a while back jeff asked for some end game wwyd
they arent sexy but here is one
jeremy jones vs scott frost
race to 5
game and ball score shown
its scotts shot
wwyd
View attachment 16352

Line up to shoot just off the left of Jeremys hole and shove the whole pile as hard as I could with draw.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Line up to shoot just off the left of Jeremys hole and shove the whole pile as hard as I could with draw.

:confused::confused:
are you shooting with draw into the wedge??
if so 1)wouldnt that be a double hit??
2) jermey's pocket is at the other end of the wedge
or are you kicking into the foot rail and coming into the wege??
if so why draw??

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I must be up too early. Scott's pocket is the bottom right? I would cross corner the one with shape for the nine. Then pick off one ball at a time.

keoneyo

Verified Member
The 9 might be in the way of the 5 rail. Its a BIG ball.
I like to set a trap here. Making a cross corner on the 1 ball isnt good for me unless I can get into the cluster and snooker.

I am thinking of cutting the 9 towards my hole and sending cue ball behind the stack, sticking to it. Any response on my opponents part is strictly defensive. I believe he can leave me in a position to send more balls down table towards my hole.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
:confused::confused:
are you shooting with draw into the wedge??
if so 1)wouldnt that be a double hit??
2) jermey's pocket is at the other end of the wedge
or are you kicking into the foot rail and coming into the wege??
if so why draw??

Yes it would be a double hit .
I take a scratch, I might make a ball or even 2 in his hole, but I'm not looking at that pile any more , I either get really lucky or it's over and we play again.
It would be wonderful to draw into there and get behind them all but it looks like you would have to be about 10 times as lucky to do that as to smash into them , at least some of them are coming out on my shot.
I said draw because I would hate to move those balls out just to scratch in his hole with force follow.

youngstown

Verified Member
For jeff end game #1

I'm putting cb in the stack off the one and the ones coming up near the top rail on my side

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Yes it would be a double hit .
I take a scratch, I might make a ball or even 2 in his hole, but I'm not looking at that pile any more , I either get really lucky or it's over and we play again.
It would be wonderful to draw into there and get behind them all but it looks like you would have to be about 10 times as lucky to do that as to smash into them , at least some of them are coming out on my shot.
I said draw because I would hate to move those balls out just to scratch in his hole with force follow.
i still think you are shooting at the wrong pocket
look at where the spot is
icbw

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I am shooting the shot Keyno said , cut the 9 to my hole and play the CB back in that stack. JJ couldn't make a play on the 9 and Scott might be able to send another ball to his hole after JJs shot.--Smitty

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I am shooting the shot Keyno said , cut the 9 to my hole and play the CB back in that stack. JJ couldn't make a play on the 9 and Scott might be able to send another ball to his hole after JJs shot.--Smitty

Smitty, Really? You and Keyno are going the jack up over a solid foot of pool balls to cut at the nine ball? You cannot be serious! lol You, or Scott, or anyone else would be lucky not to foul and move some of those balls. And for what gain? COME ON! :frus:frus:frus:frus:frus:frus:frus:frus:frus:eek:

Tom

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I must be up too early. Scott's pocket is the bottom right? I would cross corner the one with shape for the nine. Then pick off one ball at a time.

I agree. The 1 is a very makeable cross-corner. And Scott is an excellent banker.

~Doc

The 9 might be in the way of the 5 rail. Its a BIG ball.
I like to set a trap here. Making a cross corner on the 1 ball isnt good for me unless I can get into the cluster and snooker.

I am thinking of cutting the 9 towards my hole and sending cue ball behind the stack, sticking to it. Any response on my opponents part is strictly defensive. I believe he can leave me in a position to send more balls down table towards my hole.
those that want to bank the 1 and make the 9 only get 2 balls
banking the 1 not to make it but to put in a threatening place
BUT burying the cue ball in the wedge should let you get a few more balls in play which is what you need to do

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
where's jeff ???
i hope he is ok
not like him to not be on the site

:sorry Larry,
I have been in Durant , OK. For the last few days..
Concentrating on playing in poker tournaments... To no avail so far...:(

Thanks for posting this WWYD I enjoyed looking for the shot... I'm sure I would have tried to one rail the 1 ball and shape the 9 as others have mentioned... Looks like Tom could write a book on one pocket the way he figures all these shots out... :). Cookie Monster!!! :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:sorry Larry,
I have been in Durant , OK. For the last few days..
Concentrating on playing in poker tournaments... To no avail so far...:(

Thanks for posting this WWYD I enjoyed looking for the shot... I'm sure I would have tried to one rail the 1 ball and shape the 9 as others have mentioned... Looks like Tom could write a book on one pocket the way he figures all these shots out... :). Cookie Monster!!! :)

good to know you are ok..:)