new member saying hello

TomRoden

Verified Member
I've played one pocket for over 40 years. A friend of mine says " It's the only game that matters." And he's right. Anyone can put a ball in a hole. Or follow rotation. Me? I need more. The best shots I've ever pulled off and the best shots ever played against me have been during a game of one pocket.
I've been shooting for the last 25 years at Q-Masters in Virginia Beach, Va. (And five points) Dave Bollman was the house pro, until he passed a few months ago. He had a pro shop and made/repaired cues.His work was impeccable. The competition at Q is ferocious. I've played up and down the east coast and gulf coast but have never seen as much talent in one pool room. After all, its the host of the US 9 Ball open. So naturally, it draws good players.The tables are perfect, the foods good, it's huge and there's action.
The last couple of years I've had an opportunity to really work on my game. I have a 9 foot Brunswick with tight pockets and lots of time to practice. And study. Isn't that what its all about ? Learning everything you can about the white rock ?? For me, the entire game is about controlling the white ball. Its the alpha and omega.
I've enjoyed reading the posts and hopefully someday, if I have something earth shattering to share I'll be sure to pipe up. Until then, may everyone have the best rolls. Sincerely, Tom " Tommylucky" Roden

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've played one pocket for over 40 years. A friend of mine says " It's the only game that matters." And he's right. Anyone can put a ball in a hole. Or follow rotation. Me? I need more. The best shots I've ever pulled off and the best shots ever played against me have been during a game of one pocket.
I've been shooting for the last 25 years at Q-Masters in Virginia Beach, Va. (And five points) Dave Bollman was the house pro, until he passed a few months ago. He had a pro shop and made/repaired cues.His work was impeccable. The competition at Q is ferocious. I've played up and down the east coast and gulf coast but have never seen as much talent in one pool room. After all, its the host of the US 9 Ball open. So naturally, it draws good players.The tables are perfect, the foods good, it's huge and there's action.
The last couple of years I've had an opportunity to really work on my game. I have a 9 foot Brunswick with tight pockets and lots of time to practice. And study. Isn't that what its all about ? Learning everything you can about the white rock ?? For me, the entire game is about controlling the white ball. Its the alpha and omega.
I've enjoyed reading the posts and hopefully someday, if I have something earth shattering to share I'll be sure to pipe up. Until then, may everyone have the best rolls. Sincerely, Tom " Tommylucky" Roden

Welcome to OnePocket.org!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
tom welcome to onepocket.org....:)
just so you know you posted in the bank pool section
there is a onepocket forum where 1p is mainly discussed
and a members forum where anything goes....:eek:
please feel comfortable to participate in the what would you do threads (wwyd)
and anytime you want to comment
welcome aboard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
tom welcome to onepocket.org....:)
just so you know you posted in the bank pool section
there is a onepocket forum where 1p is mainly discussed
and a members forum where anything goes....:eek:
please feel comfortable to participate in the what would you do threads (wwyd)
and anytime you want to comment
welcome aboard
i see you had a join date in 2008
hope its not 6 more years for your next post......:heh