Kinda Wet Table

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I'm in Munich now, went to the pool room last night(been there many times), A friend asked me to play banks. Ok sure sounds good, pockets are 4.5"-4 7/8" range-which is nice for banks IMO. Shelf is about like a Gold Crown.

Not many bank players in Europe, my friend improved since we last played, so not all hope is lost in Europe for bank pool.

to my point, as a rule I perfer dry tables to play on in general. Last night was the exception. the conditions were just right for banks, the ball would bite the cloth so pinching them were hangers, straight backs were hangers. they would spread real nice too. Kinda hard to explane, I can say this with out a doubt the best conditions for banks as I ever seen. A real solid bank player would be stringing 5&out's all night on that box.

I sure would have liked to see a great bak player on that box that night, it wasnt to wet or too dry. Just perfect, almost made it "Easy" well sorta.

the windup is I lost, I banked in lots more balls but scratched more times than carter has liver pills, it was like giving up 8/5, I scratched 5 times one game. However I made lots of balls. didnt run 5&out, kinda surprised, was close once. only played a hour. going back for more, wo that was fun.

my story from Germany,

Fatboy World Tour 2013 continues

best
eric

ALL BS aside I'd need 12/3 from JB on that table. And I still might not like it.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm in Munich now, went to the pool room last night(been there many times), A friend asked me to play banks. Ok sure sounds good, pockets are 4.5"-4 7/8" range-which is nice for banks IMO. Shelf is about like a Gold Crown.

Not many bank players in Europe, my friend improved since we last played, so not all hope is lost in Europe for bank pool.

to my point, as a rule I perfer dry tables to play on in general. Last night was the exception. the conditions were just right for banks, the ball would bite the cloth so pinching them were hangers, straight backs were hangers. they would spread real nice too. Kinda hard to explane, I can say this with out a doubt the best conditions for banks as I ever seen. A real solid bank player would be stringing 5&out's all night on that box.

I sure would have liked to see a great bak player on that box that night, it wasnt to wet or too dry. Just perfect, almost made it "Easy" well sorta.

the windup is I lost, I banked in lots more balls but scratched more times than carter has liver pills, it was like giving up 8/5, I scratched 5 times one game. However I made lots of balls. didnt run 5&out, kinda surprised, was close once. only played a hour. going back for more, wo that was fun.

my story from Germany,

Fatboy World Tour 2013 continues

best
eric

ALL BS aside I'd need 12/3 from JB on that table. And I still might not like it.

Good story buddy!! If I was that guy you were playin,I would have told you to get you some flea powder.Might help with all that scratchin:lol 12 to 3:eek::lol Keep us posted on them banks over there. JB

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Good story buddy!! If I was that guy you were playin,I would have told you to get you some flea powder.Might help with all that scratchin:lol 12 to 3:eek::lol Keep us posted on them banks over there. JB
Not a bad suggestion. I would either get that "flea powder" or a "bigger cue ball"

Dr. Bill

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
its just awful, i really do lose the CB way to often playin banks. I just need to be more mindful. Last night I posted about I got some cold rolls, wow it was bad, but what a fun table to play on. the champions would run out llike water on it. I'll keep ya posted, i was thinking of all the bank players when i was playing, now i need to think like a bank player.:)

see you guys soon in tunica, think i'm going this year-with flea powder, Off! and what ever else it takes to keep the bugs away, damn things:frus

best
eric:)