Dennis Challenges Artie For $10,000!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This formidable challenge posted this afternoon by Cowboy Dennis to Artie deserved it's own thread - SJD is not the only one that wants a piece of Artie.....I hope they get it on - I'd go to Detroit to see this one....Here's what Dennis said >>>

Cowboy Dennis said:
By the way Artie, SJD ain't the only one on this site who gambles. If you ever want to take a nice vacation to Michigan this winter, we can play some for $10,000 also. And I won't need any backers nor would I allow them. I back up everything I write or say with my own cash. I'll show you how I gamble for big money.

By the way Artie, when you advertise $500 per hour lessons on a public forum, it's not knocking when people comment on it.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
This formidable challenge posted this afternoon by Cowboy Dennis to Artie deserved it's own thread - SJD is not the only one that wants a piece of Artie.....I hope they get it on - I'd go to Detroit to see this one....Here's what Dennis said >>>
Ghostie how does Dennis play compaierd to Freddy? I need a fair line on howe he plays and if we can make a fair game I will fly to Detroite and I will pick were we will play. And not in the winter time the cold is very bad for me. And I am looking to play know. And I guess we can put up with ghostie if we come to a agreement. I know Ghostie is not betting on me. So that only leaves Dennies. BUt I always liked everyone on the other side. But we have to agree on a fair game. And then we will play wright away. I dont want to waite for New Years.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Ghostie how does Dennis play compaierd to Freddy? I need a fair line on howe he plays and if we can make a fair game I will fly to Detroite and I will pick were we will play. And not in the winter time the cold is very bad for me. And I am looking to play know. And I guess we can put up with ghostie if we come to a agreement. I know Ghostie is not betting on me. So that only leaves Dennies. BUt I always liked everyone on the other side. But we have to agree on a fair game. And then we will play wright away. I dont want to waite for New Years.

Artie.......I don't know Dennis except from here on the site...I have no clue what his speed is.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Artie.......I don't know Dennis except from here on the site...I have no clue what his speed is.
Ok thats fair enough I will get a line and then we can negotiate and make a even game. And if you come to Detroite To watch us play. I will give you a front row seat free. But you cant take nots and then sell them or use them against me. Ghostie is going to Detroite to watch us play. Who said one pocket is not alive?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
artie you know everything. dennis thinks he knows enough to win. you should play even . maybe fast lenny can livestream it and pat can put it to dvd and billy , freddy and grady( it would be good for him to do somethimng while hes greiving )can do the commentating . i know i would buy that dvd.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
I will get a line...

I will get a line...

Doesn't anyone do it the old fashioned way any more ... step into the poolroom and holler, "Anybody got any money in this rat hole?"

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Match Up

Match Up

Artie, since you're the greatest in the world. the triple smartest of all time. Know more than anyone. When you're talking about matching up I assume you're going to spot Dennis. You wouldn't be ballsy enough to ask for weight, after all your pompous bragging.
Rod.
PS; Asking for pool detectives (knockers). PLEASE

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
Im waiting for Freddy to chime in before I make my choice of sides...:D

Voodoo~~~he may not be right all the time but Im willing to follow him into this fire

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dennis was kind enough to be in "Tyranasouras Arizonus" corner during my recent confrontation with "the Grand Poobah of One Pocket".

I shall reciprocate, and should this match ever take place, I would like to wager several K's, on Dennis, (with any of Arties "fan club" members, or Artie himself) and I don't have a clue how Dennis plays either. ( I would hope better than he plays on the WEI table)

I must say, I don't understand AB's eagerness to play a "drunk", well past his prime, who also asks for "no weight" but prefers "races" to "ahead" games' yet he seems to fear a guy in his fifties, who not a known player, but is willing to gamble substantial $$$$.

I would like to share with you all, what I just woke up to a few minutes ago.
We have a housefull of people here, and I was "in my cups" as wifey calls it. I was in my ManCave preparing a response to AB's "500 dolleare a huor lesson offer". I think it was well in advance of Dennis' challenge, but I'm not sure.
Thank God I did not hit the "submit button".....here is what I woke up to, on my computer screen, after a "nap" of undetermined length;
(I had apparently not yet hit 'spellcheck')

All right Artie, I don't dislike you as a person, but I have had it with your bullshite
I am willing to play, eithether 5 or 7 ahead, (NOT SIX) or a race to 15-20 (must win by 2) fr 10K. as soon as I get back from Galveston.
If you agree to ANYTHING remotely resembling those terms...lets post a few K's with Steve Booth, and we Havve our match in the can.
If you donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Obviously I was re-reading Artie's last post (trying to make some f-ing sense of it)...and I nodded off with my finger on the "n" key.
I abreviated the number of "n"s as it woululd be embarassing to admit how many there actually were. (lets just say a LOT more)

In any event, not to cut in on your action RBL, but I hope Artie gets the gist of my message. I'm sure he will, because it makes more sense than 95% of his posts do.

San <---rarely nods off, but one of AB's posts finally got me...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Aint got a clue

Aint got a clue

Voodoo Daddy said:
Im waiting for Freddy to chime in before I make my choice of sides...:D

Voodoo~~~he may not be right all the time but Im willing to follow him into this fire

I dont have any input on Dennis' speed. I have some idea of Artie's, but I have grown accustomed to not betting against Artie no matter what the circumstances. It's a Chicago homeboy thing.

the Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
I dont have any input on Dennis' speed. I have some idea of Artie's, but I have grown accustomed to not betting against Artie no matter what the circumstances. It's a Chicago homeboy thing.

the Beard

Thats too bad Fred, because, apparently Artie seems to have grown accustomed
to NOT betting on himself, no matter what the circimstances. (makes it awkward)
Guess it must be a Chicago homeboy thing.

(Steve, is the reply function/margin control problem unfixable ?)

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Thats too bad Fred, because, apparently Artie seems to have grown accustomed
to NOT betting on himself, no matter what the circimstances. (makes it awkward)
Guess it must be a Chicago homeboy thing.

(Steve, is the reply function/margin control problem unfixable ?)

Dick, I think if you went back into your post and edited out that long string of "n"s it would reset the margins back to default. But, you may not want to. The visual effect and the image of you asleep with your finger on the "n" key is hilarious. :D

Skin

The alternative would be to shorten the string of "n"s to maybe 75 per line. That probably would do it, too.