UltraSkin Tips

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I guess I'm representing for the good old U.S.A. today...:heh...

For those of you layered tip users out there (I have Kamui S and SS on my cues)....a friend of mine, also a Kamui tip user, has tried these, fairly new, Ultraskin tips on his cues and says that they're great tips - every bit as good as a Kamui or Moori for 1/4th the price..:eek:....and the guy who developed them is a long-time good player-cuemaker-cue mechanic in Florida (a very nice guy also from what I hear) who decided to develop and produce a great layered American made tip and sell it at an extremely fair price...

Haven't tried one yet myself, but yesterday I ordered a couple to try, and I thought some of you guys might be interested in them as well...here's links to a few azbilliards threads wherein a bunch of guys are speaking very highly of these tips ------>

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=315887&highlight=UltraSkin

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=297493&highlight=Ultra+skin

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=302837&highlight=Ultraskin

- Ghost

PS, If you order the tips as an azbilliards member, you get them for a discounted price.

Yes we're wed, and send cash
Rod.
P.S. Unstaked ? cheap pool doesn't count.

Rod.

:sorry Mrs. Ghost :p but you're wrong yet again...all those match-ups with John stand up - they were not so cheap = $30-$80 a game...and also, believe it, we both always played hard, cuz all those sessions were always for bragging rights = much more important than a few more dollars...:cool:

- Ghroasty

PS, And you make sure to have dinner waiting for me as soon as I get home...:heh

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'm bumping this thread up in response to miller's question in Steve's old tip thread...and also for an update/tip review...

I've now switched over to these tips and have been using them exclusively for the past year+...conclusion being, they're great tips - the equal of Kamui's, at literally a fraction of the price.

- Ghost

PS, In the past 15 months since I put up this thread, I've turned a few guys at Red Shoes on to Ultraskin tips...among other players there, Piggybanks now uses Ultraskin's, and Bobby Hunter recently put a couple on his personal cue.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
They are excellent tips and the price is really reasonable. The owner Tom, is a really nice guy also! He's down here in FL. around Fort Pierce.

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
...conclusion being, they're great tips - the equal of Kamui's, at literally a fraction of the price.

I agree, Ghostie. Switched from Moori Medium to UltraSkin Medium a couple of months ago and am happy so far. Seems to give enough grab on the CB without sacrificing a pretty solid hit.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I'm bumping this thread up in response to miller's question in Steve's old tip thread...and also for an update/tip review...

I've now switched over to these tips and have been using them exclusively for the past year+...conclusion being, they're great tips - the equal of Kamui's, at literally a fraction of the price.

- Ghost

PS, In the past 15 months since I put up this thread, I've turned a few guys at Red Shoes on to Ultraskin tips...among other players there, Piggybanks now uses Ultraskin's, and Bobby Hunter recently put a couple on his personal cue.
Good call, Ghost. I've been using Ultraskin hard for a year or two after using Mooris and Kamuis for years before that and think the quality is at least equal. Tom's great to deal with and the price, especially with the AzB discount (which I get even while in exile) is crazy cheap in this overwrought designer layered tip market. I won't be using those big name big bucks layered tips again any time soon.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

- Ghost

One time a friend of mine said I was NOT a pain-in-the-ass nitpicker, and he got booed out of the room.

Anyway, I REALLY dislike promotional bullshit like "Customer Appreciation Sales" which have nothing to do with appreciation of customers. The flavor of the UltraSkin website's intro struck me the same way: Disingenuous.

Since everybody I've seen comment on Tom's personality, character, etc. has had positive things to say, I have to figure somebody gave him a bum steer, but that kind of thing has become so common it may be possible to make that mistake without thinking it through.

In closing, I'd like to express my deepest appreciation for the thousands of people who have said how intelligent, personable and handsome I am. :D

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

- Ghost

Bumpin' up this thread for Triple Smart.

here ya go triplesmart:
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6388

i have been on an eternal quest for a layered tip that feels like an old lepro and think that i have found it.

my man, tylerdurden (who has been on the site three consecutive days :p;)) once used lepros but when they went bunk, now swears by triangles....

imho, i think that if you had two shafts from the same cue, one with a good pressed lepro, and the other with a kamui brown hard (with about half of that thick sucker trimmed off), blindfolded, i don't think you could tell the difference.

:)

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I just using an UltraSkin soft pro. It's good as a $22 Predator tip or Moori.
Tom Hay is a good guy to deal with. And if you have any questions on cue repair he will chat with you.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I just using an UltraSkin soft pro. It's good as a $22 Predator tip or Moori.
Tom Hay is a good guy to deal with. And if you have any questions on cue repair he will chat with you.

Absolutely...I've now been using them for two years, and will keep using them.