Old School Pool Legends Seminar DCC

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The fifth annual Old School Pool Seminar at Derby City is scheduled again for Monday, January 28th at 9 am. Price is $110 for reserved spots and $120 at the tournament itself. Three hours of specialized lessons, one hour of One pocket from One pocket Hall of Famer, Billy Incardona, one hour of Straight-pool from BCA and One pocket Hall of Famer, Danny DiLiberto, and one hour of bank pool from Bank pool Hall of Famer, Freddy the Beard Bentivegna.

Beard

you can make your advance reservation and reserve your spot with any of the above, Danny, Billy or the Beard. You can contact the Beard at bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One pocket segment

One pocket segment

This will be my second show with Danny and Fred, and I am going to do this show a little different than at Tunica. In Tunica I described ..in a list...the important things that I believed we should think about before playing one pocket. This trip I would like to help players with their game by going through their problematic areas, and offer my help in trying to correct their problem. After that we will go through a rack of one pocket, and I will analyze options and try to help people in understanding different concepts.

Hope to see you all there, times a runnin out. :)

Dr. Bill

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
This will be my second show with Danny and Fred, and I am going to do this show a little different than at Tunica. In Tunica I described ..in a list...the important things that I believed we should think about before playing one pocket. This trip I would like to help players with their game by going through their problematic areas, and offer my help in trying to correct their problem. After that we will go through a rack of one pocket, and I will analyze options and try to help people in understanding different concepts.

Hope to see you all there, times a runnin out. :)

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill: Will you have information on reading the rack for the opening break???

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i attended the pool school at tunica
picked up a lot of good info and how often do you get a chance to listen to legends of pool share their knowledge and experience and get to ask them questions too
the experience and memory is priceless
a must attend if you are there
imho
im right about this one:)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
i attended the pool school at tunica
picked up a lot of good info and how often do you get a chance to listen to legends of pool share their knowledge and experience and get to ask them questions too
the experience and memory is priceless
a must attend if you are there
imho
im right about this one:)

RU gonna be at DCC?

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Amen to that, brother!

Amen to that, brother!

The fifth annual Old School Pool Seminar at Derby City is scheduled again for Monday, January 28th at 9 am. Price is $110 for reserved spots and $120 at the tournament itself. Three hours of specialized lessons, one hour of One pocket from One pocket Hall of Famer, Billy Incardona, one hour of Straight-pool from BCA and One pocket Hall of Famer, Danny DiLiberto, and one hour of bank pool from Bank pool Hall of Famer, Freddy the Beard Bentivegna.

Beard

you can make your advance reservation and reserve your spot with any of the above, Danny, Billy or the Beard. You can contact the Beard at bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net

While I don’t have anywhere near the skill level to benefit from pool lessons at this level, I still found the Tunica seminars (the streamed ones) to be fascinating.

The best part, of course, was the banter, the interplay, the back-and-forth among the instructors. Besides learning something -- e.g. how to tell when there’s a kiss -- the entertainment value alone was worth it.

One minor suggestion (yes, from the last float in the clueless parade -- moi!) would be to start the lessons in a real game situation; that is, breaking the balls as is done at the start of any game.

I realize that some balls might then need to be hand-moved to better illustrate key situations, but it could inform and animate the lessons for the instructors to react to ‘live’ challenges rather than from pre-set positions.

Teaching the teachers is my life,

Sunny

P. S. I do hope someone will be live-streaming the boys from DCC.

P. P. S. Comfortable clothes are understandable, but could we retire the wife-beater? It conveys a certain je ne sais quoi -- a sort of meth-breath image?

P. P. P. S. Given that we pool players are never 100% successful, mayhaps the instructors could close their lessons on a positive note … something such as Amor Vincit Omnia. (Love Conquers All, for those of you who have forgotten your Greek lessons.)

P. P. P. P. S. My favorite part of watching the live streams of the actual tournaments is listening to the commentators. When our favorite instructors are involved, it’s fascinating to listen to the respect they project in their voices when talking with each other. (As opposed to the rather dismissive vocal tones when ‘mere mortals’ are in the booth with them.) Naturally -- on-stream, as in real life -- our commentariat see no reason to be over-burdened with the truth.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
lll

lll

that one is going to get you in trouble... just saying

B

PS The seminar is well worth the time and effort... wish I could go this year but sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men just don't work out...

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Old School Pool Seminar

Old School Pool Seminar

Beard

Hey Fred,

Will the people who have signed up for the seminar be notified as to who will be going and where the seminar will be held?

Thanks,

John

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hey Fred,

Will the people who have signed up for the seminar be notified as to who will be going and where the seminar will be held?

Thanks,

John

Sixth Annual Old School Pool Seminar

Three hour pool instruction and commentary from three Hall of Fame Old Schoolers:
Danny DiLiberto,
BCA and One Pocket Hall of Fame inductee, 1 hour of Straight-pool
Bill Incardona,
One Pocket Hall of Famer, 1 hour of One Pocket
Freddy the Beard Bentivegna,
Bank Pool Hall of Famer, 1 hour of Bank Pool

Plus plenty of road stories, jackpots and class interaction.
9am to 12 noon Monday Jan 28th We will all gather at 8:45am in front of the bar upstairs, across from the TAR room.
$120 per person – register with Danny, Billy or the Beard, or leave your name and contact info with the tournament desk

Alert the tournament director that you are attending the seminar so he can adjust your match time (if you are playing in the tournament)