GETTING THE ROLLS MOVERS vs SHOTTERS

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
androd said:
I firmly believe some people are luckier doing some things. I knew a guy that couldn't play anything well. If he got you in a dead even gamble you were toast ! ( IE flipping coins, racing cockroaches etc.)
We all maximise the wins and forget about the losses. I get so many good rolls playing one pocket;) that I never pay any attention to the others.
Rod.
PS, An unwritten rule of pool the guy that plays the best gets the best rolls.:p

I've basically been gamblin' for a living for 43 years and and I can tell you for sure some people are luckier than others.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
blackeee said:
I've basically been gamblin' for a living for 43 years and and I can tell you for sure some people are luckier than others.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Keith, my entire outlook on things is now changed:D .

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
Anything wiggles and you back off, right ? :)
Rod.

Had to go back a few days for this one, cuz I meant to respond to my buddy Rod, and I forgot to...:)...

Hmmm, let's see now...in the last 3 months, I've played about 12-15 times, and these are the guys that those sessions were with >>>

Ike Runnels-Pro/semi-pro level player of all games -- Sergio Perez-semi-pro level One Pocket player -- Tom Karabotsas-semi-pro level player of all games -- John Zaksas-semi-pro level player of all games -- Jeff Carter-Pro/semi-pro level player of all games -- Filipino Gil Hernandez-semi-pro level 9ball player-strong all around player...

I'm pretty sure I saw all of those guys wiggling - and it was probably because they were excited that the easy-action-Ghost was willing to play them...:eek:

- Ghosty

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Had to go back a few days for this one, cuz I meant to respond to my buddy Rod, and I forgot to...:)...

Hmmm, let's see now...in the last 3 months, I've played about 12-15 times, and these are the guys that those sessions were with >>>

Ike Runnels-Pro/semi-pro level player of all games -- Sergio Perez-semi-pro level One Pocket player -- Tom Karabotsas-semi-pro level player of all games -- John Zaksas-semi-pro level player of all games -- Jeff Carter-Pro/semi-pro level player of all games -- Filipino Gil Hernandez-semi-pro level 9ball player-strong all around player...

I'm pretty sure I saw all of those guys wiggling - and it was probably because they were excited that the easy-action-Ghost was willing to play them...:eek:

- Ghosty

That is a very impressive list, but if it is designed to put a little fear in me re: our upcoming match, here are a few players I have played AND WON AGAINST in the past three months........Raphael Martinez, Billy Palmer, Cole Dickson, Amar Kang and quite a few other good local players but not as well known as the above. I have booked quite a few losers in there too, but I am in action or playing in a tournament anytime I show up at the pool room.

I will fess up though, all of the above were in 9 ball or one pocket tournaments. I get a little weight from them for the cash.

This bragging aint bad and you can twist it around to look better than it really is. Not that the Ghost would do that, but I don't have to schmooze him, he is already on my dance card at the Derby. Hoping to add a few more though and will start the serious barking in a few weeks.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
That is a very impressive list, but if it is designed to put a little fear in me re: our upcoming match, here are a few players I have played AND WON AGAINST in the past three months........Raphael Martinez, Billy Palmer, Cole Dickson, Amar Kang and quite a few other good local players but not as well known as the above. I have booked quite a few losers in there too, but I am in action or playing in a tournament anytime I show up at the pool room.

I will fess up though, all of the above were in 9 ball or one pocket tournaments. I get a little weight from them for the cash.

This bragging aint bad and you can twist it around to look better than it really is. Not that the Ghost would do that, but I don't have to schmooze him, he is already on my dance card at the Derby. Hoping to add a few more though and will start the serious barking in a few weeks.

Nah, don't flatter yourself - wasn't thinking about you at all..:rolleyes:...

I was just firing back a little salvo at Grandpa Rod...:cool:

- Fantasma

Last edited: