Aiming systems

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You're both on a roll

You're both on a roll

Now that's more like it Dick and Fred, or Fred and Dick. That's the kind of stuff we ,or I enjoy reading.:D This isn't about (at least not to me) who's right or wrong. it's about how good you make us oops, me feel on a slow morning. I would rather listen to you two then to watch Reyes play Frost onepocket (it's really close) Now if you want my opinion on who's right i'll give it to you.

I THINK YOUR BOTH RIGHT:D :p ;) :cool:

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
:p :p :p
fred bentivegna said:
You are finally right about something. I never did make it as high as Arnie, Jack or MJ. I feel so bad about that. Out of 10 billion people I never got as high as three of them. Your list is very telling, however. It looks like you really want to get personal. You even took a self-deprecating shot at yourself to certify it. I will do the same, but I'll take a reverse, realistic positive position. Fact is, just because you have been a creep to me doesn't change the fact that I still believe you were a TOP LEVEL ONE POCKET PLAYER. Right is right. That said, I also truly believe that I for sure ranked up in that level my own f*ckin' self. Your resentful knocks aside, my beat list is real, it aint no, "Protocol's of the Elders of Zion," much as you would like it to be.

Now let's venture as far into your "personality flaws" as you have into mine. I have now got you diagnosed as a self-hating pool hustler. Probably related to your 20 year self-exile. You never forgave yourself, and now you rationalize by always looking down on pool and pool players. Note your examples included 2 golfers and a basketball player!??? Not one pool player rates your approval? With a machete at my throat I wouldn't have put up that kind of a treasonous list. That's one of the things I meant when I talked about loyalty. You showed what you really think about pool. Why not Wimpy, Bugs and RA?
Yeah, I know you still play, but you remind me of the guy that constantly picks up women, has his way, and then after, slaps them around and curses them out.

In your 4097 posts on here how much ink have you ever given to anyone for playing good? I write whole chapters on how good guys played. Bragging on Scott Frost don't count. You are recused from that one. After getting drubbed getting 10 to 4, it's only natural that you would talk about how good he played.

Beard

I shall make this my final post on this subject. I would like to say more, but it is obvious you were blinded (at an early age, apparently) by the character and quality of the average guy who could run 8 and out.

You have often shown a patriotic bent, and a true respect for the guys like Bille, who are in the trenches big time...It just amazes me that you also feel the need glamorize the guys who would do just about anything to "get the cash".

Sure there are people in all walks of life, whose character is less than sterling, Tiger Woods, and any politician you can name come to mind. But, to deny that 95% of the people you and I both knew in this racquet, were much less than outright thieves, is beyond my ken.
Golf just happens to have an opposite ratio. Yet all of us scratch our heads, and wonder why this great game we all love, never quite got anywhere.

Thank you for calling me a "top level player", but then cutting my legs off by including yourself in the mix. I am glad I do not have your burning desire to be the best, and to ALWAYS be right.

But you are right about one thing. I can't help it if I gravitated toward the 5% that I was proud to call friends. It just makes for a much easier "old age", not having to glorify and defend every pool hustler I ever met. You can have that job.

I'm sure you will have your usual, self righteous, indignant reply to these words...but I could care less. YOU are the one who has taken "needling" to a personal level, so fire away...I'll let you have the last word.

PS..And, by the way...I only beat my women, when I was drunk..:p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Now that's more like it Dick and Fred, or Fred and Dick. That's the kind of stuff we ,or I enjoy reading.:D This isn't about (at least not to me) who's right or wrong. it's about how good you make us oops, me feel on a slow morning. :D

Billy I.

Billy, you're an evil man....:D

- Ghosty

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I (heart) pool and pool players

I (heart) pool and pool players

SJDinPHX said:
:p :p :p

I shall make this my final post on this subject. I would like to say more, but it is obvious you were blinded (at an early age, apparently) by the character and quality of the average guy who could run 8 and out.

You have often shown a patriotic bent, and a true respect for the guys like Bille, who are in the trenches big time...It just amazes me that you also feel the need glamorize the guys who would do just about anything to "get the cash".

Sure there are people in all walks of life, whose character is less than sterling, Tiger Woods, and any politician you can name come to mind. But, to deny that 95% of the people you and I both knew in this racquet, were much less than outright thieves, is beyond my ken.
Golf just happens to have an opposite ratio. Yet all of us scratch our heads, and wonder why this great game we all love, never quite got anywhere.

Thank you for calling me a "top level player", but then cutting my legs off by including yourself in the mix. I am glad I do not have your burning desire to be the best, and to ALWAYS be right.

But you are right about one thing. I can't help it if I gravitated toward the 5% that I was proud to call friends. It just makes for a much easier "old age", not having to glorify and defend every pool hustler I ever met. You can have that job.

I'm sure you will have your usual, self righteous, indignant reply to these words...but I could care less. YOU are the one who has taken "needling" to a personal level, so fire away...I'll let you have the last word.

PS..And, by the way...I only beat my women, when I was drunk..:p

Very good, you just confirmed everything that I said. You are a self-hating pool hustler. You just fessed up your true feelings about pool just like I opined. I wonder how the rest of the forum people feel after being thrust into a 5 % box of shit?

When I hung out at the Miscue Lounge in Ft Lauderdale in the 60s, the owner Don Gaddis, also owned the Plantation Golf Course. The Plantation at that time was totally gaffed up with "peeks" for card games, and bust out crap games. Gaddis was in with all that went on. Don Gaddis was another guy who couldnt walk past a pay phone without sticking his finger in the coin slot. Marty Stanovich aka The Fat Man, world champion golfer and the greatest golf hustler of all time, hung out in the poolroom along with a few other Pro Tour guys -- all of whom had enough larceny to float a yacht. Merciless thieves to be sure. They used to love to go with me and Sugar Shack Johnnie, out hustling the bars. They would bust their nuts watching us rob suckers for $5 a game. They would buy all the drinks and didnt even want an end, they just loved to see people getting strummed. Golf, the gentleman's game. Yeah. Lee Trevino robbed more people than Jesse James. That's some of them 95 % 'ers that you were talking about.

Of course you excluded the Southern Gentleman, Weenie Beanie from the 5 %, "pool is shit," list. Nice fellow. His m.o. was to buddy up and get close to you with that honey dripping charm, and then send you off into a death trap. I would have to bet that he even got you once or twice, but you were too dumb to know that you had been had. The last time I seen him he was robbing college kids for 3-5$ a pop with the keno board.

We are both right you say, Billy I? Well, if I'm right then you are an accomplished gambler, top player, great hustler, good gamemaker, someone respected by your peers, who was very successful in a difficult environment, and a good friend.
If he is right, then you are in the 5 % piece of ca ca group, with those upstanding citizen golfers looking to shun you and pee on your leg.

Beard

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
fred bentivegna said:
Bragging on Scott Frost don't count. You are recused from that one. After getting drubbed getting 10 to 4, it's only natural that you would talk about how good he played.

Beard

Scott is in his prime Freddy, he I believe just gave Gary Abood recently 10/6 or 9/6 I think it was and he is a very good player. I think there are many people on this site who can get 10/4 or 10/5 and do not have to like it. I just want to add that I have put someone on my beat list who you have not, SJD! :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if we can possibly go back to the original thread AIMING SYSTEMS
i have a question to both dick and freddy
when you attack each other what aiming system do you use???:p ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D
sorry guys couldnt help it

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Beat list= even only

Beat list= even only

Fast Lenny said:
Scott is in his prime Freddy, he I believe just gave Gary Abood recently 10/6 or 9/6 I think it was and he is a very good player. I think there are many people on this site who can get 10/4 or 10/5 and do not have to like it. I just want to add that I have put someone on my beat list who you have not, SJD! :D

Lenny, I am the guy who told Scott Frost 5 years ago that he was going to be the best 1pkt player in the world. He personally did not think so at the time. I cursed him out over that negative attitude, and reassured him that I knew what I was talking about. The incident happened in Vegas. Scott remembers it well. Ask him about it.
No I dont have the Sand Hound on my list. Wish I did, but keep in mind Lenny, that the list is only official if you and SanWhoMe?Dick played even.
I would kill myself if somebody, even now, gave me 10 to 4 and won.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
William Sailor Barge

William Sailor Barge

lll said:
when you attack each other what aiming system do you use???:p ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

The bank aiming systems are of my own invention. For straight ins, I use Sailor Barge's 1/4,1/2,3/4 full ball, 1/4 and 1/2 ball into space, system. It is similar to Hal Houle's. Sailor was a master player with a high run of 360 on a 5 x 10.

Beard

Dick's system I heard was based on aiming at your back.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
The bank aiming systems are of my own invention. For straight ins, I use Sailor Barge's 1/4,1/2,3/4 full ball, 1/4 and 1/2 ball into space, system. It is similar to Hal Houle's. Sailor was a master player with a high run of 360 on a 5 x 10.

Beard

Dick's system I heard was based on aiming at your back.
beard although you have a thorn in your side just remember there are many myself included who have bought your books and dvds and learned alot from them.
dont let one apple spoil your barrel

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
fred bentivegna said:
Lenny, I am the guy who told Scott Frost 5 years ago that he was going to be the best 1pkt player in the world. He personally did not think so at the time. I cursed him out over that negative attitude, and reassured him that I knew what I was talking about. The incident happened in Vegas. Scott remembers it well. Ask him about it.
No I dont have the Sand Hound on my list. Wish I did, but keep in mind Lenny, that the list is only official if you and SanWhoMe?Dick played even.

Beard
If your at DCC ask Scott to play 10/4, he might actually try it and you might not like it either. Dick is officially on the list, it was an even tournament match with a small side bet, I did get 3/2 on the money, haha, I killed 2 birds with one stone. :p

P.S. In his day I am sure Dick could have given me 10/5 and I will still take the hit and the pick from him for a bottle or 2.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Whoa Nelly !!!!

Whoa Nelly !!!!

fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Could this be coming from the same guy who has been dodging my invites to play even...Its common knowledge Scott beat me at 10/4...So by your rationale...you should steal my money. And don't worry, the Ghost will not run me out of $$$$. In fact, if you'll play, he can keep the forfeit money we have up.

Oh, thats right, you're too mad at me, to play with me...:(

PS..We don't have to shake hands, or even talk...We could just have Billy I. hold a bunch of money and f-ing play...Honorable, gentleman gambler person that you are, I would want to exact one stipulation. If I win...you will not kill yourself...or me...:eek:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It's official

It's official

Fast Lenny said:
If your at DCC ask Scott to play 10/4, he might actually try it and you might not like it either. Dick is officially on the list, it was an even tournament match with a small side bet, I did get 3/2 on the money, haha, I killed 2 birds with one stone. :p

P.S. In his day I am sure Dick could have given me 10/5 and I will still take the hit and the pick from him for a bottle or 2.

Well, it's official then. You just need to add an asterick to show it was a tournament match.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I don't understand?

I don't understand?

SJDinPHX said:
Could this be coming from the same guy who has been dodging my invites to play even...Its common knowledge Scott beat me at 10/4...So by your rationale...you should steal my money. And don't worry, the Ghost will not run me out of $$$$. In fact, if you'll play, he can keep the forfeit money we have up.

Oh, thats right, you're too mad at me, to play with me...:(

PS..We don't have to shake hands, or even talk...We could just have Billy I. hold a bunch of money and f-ing play...Honorable, gentleman gambler person that you are, I would want to exact one stipulation. If I win...you will not kill yourself...or me...:eek:

I thought you were done talking to me??? I just had the cataracts removed from my rt eye yesterday. I see 20/20 out of both eyes now, so if I were you I would tone my wolfing rhetoric down, just in case I relapse into a pool player. Plus you are wrong again, I aint no honorable, gentleman gambler either. You play me, you reap the whirlwind.
You won't get past the Ghost anyway. If you can't pocket enough balls to win 10 to 4, the Ghost will move you into another county.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
fred bentivegna said:
...I just had the cataracts removed from my rt eye yesterday. I see 20/20 out of both eyes now, so if I were you I would tone my wolfing rhetoric down, just in case I relapse into a pool player.
So it's the EYES! I wondered why you've been getting so frisky. I thought it was the improved knees. I'm thinking we may see a new Bionic Beard at the DCC!:)

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I wonder if Billy will put Freddy in against Dick and also if Freddy will play Dick, if they do I will bet a bottle of YJ on the mick. :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
You won't get past the Ghost anyway. If you can't pocket enough balls to win 10 to 4, the Ghost will move you into another county.

Beard

Careful...I just ran 7 and out on the Baby yesterday...My high run for the decade...(didn't save me though)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
when you attack each other what aiming system do you use???
lll,

They don't need no stinkin' aiming systems, they just use one of these:) .

blunderbuss-2.jpg

I've discovered a pic taken in the Chicago area of one of them practicing up:p .

Freddy, practicing firing back..jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Putting it all together

Putting it all together

gulfportdoc said:
So it's the EYES! I wondered why you've been getting so frisky. I thought it was the improved knees. I'm thinking we may see a new Bionic Beard at the DCC!:)

Doc

Putting everything back together. All that remains is my belly, (70 lbs overweight) and my Johnson (70 lbs underfed).

Beard