Super Seniors Hot Seat Match

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John Smith and I play for the hot seat at noon tomorrow. He just beat James Christopher who manages the other Bogies and was the highest bid in the player auction.

Steve sent a ringer out here from New Hampshire.:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
John Smith and I play for the hot seat at noon tomorrow. He just beat James Christopher who manages the other Bogies and was the highest bid in the player auction.

Steve sent a ringer out here from New Hampshire.:D
I hope John bought himself in the calcutta :eek:

Yes John can shoot real well for his age -- just like the rest of you lol. One year at DCC when they had a $2000 bonus for highest senior all around finisher, he lost out to Wade Crane. But the thing was, John did not even realize he was that close in the running and when he suffered his first loss in 9-ball he did not buy back. That alone gets you ahead one more round!!!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'd bet Mr. Smith gets underestimated quite frequently, for whatever reasons, he seems to me more like a retired professor, or high school principle than what he actually is, which is a very good one pocket player!

I visited with him a couple of times over the last two days and I can say without a doubt, John Smith is a kind and gracious man with a very pleasant demeanor. He smiles easily, is courteous always and I'm glad to know him.

Hendy will have his hands full today!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'd bet Mr. Smith gets underestimated quite frequently, for whatever reasons, he seems to me more like a retired professor, or high school principle than what he actually is, which is a very good one pocket player!

I visited with him a couple of times over the last two days and I can say without a doubt, John Smith is a kind and gracious man with a very pleasant demeanor. He smiles easily, is courteous always and I'm glad to know him.

Hendy will have his hands full today!
You are right, on all counts, Jeff!

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Played some warm up games with John Smith, as LJ said very good player and nice guy to be around. In fact I didn't meet anyone who you wouldn't enjoy a evening of playing pool with them. Both of you guys are good players. Good luck.--Smitty

pvclou

Verified Member
Super Seniors Hot Seat Match

pvclou came last night. (Very nice young man.) He asked me what I thought the strong point of John's game was, and I couldn't put my finger on it... he seems to me to do everything well.

Nice meeting you too, John. :)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
pvclou came last night. (Very nice young man.) He asked me what I thought the strong point of John's game was, and I couldn't put my finger on it... he seems to me to do everything well.

I have been playing John for close to thirty years. When we started it was 10-7.then 9/7, then 8/7 and then I had my injury. John plays very well and his cue ball control is what makes him so strong, plus he is a monster in 9 ball. He knows the moves to protect, to push, and to tighten up. Consummate player.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I have been playing John for close to thirty years. When we started it was 10-7.then 9/7, then 8/7 and then I had my injury. John plays very well and his cue ball control is what makes him so strong, plus he is a monster in 9 ball. He knows the moves to protect, to push, and to tighten up. Consummate player.

Glad to see you are well enough to post. Terrible bad roll to make that long expensive trip and get knocked out of being able to enjoy it.

I really enjoyed my brief time with you.

For those of you who don't know him, Kentucky Bill is a riot. When I commented on how well he was banking, he said, "What do you expect? They named a state after me." :lol

(And he's the spitting image of Wild Bill Hickock.) :)

By the way, you're absolutely right about Hendy's game. I found he plays better than I realized. Solid!

However, my comment to pvclou was about John Smith, JohnInNH

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Glad to see you are well enough to post. Terrible bad roll to make that long expensive trip and get knocked out of being able to enjoy it.

I really enjoyed my brief time with you.

For those of you who don't know him, Kentucky Bill is a riot. When I commented on how well he was banking, he said, "What do you expect? They named a state after me." :lol

(And he's the spitting image of Wild Bill Hickock.) :)

By the way, you're absolutely right about Hendy's game. I found he plays better than I realized. Solid!

However, my comment to pvclou was about John Smith, JohnInNH

I am pretty sure John Smith has way less experience playing One Pocket than all of the other players in the Super Seniors. I am the one that introduced him to the game pretty much, and that was only about 10 or 15 years ago -- back when he was about 60 or so, lol. I would guess he only has about 300-500 games under his belt in his lifetime, and at least half of them with me, lol.

I just hope he bought himself in the calcutta!!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I am pretty sure John Smith has way less experience playing One Pocket than all of the other players in the Super Seniors.

I watched him play and I can only think of two possibilities:Either he's from another planet or you're fulla shit. :D

I just hope he bought himself in the calcutta!!

Nope, but he probably bought half from FiremanKC (Casey Killian) who bought him after watching him in the warm-ups.

Good move and good eye Casey!

BTW, Casey is a blast. We talked a lot and played about 20 games. He will bet you that fried chicken ain't greasy if you give him the right odds and you'll bet enough! :heh

Out of those 20 games we played, I won five or six of them and he's still pissed. :D

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
I have already congradulated John Henderson. I want to say to all, there was no easy money. This is a group of really knowledgeable and skilled guys. To call out each that impressed me would be to post the flyer. However, something that has not been mentioned is the banking skill of Casey. Ths in no way is to take anything away from anyone, but Casey was really dialed in with his banking when I was watching Very impressive.

One other thought. Think about what you guys know and share about 1P and what the reast of the world playing rotation games are missing!

firemankc

Verified Member
I watched him play and I can only think of two possibilities:Either he's from another planet or you're fulla shit. :D

Nope, but he probably bought half from FiremanKC (Casey Killian) who bought him after watching him in the warm-ups.

Good move and good eye Casey!

BTW, Casey is a blast. We talked a lot and played about 20 games. He will bet you that fried chicken ain't greasy if you give him the right odds and you'll bet enough! :heh

Out of those 20 games we played, I won five or six of them and he's still pissed. :D

John, I bought John Henderson in the Calcutta. Looking forward til the next tournament to play you. I know you were stalling, but I do not care. You are fun to be around. Thanks, Casey

firemankc

Verified Member
I have already congradulated John Henderson. I want to say to all, there was no easy money. This is a group of really knowledgeable and skilled guys. To call out each that impressed me would be to post the flyer. However, something that has not been mentioned is the banking skill of Casey. Ths in no way is to take anything away from anyone, but Casey was really dialed in with his banking when I was watching Very impressive.

One other thought. Think about what you guys know and share about 1P and what the reast of the world playing rotation games are missing!

Phil, Thanks for the compliment. The reason I bank the balls is because I can't make straight in shots. Had a great time and met some wonderful people. Just glad to be able to get up in the morning and play pool. Thanks to John Rizzo, Jeff Sparks and everyone else who helped put this on. A great pool hall and great people. P.S. Jeff I still need 9-7 quit stalling.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John, I bought John Henderson in the Calcutta.

Comment ca va?

We were talkin' about John Smith... you bought him, didn't you?

I really enjoyed playing you and listening to you explain the advanced concepts of your crooked, wrist-twisting no-aim bank stroke. Do you go to Mass twice a day? :D

I'm gonna come to N.O. and play you on your tight Diamond. I only need 12-4. (no smiley.... I really need 13-3 but I'll take 12-4 because I assume you'll provide the oysters and lobster.)

See you at Derby, ma fren'.

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
Buncha good guys

Buncha good guys

John, I was the fortunate guy that bought John Smith...watched him play Thursday night and was impressed enough to buy(steal) him. What a kind gentleman he is, as all of the guys in the tourney were. Totally enjoyed meeting everybody and looking forward to next year.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John, I was the fortunate guy that bought John Smith...watched him play Thursday night and was impressed enough to buy(steal) him. What a kind gentleman he is, as all of the guys in the tourney were. Totally enjoyed meeting everybody and looking forward to next year.

Oh, I misunderstood when Casey told me he bought John I thought we had been talking about Smith.

Congratulations. Good eye. (And what a gentleman he is.)

Hey troutman, I thought I met all the 1P.org guys who were there except for vapros, who left before I found out he was there.

Wish we'd had a chance to at least say Hi! Next year, if not for the Derby.

Does the "mo" on your handle indicate Missouri?