One Pocket HOF Banquet at the DCC!

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
OnePocket.org is pleased to announce that the first ever One Pocket Hall of Fame banquet will take place at the Executive West Hotel -- during the Derby City Classic -- on the evening of Tuesday, January 18th, 2005. The Executive West is of course the host hotel for the DCC. This is a wonderful opportunity for fans of One Pocket to sit down for dinner in the company of some of the most distinguished One Pocket legends of our time and celebrate their induction into the One Pocket Hall of Fame.

A special thanks goes out to Greg Sullivan and Diamond Billiards for making it possible for this event to take place at the Derby City Classic.

Inaugural One Pocket HOF inductee Grady Mathews has generously offered to act as Master of Ceremonies, as legends Ronnie Allen, Efren Reyes, Nick Varner, Danny Diliberto, Leonard ‘Bugs’ Rucker and Bill ‘Weenie Beenie’ Staton are honored for their outstanding contributions to the legacy of the game of One Pocket. Knowledgeable fans recognize these individuals not only for their terrific playing talent, but also for the way these players have pushed the envelope of the game itself.

Dinner includes the Executive West’s choice prime rib, along with salad and desert. A cash bar will be on the premises. Tickets will be available from OnePocket.org at the Derby City Classic for a modest $50 per person.

However, I am offering advanced reserved seating for those who would like to do a little more to support the One Pocket HOF -- anyone pledging an additional donation of $50 or more will receive two complimentary drinks along with their reserved seating. Seating is very limited, so I encourage you to go this extra step to guarantee your place at a table with these legends of the game! In keeping with the mission of OnePocket.org, every dollar raised by this event will go towards the One Pocket Hall of Fame.

Inductee Eddie Taylor is alive and well, but not expected to make it to Derby City this year, and instead arrangements are underway for a local event to honor Eddie in Shreveport, LA, more convenient to his home.

Also, there are three posthumous inductees: Jack ‘Jersey Red’ Breit, Billy ‘Cornbread Red’ Burge, and Larry ‘Boston Shorty’ Johnson – all of whom we hope to see honored locally as well. These ten players round out the first class of inductions into the One Pocket Hall of Fame.

Well-deserved congratulations go out to all of these outstanding players! Yet there are still so many other great players, promoters and teachers that absolutely belong in the One Pocket Hall of Fame; this first class is only the beginning. With your support, fans of the game can look forward to this becoming a very special annual event from here on out.

To make your advanced reservation, contact me at steve@onepocket.org through January 14th; or look for me at the DCC after my arrival the 15th. Please note that this event is independent from the Derby City Classic tournament, so their staff will not be equipped to deal with payments or detailed questions; those should be directed to me. I thank you for all your support, and am looking forward to a great time!

Steve Booth
OnePocket.org

Last edited:

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. This event is going to be first class. Randi is even going to pack my "fancy go to meetin' duds". Thanks for all your hard work, Steve.

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
I wish I could make it...its somewhere I really should be watching the greats finally get recognized. Wish you all the best and I'll be there in spirit!!

Big Steve <AKA> Voodoo Daddy :cool:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Updated information

Updated information

The One Pocket Hall of Fame page has been updated now :)
http://onepocket.org/fame.htm

And tickets for this dinner can now be purchased via PayPal on the OnePocket.org Marketplace page:
http://onepocket.org/marketplace.htm

Seating is limited to 40 people this first year, at four round tables that seat ten each. These One Pocket inductees going into the 1P HOF will be spread out between the tables, so whatever table you sit at, you will be with some very entertaining and honored company. It should be a very entertaining evening, folks, with a whole lot of great stories!!