Update: US Open - OnePocket.org players

SloMoHolic

Verified Member
A quick update on our players:

Mr. Lou Figueroa defeated C Wilson Jr, 4-3, then was defeated by Larry Nevel, 4-1, and was then defeated by Jeremy Jones, 3-1.

Mr. Tom Wirth defeated C Guthrie, 4-1, but was then defeated by our own Bernie Pettipiece, 4-2. Mr. Wirth was then defeated by Darren Appleton, 3-1.

Mr. Bill Stroud was defeated by Chris Bartram, 4-2. He then defeated D Vincent, 3-1. After that, Brandon Shuff defeated Bill, 3-1.

Mr. Bernie Pettipiece started off with a 4-3 win over Earl Strickland. He then defeated our own Tom Wirth, 4-2. Mr. Bernie will play Charlie Williams next.

Congratulations to Lou, Tom, Bill, and Bernie, for representing OnePocket.org. All four avoided going two-and-out, and all four avoided any goose eggs!

Best wishes for Bernie as he continues his march towards the winners' circle!

We are all rooting for you!

-Blake

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks blake for the update
tom, lou ,and bill sorry to hear you are out of the tourney but thanks for trying your best and representing us
bernie congrats on putting up with earl and coming away victorious
good luck in the rest of the tourney

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
A quick update on our players:

Mr. Lou Figueroa defeated C Wilson Jr, 4-3, then was defeated by Larry Nevel, 4-1, and was then defeated by Jeremy Jones, 3-1.

Mr. Tom Wirth defeated C Guthrie, 4-1, but was then defeated by our own Bernie Pettipiece, 4-2. Mr. Wirth was then defeated by Darren Appleton, 3-1.

Mr. Bill Stroud was defeated by Chris Bartram, 4-2. He then defeated D Vincent, 3-1. After that, Brandon Shuff defeated Bill, 3-1.

Mr. Bernie Pettipiece started off with a 4-3 win over Earl Strickland. He then defeated our own Tom Wirth, 4-2. Mr. Bernie will play Charlie Williams next.

Congratulations to Lou, Tom, Bill, and Bernie, for representing OnePocket.org. All four avoided going two-and-out, and all four avoided any goose eggs!

Best wishes for Bernie as he continues his march towards the winners' circle!

We are all rooting for you!

-Blake

Congratulations for competing. It is a one pocket experience you never forget.

Go get em Bernie.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Kudos to Tom, Lou and Bill for not getting skunked in this murderous field! Because The Pelican and I stayed home, there are no "breathe-easy" matches in the bracket.:)

What can one say about Bernie P.? He has it all: talent, composure, concentration, and character. It would take some very good fortune for him to win it, but he'll most likely get into the nice dough. I like his chances with Charlie Williams, and probably Bartrum-- if it is he who he plays. I'd like to see him hand Orcullo his butt on a plate; but perhaps Nevel or Martinez will take care of that little task.;)

Today's 10 A.M. marquee matches will be Frost/Bustamante, and SVB/Gray. Frost has the talent edge on Busty, IMO, but it will just depend upon his mood in the match. SVB is favored over Gray, but Gray can beat anybody, and SVB knows it.

If Ike can get by Corey, he might surprise everyone and beat Biado.

I wish I could watch some of the matches. I'm just not around a computer that long...:mad: Will look forward to this evening's report and brackets.

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Wayne posts I believe (correct me if I am wrong). On the losers side and playing well.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Bernie is playing Charlie Williams right now in a winners side match. He's up 4-2 in the ball count I believe first game

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374169999.925642.jpgcharliie to shoot -- geez Steve has discovered a new toy -- posting a pic from his phone lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'd shoot a heavy spinning 3'oclock cue ball off the 13 with the cue ball hittin' just below the red ball and back out possibly hitting the red, if not it stacks.

It's either that, or else banking the red ball one rail or two rails - all three are good shots...I'd love it if I were in Bernie's position here.

- Ghost

PS, Hey Steve..did Bernie get the extra break and break the balls here in game 7?

PPS, I'm not too surprised that Bernie has won these matches...besides Bernie doing everything well, so far he has luckily drawn the pro players who aren't One Pocket players - that applies to Bartram also (as opposed to drawing Jeremy, Francisco, Corey, Joey, Shane, Ike, etc.)...they all have a small shooting edge over Bernie, but I think Bernie did/should be able to out-move all three of them.