Hard Times Stream

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Chicago Air

Chicago Air

SVB. Is that Sonny Van Bumpkin or the other guy? Jeez, maybe I cant give you 9 to 8.

Beard

Home cookin!

They (Ernesto) redid the tables last month and they are slowing some of the champions down. They play very similar to the tables at Hard Times, Bellflower. Three of the local players, including myself, are still on the winners side. Appleton and SVB are both out.

I caught Shane a little off and played well. The last game I needed one and he needed six. I never left anything that looked like a shot for a half hour and he still made two. Three balls were jammed up in the hole downtable on his side and he double kissed a tight bank and left me a one railer that won it for me.

There are sixteen players left and they will finish today. Nine ball starts tomorrow.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Home cookin!

They (Ernesto) redid the tables last month and they are slowing some of the champions down. They play very similar to the tables at Hard Times, Bellflower. Three of the local players, including myself, are still on the winners side. Appleton and SVB are both out.

I caught Shane a little off and played well. The last game I needed one and he needed six. I never left anything that looked like a shot for a half hour and he still made two. Three balls were jammed up in the hole downtable on his side and he double kissed a tight bank and left me a one railer that won it for me.

There are sixteen players left and they will finish today. Nine ball starts tomorrow.

Rave on, brother John! That Chicago Squeeze finally soaked into your bones.

Beard

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The stream is good, just would be Great to see the ball box area. Wouldn't take much to pan down a inch or two to see the score. I'm not complaining, but this is so simple to change.

Last edited:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
John doing the 'rack your own' in the 2nd game against Corey. It was Hill Hill when I had to leave around 1130 this morning... he's wearing his lucky OnePocket.Org shirt.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John doing the 'rack your own' in the 2nd game against Corey. It was Hill Hill when I had to leave around 1130 this morning... he's wearing his lucky OnePocket.Org shirt.

It was not lucky enough Tom. It was a long tough match, but he finally wore me down.

I did have on the black onepocket.org shirt on when I beat SVB. That shirt was really lucky.:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Corey wins the tournament 4-2 over Kiamco...I watched most of it - overall, they both played excellent...Corey, as usual, did it all, i.e..he shot some shots that he shouldn't have/were way too risky, and they didn't turn out well for him - but he also made several great shots............and Kiamco, it's ridiculous how fukking straight he shoots..I watched this final match, and another match of his, and never saw him miss a single ball - and he even shoots/makes combinations where the two object balls are 6-10 inches apart like they're hangers.

- Ghost

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Corey wins the tournament 4-2 over Kiamco...I watched most of it - overall, they both played excellent...Corey, as usual, did it all, i.e..he shot some shots that he shouldn't have/were way too risky, and they didn't turn out well for him - but he also made several great shots............and Kiamco, it's ridiculous how fukking straight he shoots..I watched this final match, and another match of his, and never saw him miss a single ball - and he even shoots/makes combinations where the two object balls are 6-10 inches apart like they're hangers.

- Ghost

That was after Corey forfeited a match too, they said. Maybe he's getting the hang of it. The ten ball match afterwards was a sight to behold. SVB spots Corey the 5 and 6 and shoots him down 21-10 for $1,400. Corey should have just let Mr. Henderson shoot for him. He can deal with the mighty SVB.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
That was after Corey forfeited a match too, they said. Maybe he's getting the hang of it. The ten ball match afterwards was a sight to behold. SVB spots Corey the 5 and 6 and shoots him down 21-10 for $1,400. Corey should have just let Mr. Henderson shoot for him. He can deal with the mighty SVB.

Corey put me in the losers bracket in a hill/hill match. I might have played as good against him as I did against Shane, but Corey finally wore me down. When he wants to squeeze, you don't get air.

I caught Shane a little off guard and had one of those sets where everything worked. He lost to Amar Kang the next match.

I expect we will see the real Shane in the 9 ball that starts today. They have 120+ players and are taking sign ups til noon today. I will be a sweator for this one.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Luke, what's your take on Kiamco's 1P tactics game? I've played him, and always felt that I had a reasonable chance to win because he oftentimes leaves mediocre safties. However when you make a mistake against him (and I made several) he generally makes the shot, and a few more after.

He's a very stoic, unemotional guy, who never says a word. I had to laugh when he and Earl were playing a 1P match on the next table to mine at Galveston. Earl was bitching, commenting, attempting to shark, etc., but Warren acted as though Earl simply wasn't there.

He seems to be learning one-pocket more each tournament. But so far he's been a typical top player who doesn't play the greatest moving game, but his shooting abilities win him matches.

Doc