12-5

DawgAndy

How strong would you have to play to break even with Cliff Joyner getting 12-5? 8 hour session.

Andy

Shag_Fu

Verified Member
Me thinks if you have to ask, then you are prob not strong enough. Depends on how much you are playing for as well I suppose.

DawgAndy

no,no,no not me:eek: I couldn't even get to the table with 14-1. A guy in the poolroom was saying he broke even with Cliff last week with that game. I'm new in the room so i'm not going to call BS but I watched him play a couple of games and figured he was full of shit. May jump up on the guy next time.

Andy

Shag_Fu

Verified Member
you never know til you try. Its only money and you cant take it with you.

Shorty

Verified Member
From
Melbourne, Florida
Playing cliff 12-5 is pretty darn strong IMO...

Hell I would not even try him 12-3...except for maybe 10 a game cheap LOL

Shorty

CaptainHook

Verified Member
From
Flamingo,St.Pete FL.
Shorty said:
Playing cliff 12-5 is pretty darn strong IMO...

Hell I would not even try him 12-3...except for maybe 10 a game cheap LOL

Shorty

Yeah, $10-20 a game, would be it for me also. But I would make him work damn hard for it.:D

Then I would steal all his moves.:p

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
DawgAndy said:
no,no,no not me:eek: I couldn't even get to the table with 14-1. A guy in the poolroom was saying he broke even with Cliff last week with that game. I'm new in the room so i'm not going to call BS but I watched him play a couple of games and figured he was full of shit. May jump up on the guy next time.

Andy
Cliff could beat the average half decent shortstop with 12-5. In other words, one of the better players in most average poolrooms would probably lose to Joyner getting 12-5. If the guy you mentioned plays any less than that speed, he is either BS'ing or he got beat.

Doc

DawgAndy

Thanks gulfportdoc, that was the comparision I was looking for. Judging by what I saw and the supposed wager I'm leaning really hard to the BS side. I'll try him some 3 ahead for a 100 and get back to you guys.

andy