Pictures and

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I posted some pictures on my wall at face book that everyone would probably enjoy. I also thought of a great and I do mean great nominee for the Action category next year.How about Morro Paez?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Grady said:
I posted some pictures on my wall at face book that everyone would probably enjoy. I also thought of a great and I do mean great nominee for the Action category next year.How about Morro Paez?
Those photos are great, Grady! I remember seeing many of these at one of your exhibitions a few years back, but you've added some too.

Anyone on Facebook can just search for "Grady Mathews" and you will find him. I think you might need to "friend him" in order to see the pics... You should take a look though -- something like 75 photos of different pool personalities going back almost a hundred years.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
steve is it possible to get it to a slide show where you dont have to sign up for facebook???

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What a treasure trove of pics, Grady! You know, I used to think I was pretty far-out looking in the 60's, having been in the jazz/rock biz. That is, until I saw that picture of Cardone sitting with you.:eek: Maybe he'd previously been a guitar player?

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
steve is it possible to get it to a slide show where you dont have to sign up for facebook???

I actually was going to download all the photos and make a slideshow.. they're great photos.

Grady, would that be ok, if I snagged them and made a nice slideshow out of them? Maybe put them on Youtube or something, so as big as audience as possible can view them? Please let me know ASAP.

anyways... you can view them without actually "being his friend", but you do have to have a facebook account.

If you do have a facebook account, you can view them here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43096&id=1242003505

If Grady say's it's ok, I'll put them together so everyone can see them, even if no facebook account.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Grady said:
It's fine with me, Cali. I would have posted them here anyway if I had known how.

These are great pictures Grady... Do you have the original pictures and are you the one that scanned them?

I would love to get my hands on the original physical pictures, so I could scan them in high resolution. Having small pictures are great to just have a quick look, but one should always have a high resolution version, so they can print in large sizes if they wish, or for us people that love to blow up the picture so we can go over details that are hard to see in the small ones.

If you have these pictures in a physical form, I would be grateful if I could scan them in high resolution on a nice scanner and I could burn them to a DVD for you. If I was able to scan them, you could view them on your TV and they would look great.

Let me know.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Work

Work

Would it be wromg for you to include plugs for my pool room and work? It's Grady's Billiards in Lexington,SC, open 1pm to 2am or later 7 days a week, phone 803-957-7665. I usually work Mon. thru Fri. 1 to 5pm. I also still do lessons, clinics and exhibitions, gambling matches and counciling.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
In answer

In answer

When Randi passed I couldn't keep our house. Some of my pictures are in original form but it will take me a while to find them since I packed and moved everything.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Grady said:
When Randi passed I couldn't keep our house. Some of my pictures are in original form but it will take me a while to find them since I packed and moved everything.

Ok... Well I would love to get all of your pictures, in order to scan them in high resolution and put them on a DVD for you. This would allow you to always have a pristine electronic copy of them in a high resolution format in case you ever wanted to make a print of them or wanted to view them in great detail.

Once they've been burnt to a DVD and cataloged and organized, then you can keep copies of the DVD in several locations or give to other people.. then you will always know they can never get lost or damaged. There will always be another person that can make a new copy of everything from their copy.

The physical picture is so important, up until it has been scanned with a good scanner in high resolution. They once you have a nice uncompressed electronic image, you burn those to a DVD to preserve forever.

From those uncompressed images, you can then do whatever you want with them, make slideshow dvds, email to people, post on the web, use for advertising or whatever. But you ALWAYS have a virgin copy of it.

The problem these days, are most of the pictures you see floating around were scanned in such a small format, they can never be enlarged again.

If you are interested, I would do this for you, as I am very interested in keeping pictures of our past champions and characters and friends and pool halls, forever preserved. I would really like to do something with my website that I got a while back. I guess it would be pretty cool to put all pool photos on one site. Pictures are scattered all over the web .. .a picture here , a picture there..

It would be very cool, if they were all in one place, cataloged, captioned, with keywords that are searchable.

Please HELP me realize this... ALL OF YOU!!!

Greg

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
oh and for those of you without facebook logins... I will have something up here in the next day or 2, so everyone can view them.

I'm currently downloading them and captioning them by embedding the caption inside the picture.. the reason for this, is it is easy to extract and display that info later on and it always travels with the file.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Ok

Ok

I'll try but you have to understand that there is a dearth of quality photos from some eras and action joints: Cochran's, LeCue, the Tropicana Bowl, Daisy Mae's, The RAck and on and on. I mean, guys like me we didn't take pictures.
I might have another 50 or 100 pictures but that would be about it and they're not all in great condition. I'll do the best I can.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Grady said:
Would it be wromg for you to include plugs for my pool room and work? It's Grady's Billiards in Lexington,SC, open 1pm to 2am or later 7 days a week, phone 803-957-7665. I usually work Mon. thru Fri. 1 to 5pm. I also still do lessons, clinics and exhibitions, gambling matches and counciling.

Grady, so glad to see you posting again! You were missed here the last month or so. Warm & best wishes to you always!

Cali, so cool of you to help Grady out with that hi-tech stuff that you'll be doing! Thank you! I couldn't even understand what you were writing that you'll do, but I know it's nice of you, so, again, thank you for helping Grady!
Don't forget to put some nice plugs in for the Professor! It'll be exciting to see what you come up with Cali!