Still getting better

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
A while back I posted a couple of threads describing a situation with my health.
After spinal surgery I was unable to walk, well thanks to therapy I am actually back to playing pool. Far from my best and my stroke feels "strange" but at least I can play. Stamina is another thing about an hour is my limit. All I want to say is I feel very fortunate to be were I'm at, could have been a whole lot worse. I also really appreciate the support I got from the forum.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
A while back I posted a couple of threads describing a situation with my health.
After spinal surgery I was unable to walk, well thanks to therapy I am actually back to playing pool. Far from my best and my stroke feels "strange" but at least I can play. Stamina is another thing about an hour is my limit. All I want to say is I feel very fortunate to be were I'm at, could have been a whole lot worse. I also really appreciate the support I got from the forum.

Sounds like you're doing pretty good.. Can you practice by yourself for an hour without stopping.. If so, that sounds terrific, to me...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Keep going. It only has taken me 15 years to get almost pain free until I play pool. Then a few days rest. Still playing about half as well as I ever played. A has been who never was.

powerball

Verified Member
Boo Hoo

Boo Hoo

bill is pain free unless he plays pool and then he needs a few days rest if he does play pool, to get rid of the pain he got as a result of playing pool. Thank God he's using Rest and not one of the more popular opioids to get rid of that pain.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
bill is pain free unless he plays pool and then he needs a few days rest if he does play pool, to get rid of the pain he got as a result of playing pool. Thank God he's using Rest and not one of the more popular opioids to get rid of that pain.

At one time the Drs had me on three opioids because as you take opioids your body becomes addicted to the drugs and then the body creates more pain. Thereby, needing more drugs. Because my injury was WC related, everything took months to get approved. Kaiser said they were unable to treat me because my symptoms were so severe. They recommended a Pain Management Dr in Los Gatos. Great guy and he fought for six months to get me in their program. Eight weeks, 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. I was the only one out of thirty five to make it through. I wanted it bad. Two years before the program, I was completely laid up. Unable to drive, play pool, or eat out. Now I do pretty much as I want knowing if I exceed my limits, I pay the price. Pool is worth it to me to pay the price. The green felt under my fingers, blue chalk on my hand, a stick in the other hand. That’s heaven.:cool::eek: