Late nite: ACTION NOW! Shane VanBoening vs Tony Chohan on POVPool

Trebor

Verified Member
From
Action, USA
That Chohon sure plays good. He plays better than his cousin Amar Kang right now but i don't think that has always been the case.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
WOW, Shane misses three or four shots the last game. Tony banks em good

Yes, this was surprising from SVB. The last 2 banks from Tony were great, but the game winning shot was that 2 rail kick that ended up w/whitey frozen to the 10 ball? and put a ball near his hole. That was incredible and very creative.

I wonder if he thought the balls would end up like they did? Hard to believe he planned on freezing the cue ball to that stripe. But whatever, under intense pressure he sure thought of an interesting shot.

Again, thanks POVPOOL for the stream!

Dave

Hidy Ho

Verified Member
From
BKK/SFO
That Chohon sure plays good. He plays better than his cousin Amar Kang right now but i don't think that has always been the case.

IMHO, Tony has always been better one pocket player than Amar/"rest of the world" whereas Amar is probably better 9/10 ball player than Tony.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Don't know if you all saw this yet or not but Jealous John texted me the link so I thought I would share with the rest.

This is the last part of SVB vs Chohan on their second matchup race to 8 for $5k.

This is from Daniel's stream right after the 9 ball was finished.

6-6 is the score i games, not sure of the current ball count yet just started watchign it myself:

https://youtu.be/8WWsphH9XZ4?t=31930

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Always is a long time, wasn't true when they were in Houston in the late 90's early 2000's.
I'm inclined to agree with you. Tony has morphed into a world class player, whereas Amar remains as a very strong regional player. And it's doubtful that Amar plays as often, nor continually keeps in stroke. When they were younger, in the '90s, Amar was definitely the superior player.

~Doc