S.J. Dick can still ginn-it

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
High 'Stallin' Dick

High 'Stallin' Dick

hemicudas said:
Obviously Dick could have played better but watch some of his kicks in this match. He still hits them pretty sporty. http://www.ontherailtv.com/Video%20Clip%20Pages/ronnvsdick.html

After watching this, all I want to know is, how much did you snap him off for once the camera stopped rolling? Or were you setting up one of the railbugs?
Do tell, do tell.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
hemicudas said:
Obviously Dick could have played better but watch some of his kicks in this match. He still hits them pretty sporty. http://www.ontherailtv.com/Video%20Clip%20Pages/ronnvsdick.html

Yeah, I played REAL sporty. we were racing to two, and he beat me two zip.
However in the second game I had him in trouble from the break. I had about ten balls by my pocket when he finally sold out. I tied my high run (2) and got over a ball, miscued, and he ran like seven.
I am still seeking revenge. My ball running is in the toilet. :eek:

Dick <---has lots of room for improvement at running out. (if he doesn't run out of time)

thebaby

Verified Member
saving our money

saving our money

well we are all waiting for SAN JOSE DICK to arrive in sacramento,ca.(hardtimes)in may,we are all excited.personally I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY HIM SOME ONE HOLE.i've been saving all my allowance money to donate to him.let us no when your arriving dick were send the car for you............

SJDinPHX

Suspended
thebaby said:
well we are all waiting for SAN JOSE DICK to arrive in sacramento,ca.(hardtimes)in may,we are all excited.personally I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY HIM SOME ONE HOLE.i've been saving all my allowance money to donate to him.let us no when your arriving dick were send the car for you............

Frank,

I have been preparing for you...... last week, I ran THREE balls.
I want you to agree NOT to play John Henderson between now and when I arrive.
I do not want you depleting your allowance. :eek:

Dick

PS. My son will chaeuffeur me around. Can't drive anymore...I failed my last eye test for my driver's license.
He also screws my stick together, and helps me back and forth to the table. (walker gets in the way)

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SJDinPHX said:
Frank,

I have been preparing for you...... last week, I ran THREE balls.
I want you to agree NOT to play John Henderson between now and when I arrive.
I do not want you depleting your allowance. :eek:

Dick

PS. My son will chaeuffeur me around. Can't drive anymore...I failed my last eye test for my driver's license.
He also screws my stick together, and helps me back and forth to the table. (walker gets in the way)

He has plenty of money now Dick, he won back the G Whiz back that I got lucky and won a couple of weeks ago. I am back to playing $50/$100 sets until the next S/S check comes in.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
He has plenty of money now Dick, he won back the G Whiz back that I got lucky and won a couple of weeks ago. I am back to playing $50/$100 sets until the next S/S check comes in.

John, does this mean that if you and I played him partners we would need even MORE weight ? It boggles the mind.
Please have the Midge (Wayne) in attendance if possible. He has been betting on me for 40 years. I think he bought "Hard Times" with his winnings. If he doesnt like the game, I will know we are in deep doo-doo. :eek:

Dick <--- just ran 3 and out AGAIN today.

PS John, S.S. no longer supports my pool habit. I am now into my pension. 401K, IRA's etc. Kathy is not thrilled !!

Last edited:

Deeman

Verified Member
Dick,

You and J.R. ought to be ashamed of yourselves, laying down that spread. Hell, I aint ever seen JR without a cue in his hand and you without a drink in yours!

You would think they have to check you two out of an old folks home just to play. :)

Maybe, if you will hold a scotch in one hand and not get up out of that Hoveround, they''ll give up a ball....LOL

Wish I could see this....

DeeMan

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
There are plenty of spectator chairs and even an elevated stadium style seating.

And the carpet is already a brownish tint.
Keep the woofing coming... nothing here to see, carry on, nothing here to see.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Woofing....Round 2 !!!

Woofing....Round 2 !!!

SactownTom said:
There are plenty of spectator chairs and even an elevated stadium style seating.

And the carpet is already a brownish tint.
Keep the woofing coming... nothing here to see, carry on, nothing here to see.

John,
Now that the Baby has extracted his revenge, surely he has offered you an appropriate handicap ???.
I shall open negotiations with him by asking for a meager 1/10th of a ball for every year difference in our age.
Surely his sense of fair play will come to the forefront there..... won't it ? :cool:

Dick <---hates to keep playing the age card, but it's all I have left. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SJDinPHX said:
John,
Now that the Baby has extracted his revenge, surely he has offered you an appropriate handicap ???.
I shall open negotiations with him by asking for a meager 1/10th of a ball for every year difference in our age.
Surely his sense of fair play will come to the forefront there..... won't it ? :cool:

Dick <---hates to keep playing the age card, but it's all I have left. :rolleyes:

He might consider that, and it makes sense to me, so we will see. I won't play again unless I get 9/8, which is the way I beat him. He smoked me playing even.

I will see him today at the Hard Times monthly one pocket tournament. Great little tournament. It gets 30/40 players for a $20 entry fee with $300 added & 1st is around $300. All you have to do is beat Billy Palmer and half a dozen other good players to win it.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Tom,

I know you have your hands full running the 1P tournament, but didn't you recently gear up for streaming ?
It would be neat if one of these times you could stream at least the semi-finals on out. (specally if John H. makes it that far.) ;)
I know they have a great tournament room there. Do they have good internet access ?

Dick

Are they always on the first Sat. of the month ?

Last edited:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Internet access is still in the works. The Owner is getting some business quotes.

The first full weekend of the month, the Saturday is 1Pkt and Sunday 9 Ball
We've been averaging 30+ for the last 4 months. I suspect there will be a slow down when it gets real warm in June.

SJDinPHX said:
Tom,

I know you have your hands full running the 1P tournament, but didn't you recently gear up for streaming ?
It would be neat if one of these times you could stream at least the semi-finals on out. (specally if John H. makes it that far.) ;)
I know they have a great tournament room there. Do they have good internet access ?

Dick

Are they always on the first Sat. of the month ?

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
SactownTom said:
Internet access is still in the works. The Owner is getting some business quotes.

The first full weekend of the month, the Saturday is 1Pkt and Sunday 9 Ball
We've been averaging 30+ for the last 4 months. I suspect there will be a slow down when it gets real warm in June.

Never could understand that slowdown stuff .... I could come down out of the hills on a 105 degree Sunday and spend a delightful day in a 68 degree tournament room with more competition that I could stand .... some folks (Californians) just do not know a good thing when it bites them on the foot.

Cannot say I ever really enjoyed the 126 mile round trip ride however........

Hope you folks get a good quote. Would be nice to see the old crew members in action.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
Never could understand that slowdown stuff .... I could come down out of the hills on a 105 degree Sunday and spend a delightful day in a 68 degree tournament room with more competition that I could stand .... some folks (Californians) just do not know a good thing when it bites them on the foot.

Cannot say I ever really enjoyed the 126 mile round trip ride however........

Hope you folks get a good quote. Would be nice to see the old crew members in action.

KOUD,

Hate to burst your bubble, but this thread is almost 2 years old...I have to think maybe Tom's boss did not like the quote..:rolleyes:

PS..Where is Tom ? (last post 2/18)

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
KOUD,

Hate to burst your bubble, but this thread is almost 2 years old...I have to think maybe Tom's boss did not like the quote..:rolleyes:

PS..Where is Tom ? (last post 2/18)

Thanks, Richard.

I am going to set about changing " 'Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.' TR " right after lunch ..... I'll get rid of that "with it" stuff too since obviously I ain't.

Can I get 12-2 yet? Anyone?