Cincy_kid vs Jalapus Logan steam

jalapus logan

Verified Member
It was Michael's billiards. I'm sad you saw that, lol:lol. It was fun to get out and play again. Hope to do more in the future. I shot at every maskable shot, not the best strategy, but the most fun ha ha :lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It was Michael's billiards. I'm sad you saw that, lol:lol. It was fun to get out and play again. Hope to do more in the future. I shot at every maskable shot, not the best strategy, but the most fun ha ha :lol

Hey Neil, it was very nice to meet you and your wife, you are good people! A gentleman and a scholar (and a good pool player too). Hope you come around the forums more often and participate in some more WWYD's!

As far as our playing, yea, was not that impressive ;)

You run the balls good though when you get a shot and I made a feew good banks.

Like yous aid, all in all good fun and hope to do it again ~ See you at the derby!

I will get some of those WYYD shots posted later or tomorrow.

jalapus logan

Verified Member
Thanks for the match Chris. We'll do more of that in the future for sure. Chris is a good guy and I really like his game. He's got more onepocket knowledge, but I was able to shoot my way out of a jam or two thankfully. This was my first attempt playing out in a good long while, so I really had no idea what to expect. Different town, unfamaliar opponent & equipment, etc. The diamond table was specifically set up for onehole, with really tight pockets, which kinda got to my head for the middle part of our match when I started rattling balls after a couple of hours of play. Really tought me to continue to bear down, and I was able to regain my potting toward the end of the set.

Also really made me want to participate more on this forum and read some onepocket material. May even try a tourney or two if I can remedy my job situation in the coming months.

Anyway, really nice meeting you Chris and I look forward to your company and your competition in the future.

Best,

Neil

John Brumback

Verified Member
Thanks for the match Chris. We'll do more of that in the future for sure. Chris is a good guy and I really like his game. He's got more onepocket knowledge, but I was able to shoot my way out of a jam or two thankfully. This was my first attempt playing out in a good long while, so I really had no idea what to expect. Different town, unfamaliar opponent & equipment, etc. The diamond table was specifically set up for onehole, with really tight pockets, which kinda got to my head for the middle part of our match when I started rattling balls after a couple of hours of play. Really tought me to continue to bear down, and I was able to regain my potting toward the end of the set.

Also really made me want to participate more on this forum and read some onepocket material. May even try a tourney or two if I can remedy my job situation in the coming months.

Anyway, really nice meeting you Chris and I look forward to your company and your competition in the future.

Best,

Neil

Hey...I might know a place where ya'll can meet in the middle the next time. The table time is pretty cheap too:D JB

jalapus logan

Verified Member
Hey...I might know a place where ya'll can meet in the middle the next time. The table time is pretty cheap too:D JB

Well, JB, that would be awesome! You know I'll bring some of my home brew and I still need to buy your dvd anyway! Hope your gearing up for another championship run at the dcc!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Nice offer John, thanks buddy! :)

I am down for it, just need some advance notice and I am there. See you both at the DCC if not before then.

(And yea, I am ready to see you knock the banks off again at the DCC, great showing earlier this year!)

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Playing Bank at John's house on his table is a frustrating experience...If you think he doesn't miss at Derby...Oh well just take enough home brew to get you through it...

I will however say this...until you stand and watch him hit straight backs, with the speed that he hits them, you would never believe they would go...It is worth the trip just to see that...then you like me can try to duplicate the hit he has...good luck with that...

Also don't try and question the method...or as John has said to me...God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason BILL...EEE

B

John Brumback

Verified Member
Playing Bank at John's house on his table is a frustrating experience...If you think he doesn't miss at Derby...Oh well just take enough home brew to get you through it...

I will however say this...until you stand and watch him hit straight backs, with the speed that he hits them, you would never believe they would go...It is worth the trip just to see that...then you like me can try to duplicate the hit he has...good luck with that...

Also don't try and question the method...or as John has said to me...God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason BILL...EEE

B

LMAO:lol JB

jalapus logan

Verified Member

B

Howdy wgcp. Oh yeah, I've already seen that show...amazing! And yes, you are correct that its very very difficult to duplicate the hit, no doubt. Those straight backs he shoots with uncanny reliability really is something to behold!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
When I first saw JB play probably 23 years or so ago when I used to hang out every day at Beechmont Billiards, I remember how amazed I was that he could fire those straight backs in so hard yet so accurate!

I remember watching him play Gary one day and although I can't remember who won that session, they both played such jam up bank pool that it was a treat to watch. Heck, back then if anyone was willing to play even banks with Gary they damn sure had to play pretty sporty...and that is exactly how JB played....

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
When I first saw JB play probably 23 years or so ago when I used to hang out every day at Beechmont Billiards, I remember how amazed I was that he could fire those straight backs in so hard yet so accurate!

I remember watching him play Gary one day and although I can't remember who won that session, they both played such jam up bank pool that it was a treat to watch. Heck, back then if anyone was willing to play even banks with Gary they damn sure had to play pretty sporty...and that is exactly how JB played....

If you think he can square up on a ball :p. You should see his bar table 9 ball break.