another one .what to do??

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Remember, the score is 4 to 3 me.
Softly off the 13 ball would leave me a good kick at the 10. If I made it the score is now 5 to 3 and I would still be able to cross the 15 and go up the table.
Option 2: Or I would now have a much better angle to go across the face of the 4 ball and roll the cue ball 1 rail over to the long rail and then down to the bottom rail.

Beard
Everything I suggest, Mickey the Mope can execute.
Oh, by the way, if you're playing a champion I wouldn't advise you to shoot your shot. He then would kick the 10 ball toward his pocket and reposition the cue ball where you may not like it. As you can plainly see that a good kick for you, may also be a good kick for my pocket. The key to the kick for me would be to make sure I hit the rail under the 10 ball before contact, which Mickey could do.;)

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Whats your answer?

Whats your answer?

Now that we're analyzing shot choices, can anyone tell us what they would do for the answer to Vapro's intentional scratch? And also Timdog's choice, shooting the 10 ball and spinning 2 cushions up table, resting near or on the head rail.

Since we are now playing with the telestraighter, you should know the position i'm referring to.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
indecision is a good thing for someone

indecision is a good thing for someone

I gave you answers imo to some of the shots that were options, i'm waiting to hear some answers on Vapro's intentional, and Timdogs shot. We have a lot of knowledgeable players here, so if no one can give me good answers to their choices I guess they are good options.:cool:

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Mickey?

Mickey?

wincardona said:
Oh, by the way, if you're playing a champion I wouldn't advise you to shoot your shot. He then would kick the 10 ball toward his pocket and reposition the cue ball where you may not like it. As you can plainly see that a good kick for you, may also be a good kick for my pocket. The key to the kick for me would be to make sure I hit the rail under the 10 ball before contact, which Micky could do.;)

Billy I.

I give up, that is very funny. You are a funny guy. Funny, funny, funny.

Mickey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
Don't move anything. Take a scratch and go to the head rail and then up to the second diamond on the long rail. He isn't likely to try the cut shot on the 15, as there would be no way to play shape. The cueball might go right back to where you left it.

Even better, if you can pull it off - kick off the head rail and get in behind the 1 and 5. It's not as touchy as it looks. A gentle hit on either ball would not be serious.

Don't call us - we'll call you. :eek:
heres vapros shot . my responce would be based on how the q ended up and how tied up with the 1,5 i am if i can thin a ball and get back to where the q was originally i might do that
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4kOYH1kCrh3kbUs3kYiP@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4kOYH1kCrh3kbUs3kYiP@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
timdog24 i tried to give equal time and post your shot but somehow i cant get it to show . an empty table comes up when i preview the post:confused: :mad:
sorry

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
heres vapros shot . my responce would be based on how the q ended up and how tied up with the 1,5 i am if i can thin a ball and get back to where the q was originally i might do that
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4kOYH1kCrh3kbUs3kYiP@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4kOYH1kCrh3kbUs3kYiP@[/CUETABLE]
Larry the shot that I was referring to was Vapros intentional scratch, not the one you answered on. Position the cue ball on the second diamond on the long rail on the head end of the table, and then go from there.

Thanks, Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
Larry the shot that I was referring to was Vapros intentional scratch, not the one you answered on. Position the cue ball on the second diamond on the long rail on the head end of the table, and then go from there.

Thanks, Billy I.

Billy,

I allready addressed my response to Vapros intentional scratch in post #7, and then clarified it in post #24...What more can I say ??? ;) ;) ;)

PS..Trying to deal with an "edit" to show what I mean, has become a little more WEI than I can deal with....:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
timdog24 said:
I think I'd leave those four balls that are all pointing towards my hole alone. They go for me and not for my opponent. Can you cut the 10 towards your pocket and send the cue ball two rails down table. Your opponent would have a tough shot with no reward on the 15, where he gets one or sells out the game. Or he'd have to deal with the 10 near my hole and hopefully leave me some return bank, better move, etc..
Here you go Larry.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4eLHW4eQvj4eVDT4kOYH4kJkI3kJdi3kbJB1kbXx1kMnX@[/CUETABLE]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
don't overlook the intentional scratch

don't overlook the intentional scratch

SJDinPHX said:
Billy,

I allready addressed my response to Vapros intentional scratch in post #7, and then clarified it in post #24...What more can I say ??? ;) ;) ;)

PS..Trying to deal with an "edit" to show what I mean, has become a little more WEI than I can deal with....:eek:

Dick, thanks for replying to my request. I positioned the cue ball on the second dia. and shot your shot, yes it is possible to execute your shot from the position debated, but it's not easy. But i'll give you that one, and agree that it is not the toughest spot to be in. Lets now move the cue ball further up the rail between the second and third diamond, making the cut on the 15 ball not an option. What would you do from there?

My point is that the intentional scratch is a good option from the position discussed. Now we have to figure out where we need to position the cue ball by taking an intentional, for it to be a good option.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Dick, thanks for replying to my request. I positioned the cue ball on the second dia. and shot your shot, yes it is possible to execute your shot from the position debated, but it's not easy. But i'll give you that one, and agree that it is not the toughest spot to be in. Lets now move the cue ball further up the rail between the second and third diamond, making the cut on the 15 ball not an option. What would you do from there?

My point is that the intentional scratch is a good option from the position discussed. Now we have to figure out where we need to position the cue ball by taking an intentional, for it to be a good option.

Billy I.
Why in the world would anybody take an intentional foul in this spot? You can put the cueball anywhere on the table by picking it up & placing it where you want and you still aren't going to win on your next shot, so why do it? You aren't even in trouble and there are 8 balls on the table. How is making the score 3-3 going to help, and now you're on one foul?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
controlling both balls.

controlling both balls.

Cowboy Dennis said:
Here you go Larry.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4eLHW4eQvj4eVDT4kOYH4kJkI3kJdi3kbJB1kbXx1kMnX@[/CUETABLE]
I mentioned that it was crucial to hit this shot with the right speed. It is also important to reposition the 10 ball near or on the side rail at the ending position. By positioning the 10 ball near or frozen to the side rail, limits the options for your opponent. And if you can reposition the cue ball near or frozen to the head rail, he's really got his work cut out for himself.:eek:

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

Billy I.

I'd do something else...:p But, no fair moving the cue ball...I can only respond to one shot at a time..:rolleyes:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Why in the world would anybody take an intentional foul in this spot? You can put the cueball anywhere on the table by picking it up & placing it where you want and you still aren't going to win on your next shot, so why do it? You aren't even in trouble and there are 8 balls on the table. How is making the score 3-3 going to help, and now you're on one foul?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Sorry Dennis, I disagree. You don't have to be in trouble in order to take an intentional, you can take an intentional to put your opponent in trouble. No you're not guaranteed to win on your next shot if you take an intentional, but you just might, especially when the balls are positioned like they are.

There are times when you cannot get the cue ball to an exact spot legally, so if you think that you may win the game if you position the cue ball in that exact spot, why not take an intentional? I have paid a price many times for an opportunity to succeed, and many times I have succeeded, and many times I haven't. Everything has a price, and it's up to us to put a value on the opportunities that we choose to pursue.

I have won many times when the intentional was not necessary, but the better option.;)

Billy I.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:

Billy I.
why wouldnt you want the q up behind (or close) to the one as diagrammed:confused:
from where i sit the one doesnt go.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Here you go Larry.

thanks dennis. i moved the ten more to billys liking and heres my reply
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JakJ4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK1PMnX4QdOx@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JakJ4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK1PMnX4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JakJ4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK1PMnX4QdOx4XIcW4XAaw4cGPp3cAkA3cBAy4eakJ3eOBl1kMnX4kXgC4kQvh4kILu4kJJh4kVAl@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JakJ4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK1PMnX4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]
p.s.i hope he cant bank the 15

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JakJ4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK1PMnX4QdOx4XIcW4XAaw4cGPp3cAkA3cBAy4eakJ3eOBl1kMnX4kXgC4kQvh4kILu4kJJh4kVAl@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JakJ4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK1PMnX4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]
p.s.i hope he cant bank the 15

Isn't it fun playing with the telestraighter?;)

Billy I.