New Design is Live!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Whew, boy did I bite off more than I could chew! :)

I sure hope everyone enjoys the new look and feel of the main site. As I mentioned before, the forums will not be messed with other than putting a new header on top to match the new design which will happen sometime in the near future. The site is responsive and should work on all devices!

IMPORTANT - if you are still seeing the old design, you need to clear your browser cache!

----------------------------------------------

So what's all new?

After we finalized the new logo, it was time to work on the new site design.

My wife graciously designed the core of the site and put together the template so that it was kind of a shell for me to fill in all of the content. So I tediously tried to find every page on the current site and copy/paste all of the data into the new design. I wanted to make sure it was organized well so that people could easily find the hall of fame stuff, dinners, news, interviews and all of the other resources the site offers. That being said, I am sure I missed a page or 2, so let me know if you find something that is missing.

ALso added some new sections like for the member's tournament so we can keep track of that for years to come.

Another thing I wanted to do was try to set up some different ways for the site to start earning some sort of revenue to help Steve / OnePocket.org with expenses and eventually being able to do the Hall Of Fame Banquets again. You will find various ways to help support those efforts throughout the site.

We need your help!

Please, as you browse pages throughout the site, let me know ASAP if you find any problems. This could be clicking on a link and it goes nowhere or maybe goes to the wrong page. I am human and I make mistakes :) Lets just get the fixed right away!

Also, there are some areas in the site where I have names, dates, places, etc that may not be accurate. SO for example in the Hall of Fame section I have the dates of their birth and deaths (where applicable). If anyone sees any info that needs corrected or added where I had a "?", please let me know. Another example is in the player sponsorship section I added names of players, which event they were sponsored for along with years and their hometowns. I guessed at some of these so please let me know if you have any corrections for me.

Things that did not get done:

I know some had suggested a pool table tool and to have better control of the forums like being able to see OP pics, etc. I want these things too but those will have to be down the road as this is strictky a redesign / organization job done on the current content of the site.

Things that are still yet to come:

On top of the other suggestions members have made, I would like to incorporate a good calendar plugin to keep track of events. Also, we are going to try some advertising out where one-pocket or pool related businesses can advertise on onepocket.org to again help Steve with some expenses and get some revenue built up for future endeavors. You will notice on all of the posts throughout the site, the right hand column is empty. This is one of the key places we plan to add maybe an ad or 2 going down the side.

The Marketplace link has a link (goes nowhere yet) to a cafe press store where i was setting up the logo on different shirts, mugs, caps, etc. I have it almost ready but have to iron out a few things still.

Anyways, been excited to show you all and hope you like it!

Any corrections or comments, please contact me ASAP: chris@chrisheinrich.com

Thanks!

PS - keep in mind, until I have the new header on the forums, if you click on hall of fame or something else at the top form the forums page, you are going to see the old design. To see the new design you would have to make sure your cache is cleared in your browser and point to onepocket.org

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The only problem I experience with the site: I don't stay signed in on my I Pad. My computers, Mac Pro, I Mac, Acer, all stay signed in. And yes I click the box.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The only problem I experience with the site: I don't stay signed in on my I Pad. My computers, Mac Pro, I Mac, Acer, all stay signed in. And yes I click the box.

Hey Bill, you are talking about the forums since that's the only place to log in. I am not sure what the fix is for that as I dont use an Ipad but someone else on here might know.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Cincy:

if you are still seeing the old design, you need to clear your broswer cache!

Something wrong... I thought I was world class at clearing my cash, but WTF do you mean by that? :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
OMG.

I was born stuck...

Giving it a try anyway.

Firefox sent me in circles. I cleared recent history.... Now I'll see if that helped (I doubt it.)

Some members have told me they didn't even need to clear their cache but I had to so i figured others would have to as well. If you cant get it John shoot me a PM and I can call and walk you through it or whatever u prefer =p

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Everything looks the same as far as I can tell.

It shouldnt look the same unless you are just looking at the forums. But if you go to onepocket.org, it changed

From this:

To this:

RedCard

Verified Member
Very Nice

Very Nice

The new design looks great. The new logo looks right at home, the articles are organized and easily accessible. It’s easy to look at, clean and professional. Very nice.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Chris the new site looks really good. It is easy to navigate and the new logo and colors are appealing to the eye.

Great job.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I couldn't see it at first, because on this old Vista, the Chrome is not updating anymore, even though I cleared history and cookies and stuff.. Then the IE is pretty much a dead browser now... I use it only to play cards.. My Firefox wouldn't show it either.. I went to Opera Beta and finally saw it there...Anyway looks fabulous.. Thanks for that...

youngstown

Verified Member
New Design is Live!

I cannot express how amazing it turned out! You and your wife really did a great job! What a turnaround! I'm thrilled!!