under/over Ghosty vs. California kid

chicagomike

Verified Member
Let's set the stage...Race to 10 one pocket. One of these guys claims to move llike a ghost. The Kid's last match race to 10 took over 16hrs of straight play to finish. The Kid says it has been told that one would rather stick nails in their eyes rather than watch him play a long race:frus The Kid is a self proclaimed 70 year old "blue hair chaser" and collects social security checks with which he travels the country looking for one pocket action.

Ghosty claims to "move like a ghost" says he will stall a little to keep his "customers" around. He says he will have the bartender " take special care of the Kid".;)

Gulfport Doc predicts, "With 4 1/8" pockets neither one off these old hornyaks is going to run over two balls in any inning...could be a full 2 day contest."

To which the Kid proclaims "On 4" pockets I have run 4 balls a time or two."

The Kid has been out eating and partying with the "blue hairs" since his flight landed in Chicago.

Ghosty has been on the internet full time and posting inflamatory pics and verbage.

SO THE QUESTION IS....

What's the under/over on the match time??? Hours??? Days??

Final match score??

What will the high run of balls be??? And by who??

Will we see any 8 and outs???

My prediction is the match will be over by 11pm today. Hi run is given to Ghost with a 7 and out. The Kid squeaks it out in a hill/hill shot that no one has ever seen before and which he has been practicing for years with Artie in an undisclosed location. Dazed and confused as if hit by the great Mohammad Ali, the Ghost disappears with payment made by his financial advisor.

What are your thoughts???

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The match

The match

Let's set the stage...Race to 10 one pocket. One of these guys claims to move llike a ghost. The Kid's last match race to 10 took over 16hrs of straight play to finish. The Kid says it has been told that one would rather stick nails in their eyes rather than watch him play a long race:frus The Kid is a self proclaimed 70 year old "blue hair chaser" and collects social security checks with which he travels the country looking for one pocket action.

Ghosty claims to "move like a ghost" says he will stall a little to keep his "customers" around. He says he will have the bartender " take special care of the Kid".;)

Gulfport Doc predicts, "With 4 1/8" pockets neither one off these old hornyaks is going to run over two balls in any inning...could be a full 2 day contest."

To which the Kid proclaims "On 4" pockets I have run 4 balls a time or two."

The Kid has been out eating and partying with the "blue hairs" since his flight landed in Chicago.

Ghosty has been on the internet full time and posting inflamatory pics and verbage.

SO THE QUESTION IS....

What's the under/over on the match time??? Hours??? Days??

Final match score??

What will the high run of balls be??? And by who??

Will we see any 8 and outs???

My prediction is the match will be over by 11pm today. Hi run is given to Ghost with a 7 and out. The Kid squeaks it out in a hill/hill shot that no one has ever seen before and which he has been practicing for years with Artie in an undisclosed location. Dazed and confused as if hit by the great Mohammad Ali, the Ghost disappears with payment made by his financial advisor.

What are your thoughts???

I believe the Ghost has been practicing at a hidden location the last few days and getting coached by Billy I and Chris G.

Won't help him. All this good Chicago food has me feeling froggy and honed to a fine edge.

Pork chops at Hog Wild tonight.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I believe the Ghost has been practicing at a hidden location the last few days and getting coached by Billy I and Chris G.

Won't help him. All this good Chicago food has me feeling froggy and honed to a fine edge.

I'm in for the chops!!! Hope to get there early for good seating.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'll guess 10-8 final score by whoever wins it. The guys play different styles, but they each play their respective styles very well. It's an even match. I don't recall who won the last time they played, so that tells me it was close. They both play their best when a crowd is watching, because they're both such hams.:D

All I know is that I'd need 8-6 from either man; probably 9-6 based on the way I've been playing this year...:(

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

I would coach them - they can't coach me...:cool:

John my friend...you being our honored guest here, and since you felt froggy enough to challenge me to this match..I've secured a private parking place for you right in front of the front door of the poolroom..:heh..just look for this sign to find your private parking space...:D ------>

Attachments

• Frog parking.jpg
    Frog parking.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0