How would you run these 5 balls and HOW?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I haven't posted because, I didn't want to spoil the guess pool. :)
Rod.
P.S. I spoke about it in the TriPod thread.

You can PM me the COMPLETE CORRECT answer, if you get it correct, I'll also send you a "Irving Crane" poster!

REMEBER, there are 6 parts to the CORRECT COMPLETE answer!

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I don't know about all the nuances, Bill, but I'm going three rails (short,long,short) and falling on one of those balls after making the ten. Probably use a fist bridge and try to get on the seven and then the 14. Good diagram....
This seems like the only answer if you're not bumping balls. And if you're bumping balls I like bumping the 14, not the 13. Also if you're bumping balls I don't see how you can be sure about the exact sequence.

The only other really predictable option I see is if you could draw cleanly under and around the 5, but that doesn't look possible without jacking up and putting a little masse on it.

Interested to see the answer...

pj
chgo

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This seems like the only answer if you're not bumping balls. And if you're bumping balls I like bumping the 14, not the 13. Also if you're bumping balls I don't see how you can be sure about the exact sequence.

The only other really predictable option I see is if you could draw cleanly under and around the 5, but that doesn't look possible without jacking up and putting a little masse on it.

pj
chgo

Patrick; I have to admit, I was hoping YOU would come with the COMPLETE CORRECT answer, with the aid of the ENTIRE "SPG" community!

This way here I could make a clean seep all at once! JK :rolleyes:

But, RE: your reply to the COMPLETE CORRECT answer, :sorry NO.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

pj
chgo

there is space to get under the 5
the question is how???
i told bill the diagram was not obvious that that was an option

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
there is space to get under the 5
the question is how???
i told bill the diagram was not obvious that that was an option

I guess since lll, let half the cat out of the bag, 1 of the 6 parts to the COMPLETE CORRECT answer is. "How do you get around and under the 5 ball?"

P.S. I also tweeked the diagrams a "hair" to help everyone to try and figure out and visualize the, FIRST important "nuance" of the problem

Last edited:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
The most reliable way to get all 5 in one inning is as I described. If you were feeling lucky and wanted to decrease your chances of getting out, you could punch down with draw and left and hope to spin perfectly around the 5 without overamping the cue ball's orbit.

Any sane player would come off one of those 2 stripes and go from there.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
The most reliable way to get all 5 in one inning is as I described. If you were feeling lucky and wanted to decrease your chances of getting out, you could punch down with draw and left and hope to spin perfectly around the 5 without overamping the cue ball's orbit.

Any sane player would come off one of those 2 stripes and go from there.

I NEVER said I was "sane!" What do you expect from a demented, sadistic 3C player. :eek:

Straight; You're getting closer! But remember, there are 6 parts to the COMPLETE CORRECT answer! :) But you get a "B" for the effort!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Here's my LAST and FINAL clue, in the form of a VERY short clip from a video of mine, on 3 cushion trick shots.

Pay CLOSE attention to how the cue ball reacts! ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZuOE7s6ecg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZuOE7s6ecg[/ame]

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Pool balls with typical cloth won't react like that. Even if you could get it to do that in your diagram, you might scratch or hit the point.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Pool balls with typical cloth won't react like that. Even if you could get it to do that in your diagram, you might scratch or hit the point.

Straight; I think you sort of missed the point of the video, go back and read lll's post. And look at my EXPLODED diagram!

Time to hit the sack, I'll check in the morning to see if we have a, "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!"
:)