Green Room semi?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Cliff vs. Robb. My question is, at 25:25, why would Cliff shoot straight into the stripe ball with draw allowing Robb to simply shoot into the 8 removing all of Cliff's balls?

I know I can be dense sometimes but I just don't understand that one. Maybe someone a lot smarter than me can explain that one to me:confused:

Oops, forgot a link. Not that I know how to do that

Cloidius

Verified Member
control

control

I think that Cliff likes his chances in an uptable moving game. By leaving Robb down there he is asserting his will, and forcing Robb to play the type of game that Cliff wants. If you decide you want to achieve something, like going uptable, what is more dominant than forcing your opponent to do it for you?

Notice, the whole game has gone uptown within six shots after that move. It is almost like Cliff got to shoot six shots in a row!

And my money is on Cliff to win from there...his side is clear to the pocket with a few balls to bank, while Robb's is nothing but congestion.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think that Cliff likes his chances in an uptable moving game. By leaving Robb down there he is asserting his will, and forcing Robb to play the type of game that Cliff wants. If you decide you want to achieve something, like going uptable, what is more dominant than forcing your opponent to do it for you?

Notice, the whole game has gone uptown within six shots after that move. It is almost like Cliff got to shoot six shots in a row!

And my money is on Cliff to win from there...his side is clear to the pocket with a few balls to bank, while Robb's is nothing but congestion.

I understand about an up table game if your ahead, but Robb's pocket was blocked and Cliff already had the superior position until he threw it away.