a jump over a blocking ball for position. Grady shows some of these fantastic shots on one of his tapes. But jumping whitey over an intervening ball simply to pocket another ball is something that comes up only exceedingly rarely. Most guys would rather "gather" balls to their hole.

I saw Frost use a jump shot on a tape one time. It may even have been against Efren. Of course that sumbitch is apt to do ANYTHING!

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
I can't recall a single instance where a guy has used a jump shot on me playing one-hole. I don't have a jump shot, so I've never even considered it.

There are some interesting opportunities that exist for a semi-jump, or a jump over a blocking ball for position. Grady shows some of these fantastic shots on one of his tapes. But jumping whitey over an intervening ball simply to pocket another ball is something that comes up only exceedingly rarely. Most guys would rather "gather" balls to their hole.

I saw Frost use a jump shot on a tape one time. It may even have been against Efren. Of course that sumbitch is apt to do ANYTHING!

Doc

Doc, I believe the jump shots are used mostly to play safe, I've seen it done after the break.
Rod. <---After I saw that I immediatly barred jump cues in my matchups.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Ususaly....

Ususaly....

Usually I beg for 10-6. But seeing all these rules I would need the break, too.