Anybody Seen This Shot?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

After I got up this afternoon and read what I wrote, I was also confused. Please ignore all of my posts made at or slightly after 6 a.m.. That means I just got home from working 12 hrs. and my brain ain't there yet. Sorry.

That said, I just got back from the poolroom where I had absolutely no luck at all in trying to pocket this shot. Except for one time. One time the object ball kind of slid off of the side rail and it looked like the spin would pull it back to the hole but then it hit the interference ball. And I could not duplicate it.

I hit it hard, soft, from different angles, from different object ball placements(on the rail), jacked up, level stroke, different cueball placements and nothing worked.

I'm not done trying to figure it out but I've been thinking about it and maybe the table had newer cloth which allowed the object ball to slide more than bank off of the side rail. I really do not remember.

By the way, I shot it about 75 times, so I gave it a fair shot for today anyway.

Dennis

Dennis.......You know the rubber room is empty and available right now...maybe you'd like to check in for a little while and have a nice little rest.....:)

- White Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis.......You know the rubber room is empty and available right now...maybe you'd like to check in for a little while and have a nice little rest.....:)

- White Ghost

I thought about it Ghosty but then I received notice from Phoenix that this wonderful woman was done helping out one of friends down there and would be happy to come to Michigan to help me. I even got a free t-shirt out of the deal. You can't beat that. My greatest fear though is that she'll quit halfway through and leave me in need of more help.

sarah_palin_nursing_america_with_sexy_back_t_shirt-p235783470201705881t5e4_400.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
I thought about it Ghosty but then I received notice from Phoenix that this wonderful woman was done helping out one of friends down there and would be happy to come to Michigan to help me. I even got a free t-shirt out of the deal. You can't beat that. My greatest fear though is that she'll quit halfway through and leave me in need of more help.

View attachment 185

Enlargement Please....we don't care about 2 forearms and a neck...sheeesh. No comprende "Photo Shop" ?

If I ever learn to post pictures, you guy's are in deep s--t !

PS..I have several pics of "Bubbles" trying to find RA's lap.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Anybody seen this shot?

Anybody seen this shot?

This shot is in one of the books--Nick Varner's, I think--but the 14 ball is an apple with the narrow end of the apple facing the near rail.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
petie said:
This shot is in one of the books--Nick Varner's, I think--but the 14 ball is an apple with the narrow end of the apple facing the near rail.

It must have been a Delicious, a Granny Smith would have rolled straight.

Splash

From
Hiratsuka Japan
So how did it go?

So how did it go?

lll said:
shoot with alot of center right hand spin ? or alittle draw with right hand spin? let us know on tuesday how you made out.

I would think high left could impart a --teensy bit-- of low draw, especially if the contact point was --conveniently-- smudged with a dollop of chalk?

Still would like to know if his arm is sewn back on and healed enough to give us the promised follow-up. Otherwise I vote for a Holodeck illusion intervening ball.:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Splash said:
I would think high left could impart a --teensy bit-- of low draw, especially if the contact point was --conveniently-- smudged with a dollop of chalk?

Still would like to know if his arm is sewn back on and healed enough to give us the promised follow-up. Otherwise I vote for a Holodeck illusion intervening ball.:rolleyes:

Splash,

Did you read my post #20? I tried everything I knew for about an hour and a half or so. Nothing worked. Maybe it was originally shown to me on new cloth, I don't know. But once my arm heals, I'll try it again. Haven't been back to the poolroom since that day.

Dennis