MIH one pocket results

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
First match is over, Alex 4 Josh 0. Petty quick, Josh got to 7 in the last game
and missed a difficult shot. Had another chance but also missed, Alex made a nice bank to finish the game and win the match.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Alex vs Shane 2-2
Some of the best one pocket today.
Amazing the heart and discipline these great warriors have.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Shane takes advantage of Alex's aggressive move and goes 8 and out.
Shane beats Alex 4 to 2.

Earlier Efren beat Busty.

Some great matches here and Dr Bill giving some good insights.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
First match is over, Alex 4 Josh 0. Petty quick, Josh got to 7 in the last game
and missed a difficult shot. Had another chance but also missed, Alex made a nice bank to finish the game and win the match.

Alex never should have had a chance that game. I did not expect Josh to win the set, but his end game with a big lead was awful the last game. He tried twice to cut a ball in when jacked up when he could have played the score and cinch the game.

I love watching him play but he tried to move with Alex when he had aggressive shots and did not play his game.

I hope he returns to what got him here the rest of the tournament.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Funny thing at the pool hall today. A few of the guys are saying Shane won't play Tony and Shane wants a ball from Tony:rolleyes:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Funny thing at the pool hall today. A few of the guys are saying Shane won't play Tony and Shane wants a ball from Tony:rolleyes:

A race to four is not like gambling. I would bet on Tony against anyone but Alex and Tony drilled Alex recently in one of the tournaments. These guys are all great and would probably take turns beating each other.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
A race to four is not like gambling. I would bet on Tony against anyone but Alex and Tony drilled Alex recently in one of the tournaments. These guys are all great and would probably take turns beating each other.

Well said John !
Many old settlers, sitting around the room saying Bobup can't give Slick the last two. In reality they can both give up the last two, to each other and win on different days.
Pool is like that, we all wish we knew why.

unoperro

Verified Member
Well said John !
Many old settlers, sitting around the room saying Bobup can't give Slick the last two. In reality they can both give up the last two, to each other and win on different days.
Pool is like that, we all wish we knew why.

How many times have we all played or watched a match where 1 player was behind the "proverbial 8 Ball"?

I watched live when John Schmidt beat CJ 10 ahead 10 ball in like 28 minutes. If the "rolls" were reversed could have went the other way just as easy. Things were going so good for John he got to hook CJ sticking whitey to the side pocket facing...intentionally! Never seen that shot come up before,or since.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Wow! Tonight Efren beat Alex in a hill hill match. Efren shot some shots that was efrenesque. But when you play like Efren some shots that dont pan out look incredibly nutty. Like "what was he thinking". Its just these guys are so far beyond the mundane that some of their shots Ill never understand.

Alex played brilliantly but Efren got "lucky" when it was most needed.

He wont be around much longer to shoot the long and difficult ones. Get this dvd of this match.
Efren and Shane are tied with a 3/1 record. They both lost to Josh Roberts who is playing lights out.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
For me the big upset so far has been Thorpe going 0-4. Maybe he's stalling to get action later.

Efren never ceases to amaze me, he's been on a grueling schedule lately playing 1p all over the country in back to back tournaments and he still brings it.

keoneyo

Verified Member
For me the big upset so far has been Thorpe going 0-4. Maybe he's stalling to get action later.

Efren never ceases to amaze me, he's been on a grueling schedule lately playing 1p all over the country in back to back tournaments and he still brings it.

Thorpe finally won his first match against Josh Roberts and he played lights out. There is no way he is slow playing it. Everyone from top to bottom wants to win. You win you get a $G. You lose you get nothing.

Thorpe has some flaws in his one pocket thinking. He is only 20. He still shoots some shots without thinking of the leave or consequences. His banking ability is out of this world and in time as his thinking goes into a more multidimensional format he will develop into a top player.

cuesmith

Verified Member
IMHO the "Make It Happen" events, especially the One Pocket events are by far the pinnacle of the streamed events! The 6 man invitational format insures that every match will be the quality of a tournament final match! I hope that all of us die-hard pool players will be sure to remember "Accu-Stats" and patronize them. They are not getting rich bringing pool to the shrinking demographics of the pool players, believe me. I just finished watching the "Make It Happen, One-Pocket" and I've got to say it was some of the best pool I've ever watched, and I've been sweating this shit a long time! Those of you who were unable to enjoy stream due to that nastiest of the "four letter words", _WORK_ (thoughts of Maynard G. Crebbs just popped into my head :eek: ) I highly recommend that you order some of the matches from the past MIH, one-pocket events to tide you over until Pat has the 2017 matches available on DVD. I learn new things from watching every tournament that Accu-Stats does but especially the "Make It Happen" events!
Sherm