D. DiLiberto vs. D. Medina 1998 World One Pocket

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Good selection. Carradine wrote that and won an Oscar-Best Original Song, not to mention a Golden Globe-"Nashville".. I still remember him in 'Thieves Like Us' as one of my favorites. What a crew that was.

Yeah Jimmy....that was a real nice mellow song to chill out to, with a lady, or a joint, or preferably both...:)....here's a couple of more great ballads from back in the day - by my man Leon...I'm sure you know them >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvazuyF6eXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-a_5JdyLhg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Yeah Jimmy....that was a real nice mellow song to chill out to, with a lady, or a joint, or preferably both...:)....here's a couple of more great ballads from back in the day - by my man Leon...I'm sure you know them >>>

Now I guess you are going to play 'disc jockey' with Jimmy, rather than challenge any of my verbal taunts ?..:rolleyes:

Recent Examples;..http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=81699&postcount=1

...."........."........;..http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=96277&postcount=38

PS..I guess some people manifest thier FEAR in different ways...( but playing DJ ??).:confused: :eek: :D

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Good stuff. I been listening to Masquerade a bunch of times. I skip over the long intro but still a great one. I even had to review Karen Carpenter's version and others. I think about Karen a lot. We all just watched that little girl waste away until she died. What a horror. Another girl I didn't appreciate until after she died was Janis Joplin. Check this one out. I would that I could go back in time and jump on stage during this one. I would be dancing with that dorky looking dude in the white shirt with a tie. He was just getting down like a white guy wasn't he? Yea, I want to go back in time and save her. Watch how she controls the scene with all those people up there and not even worry about a thing. How many would do that today?? This scene can get down into your soul if you want it to.......

And why is Superduck taunting us. He was jonin my ass over in the members cafe about my ever so slight borderline ephebophilia problem. I already admitted my disease so that's the first step, and besides that, there isn't any type cure for it so it's not my freaking fault. It's society's fault so I won't take it much more. I will get the ass whacker on his little ass and there will be hell to pay:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2x1yo8Ztdw&feature=related

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hold on dere !

Hold on dere !

And why is Superduck taunting us. He was jonin my ass over in the members cafe about my ever so slight borderline ephebophilia problem. I already admitted my disease so that's the first step, and besides that, there isn't any type cure for it so it's not my freaking fault. It's society's fault so I won't take it much more. I will get the ass whacker on his little ass and there will be hell to pay:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2x1yo8Ztdw&feature=related

JimmyB, I would never 'taunt' you. I think you are one of the most interesting characters on the forum..If I said anything derogatory, it was all in jest, and I apologize..You got to watch yourself socializing with your Chicago music buddie's.... "Haintgotno Epidermus" is much more serious than any 'disease' you may have, AND it is highly contageous..Almost everyone in Chicago has an extreme case of it. (some call it, REEEAAALY THIN SKIN).:eek: And who among us doesnt have a little ephebophilia in him ? :eek: :D

From what I gather, you are, (or were) in the entertainment business. My daughter (vocalist) fronts a solid five piece band in Denver. Her husband plays lead guitar, and they have an old piano player, thats plays as good as Flloyd Kramer (sp)..They cover mostly '60's & 70's, rock, and a little country music. I will try and get something up here for you to critique. I guarantee you'll like it. Peace bro.:)

Daughter & son-in-law are Lynda and Randy Hamm. (both center)... Here is a recent promo

GROOVIN' ON

View attachment 6294
The "Groovin' On" Oldie Band delivers the Rock'n Roll, Country, Motown and R&B music from where it all started, namely the 50's, 60's and 70's at an amazingly top sound quality. Where ever Groovin'on performs, the dance floor fills up instantly! This is certainly one of the top Oldies Band in whole Colorado. All of the 6 musicians performed professionally over 25 years each on stage or in studios. But, there are no boundaries, more recent songs will be played if requested, assuming it fits the Genre.

Lynda Hamm Vocal, played with husband Randy in the 1970's in rock and blues bands in California. She moved with Randy to Colorado in the mid 80's and joined Groovin'on. Close your eyes and you might think that Patsy Cline is on stage.

Randy Hamm Lead Guitar & Vocal, began playing music in the 60's performing acoustic folk, blues and country. Randy moved to Colorado in the mid 80's with Lynda, his wife. (Randy, Steve and Dave are Co-Founders of Groovin'on)

Steve Claps Drums and Vocal, performing in the Colorado area since the 1950's. Steve played from small bands to the big bands. From ballroom dancing music to country western style.

Randy Pietro, Vocal & Guitar, has been playing professionally for over 20 years. He has opened for Hal Ketchum, Restless Heart, Mark Chesnut and Trace Adkins. His influences are mainly from Jazz, R&B, Motown, Country and Classic Rock. He is well versed as a Guitarist, Vocalist, Saxophone and Harp Player.

Dave Jordan Keyboards and Vocal, performs in Colorado since the 50's.Using a multi keyboard system, Dave will provide horns, strings or voices (as well as his own) to a song while also soloing or playing rhythm.

Manni Benecken, Bass Guitar & Vocal, played in Germany in the 60's with “The Flaming Stars” & “The Devils”. He played in many German Dance Clubs, among them are the famous “Star Clubs”.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
JimmyB, I would never 'taunt' you, you are one of the neatest characters on the forum IMO..If I said anything derogatory, it was all in jest, and I apologize..You got to watch yourself socializing with your Chicago music buddie's, "Aintgotno Epidermus" is much more serious than any 'disease' you may have, AND it is highly contageous..Almost everyone in Chicago has an extreme case of it. (some call it, REEEAAALY THIN SKIN).:eek: And who among us doesnt have a little ephebophilia in him ? :eek:

From what I gather, you are, (or were) in the entertainment business. My daughter (vocalist) fronts a solid five piece band in Denver. Her husband plays lead guitar, and they have an old piano player, thats plays as good as Flloyd Kramer (sp)..They cover mostly '60's & 70's, rock, and a little country music. I will try and get something up here for you to critique. I guarantee you'll like it. Peace bro.:)

Daughter & son-in-law are Lynda and Randy Hamm... Here is a recent promo

GROOVIN' ON

View attachment 6294
The "Groovin' On" Oldie Band delivers the Rock'n Roll, Country, Motown and R&B music from where it all started, namely the 50's, 60's and 70's at an amazingly top sound quality. Where ever Groovin'on performs, the dance floor fills up instantly! This is certainly one of the top Oldies Band in whole Colorado. All of the 6 musicians performed professionally over 25 years each on stage or in studios. But, there are no boundaries, more recent songs will be played if requested, assuming it fits the Genre.

Lynda Hamm Vocal, played with husband Randy in the 1970's in rock and blues bands in California. She moved with Randy to Colorado in the mid 80's and joined Groovin'on. Close your eyes and you might think that Patsy Cline is on stage.

Randy Hamm Lead Guitar & Vocal, began playing music in the 60's performing acoustic folk, blues and country. Randy moved to Colorado in the mid 80's with Lynda, his wife. (Randy, Steve and Dave are Co-Founders of Groovin'on)

Steve Claps Drums and Vocal, performing in the Colorado area since the 1950's. Steve played from small bands to the big bands. From ballroom dancing music to country western style.

Randy Pietro, Vocal & Guitar, has been playing professionally for over 20 years. He has opened for Hal Ketchum, Restless Heart, Mark Chesnut and Trace Adkins. His influences are mainly from Jazz, R&B, Motown, Country and Classic Rock. He is well versed as a Guitarist, Vocalist, Saxophone and Harp Player.

Dave Jordan Keyboards and Vocal, performs in Colorado since the 50's.Using a multi keyboard system, Dave will provide horns, strings or voices (as well as his own) to a song while also soloing or playing rhythm.

Manni Benecken, Bass Guitar & Vocal, played in Germany in the 60's with “The Flaming Stars” & “The Devils”. He played in many German Dance Clubs, among them are the famous “Star Clubs”.

Manni Benecken, Bass Guitar & Vocal, played in Germany in the 60's with “The Flaming Stars” & “The Devils”. He played in many German Dance Clubs, among them are the famous “Star Clubs”

SuperDuck <---Is extra thick-skinned, under his feathers

Since you're so good at "editing" why don't you edit out the second "post within a post" you f@@king moron? Don't you at least read your posts after you post them? What an idiot.

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Since you're so good at "editing" why don't you edit out the second "post within a post" you f@@king moron? Don't you at least read your posts after you post them? What an idiot.

RBL

I was working on that, you moron...If you hadn't pounced on it, it would have been gone !..I had no idea the f-ing "Editing Police" were up at this hour..What an idiot !!! :frus :( ...I NEVER double post. :mad:

I was working on that, you moron...If you hadn't pounced on it, it would have been gone !..I had no idea the f-ing "Editing Police" were up at this hour..What an idiot !!! :frus :( ...I NEVER double post. :mad:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jj1.jpg
what a way to wake up .
a blast from the past
somewhat subdued version for janis
she was such a great performer
and you could tell she was in total command of the stage
thanks jimmyb
:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Daughter & son-in-law are Lynda and Randy Hamm. (both center)... Here is a recent promo

GROOVIN' ON

View attachment 6294
The "Groovin' On" Oldie Band delivers the Rock'n Roll, Country, Motown and R&B music from where it all started, namely the 50's, 60's and 70's at an amazingly top sound quality. Where ever Groovin'on performs, the dance floor fills up instantly! This is certainly one of the top Oldies Band in whole Colorado.

ive been lucky enough to listen to GROOVIN ON and they got me groovin...
very professional and they can really rock
:)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Oh, you were working on it. I'm f@@king sorry for mentioning it then:rolleyes:.

Oh, you were working on it. I'm f@@king sorry for mentioning it then:rolleyes:.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
JimmyB, I would never

Don't even worry about that. I was totally kidding in that post. I swear. But 'Groovin On' sounds like my kind of band. Tons of experience and they know what the people like it seems. I have seen some bands from around the Carolinas this summer at block parties and clubs. Most of the time the dance area was empty during their songs but as soon as they went on break, some recorded line dance crap cranked up and the floor was packed, and a song telling them each move to make, like take a step to the left, now turn around, now hop forward, now slide to the right etc. lol

Some of them include 'Ten Toes Up' 'Wanda Johnson' 'Outshyne' 'Craig Sorrells Project' 'Eric Scott Band'... They all have stuff up on youtube if anyone wants to check them out