Tom-Tom Photo

JAM

Verified Member
Hey, Tom, I'm going through my old photos and came up with this one of you.

From left to right, Radar, Tom-Tom, the late Jimmy Mack, and Richard Allen (owner of the then-Champions in Silver Spring, Maryland).

This was at the players meeting. You're holding the rules I typed up, which I found out later did *not* cover everything. We had three sections of the tournament: 9-Ball, 8-Ball -- and I can't remember the third. Was it one-pocket? I'll have to go downstairs and look at my poster to remember. My memory is awful lately. I need to defrag my brain. LOL

Do you remember that scrunched-up face Radar used to make when he was down on a shot?

Attachments

• Radar, Tom-Tom, Jimmy Mack, Richard Allen at 86 MD State Tournament.jpg
    Radar, Tom-Tom, Jimmy Mack, Richard Allen at 86 MD State Tournament.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
I'm scanning old photos when time allows. Do you remember my weekly poker games? :D

Here's one side Tonk game that took place on my pool table while the others were playing poker on the main table, not seen in this photo. From left to right, that's Rudd, Colin, the late Cab Driver Pete, and I can't recognize this other guy. It looks like Mike Sigel, but it's not him. :p

Attachments

• Poker game.jpg
    Poker game.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Wow, memories come flooding back.

That last guy is "Fast Eddie" Wolfman. He drove us all nuts because he couldn't make a decision without going through what looked like two minutes of mental self torture. I haven't heard anything about Eddie in a long time. I hope he's okay.

The tournament had a straight pool event. Segal played in it and lost a 75 point game to Ted Wilson, a decent short stop. The tournament was slated as the "Md. State Closed Championships". Segal had moved into MD. only a few months previous to the event and many local players were upset that he was allowed to play being a temporary resident. I haven't any recollections as to who won what.

Jennie, do you have any pictures of the fronts of some of the local MD. and VA. pool rooms from the '60s and '70s?

Tom

JAM

Verified Member

That last guy is "Fast Eddie" Wolfman. He drove us all nuts because he couldn't make a decision without going through what looked like two minutes of mental self torture. I haven't heard anything about Eddie in a long time. I hope he's okay.

The tournament had a straight pool event. Segal played in it and lost a 75 point game to Ted Wilson, a decent short stop. The tournament was slated as the "Md. State Closed Championships". Segal had moved into MD. only a few months previous to the event and many local players were upset that he was allowed to play being a temporary resident. I haven't any recollections as to who won what.

Jennie, do you have any pictures of the fronts of some of the local MD. and VA. pool rooms from the '60s and '70s?

Tom

Gosh, I sure don't, but that would be a cool thing to research. I'm on it! :)

I ran that tournament, Tom, and I can't even remember it was straight pool. :eek:

And what's worse, Fast Eddie and I are very good friends, and I didn't even recognize him there. Now I do since you mentioned it. He's living in Frederick, MD, last I heard, and he's eating very healthy, doesn't smoke cigarettes. He always treated me on the square. I like Fast Eddie. Last time I saw him was at a weekly tournament at Orange Ball in Rockville.

Mike Sigel won, Cigar Tom came in second, and Teddy Bear Wilson came in third.

Here's my where my pool genesis began. :eek:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC

The tournament had a straight pool event. Segal played in it and lost a 75 point game to Ted Wilson, a decent short stop

Ted Wilson had the VERY, VERY bent arm on his bridge hand?

Think that's him anyways, haven't seen or heard from him in ages

JAM

Verified Member
Yes Bill, Now that you mention it he did bend the arm at the elbow. Nice guy, very quiet and respectful towards everyone.

Tom

Last time I saw him was at the horse track in Laurel. He tried to bite me for 20. Needless to say, I am un-bitable at the horse tracks. I go in with a set amount, and if I lose, you can stick a fork in me. :lol

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Last time I saw him was at the horse track in Laurel. He tried to bite me for 20. Needless to say, I am un-bitable at the horse tracks. I go in with a set amount, and if I lose, you can stick a fork in me. :lol

Jennie, It sounds like Ted was trying to bend YOUR arm that time. :D

I can just see the look on your face as he tries to bite you for that double sawbuck. :confused::eek::sorry

Tom

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Keith's old buddy Tony Banks, always seemed to be standing behind me every time I cashed a ticket.

He played ok but bit better.