Alex vs. Efren 2008 D.C.C. #5

Jimmy B

Verified Member
It is definately not the shot for anyone uncomfortable with it, and yes the distance is intimidating, but not enough to stop me from shooting it. Like Stroud said...It comes up all the time, in a take-out situation.

Yes It does come up all the time. It use to help me to go down there and put my finger against the rail exactly where I wanted to hit and use low right. I noticed a lot of great young nineballers doing this and also kicking by using the simple double the distance from the rail kicking system that I used and saw Hippie Jimmy teaching in the No Time For Negative series that I studied many years ago. I gave it to somebody. You can put your finger in the chalk and put a slight mark on the table to help you. If they say anything just say-hell I didn';t know I had chalk on my finger you ****in nitshit.........

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Chalk

Chalk

Yes It does come up all the time. It use to help me to go down there and put my finger against the rail exactly where I wanted to hit and use low right. I noticed a lot of great young nineballers doing this and also kicking by using the simple double the distance from the rail kicking system that I used and saw Hippie Jimmy teaching in the No Time For Negative series that I studied many years ago. I gave it to somebody. You can put your finger in the chalk and put a slight mark on the table to help you. If they say anything just say-hell I didn';t know I had chalk on my finger you ****in nitshit.........

You think like I do, Jimmy. Simplest thing to do is go over and look the shot over, chalk your cue and set the chalk down on the sweet spot. Cant miss. Only real hard-liners like Cardone would squawk.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It is definately not the shot for anyone uncomfortable with it, and yes the distance is intimidating, but not enough to stop me from shooting it. Like Stroud said...It comes up all the time, in a take-out situation.

There is a message for you over in the other thread (Halloween Night). The guy from Fagatopia was asking for you. Wonders if you want to share a tent with him. Be sure to bring your own bedpan, says he. Free chow provided by SEIU. No booze however, but plenty of Pot.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You think like I do, Jimmy. Simplest thing to do is go over and look the shot over, chalk your cue and set the chalk down on the sweet spot. Cant miss. Only real hard-liners like Cardone would squawk.

Beard

I'm 67 years old and have been playing pool for over 50 of those years, don't you think I have played this kind of kick shot before? Maybe 10,000 times. And the angle offered on this kick is a little flat meaning that the kicked ball will have to be hit on the inside of the ball, not square. There is no way you can stop the ball with this kick and not run the risk of it going toward the 6 ball like Stroud says, impossible.:frus Understanding this, the distance of the shot coupled with the closeness to the rail the cue ball is positioned makes this shot play tough. Now if the cue ball was positioned 6" to the left of where it is now you may have an argument debating the kick against the rail first with the 11 ball, but it's not.

I set this exact shot up on my Diamond and kicked it like Stroud said and it went right into the 6 ball, but I did stop the cue ball.:lol Also like Timdog say's you can kick this shot well and still sell out. If that happened you might not want to shoot it again in the event that it ever showed again.

This kick bank is not really a tough shot, providing the distance was shorter, the cue ball wasn't positioned as closely to the rail as shown, and there weren't any potential interfering balls positioned in the banking lanes of the kick.:sorry

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I'm 67 years old and have been playing pool for over 50 of those years, don't you think I have played this kind of kick shot before? Maybe 10,000 times. And the angle offered on this kick is a little flat meaning that the kicked ball will have to be hit on the inside of the ball, not square. There is no way you can stop the ball with this kick and not run the risk of it going toward the 6 ball like Stroud says, impossible.:frus Understanding this, the distance of the shot coupled with the closeness to the rail the cue ball is positioned makes this shot play tough. Now if the cue ball was positioned 6" to the left of where it is now you may have an argument debating the kick against the rail first with the 11 ball, but it's not.

I set this exact shot up on my Diamond and kicked it like Stroud said and it went right into the 6 ball, but I did stop the cue ball... Also like Timdog say's you can kick this shot well and still sell out. If that happened you might not want to shoot it again in the event that it ever showed again.

This kick bank is not really a tough shot, providing the distance was shorter, the cue ball wasn't positioned as closely to the rail as shown, and there weren't any potential interfering balls positioned in the banking lanes of the kick.:sorry

Billy I.

Scaredy-cat...If you had hit the 11, a littlle less full (see post #36)...you would have wound up heading the 11 ball where it was diagramed to go..more towards the side pocket,... well missing the 6 ball, and toward the two stripes, and your cue ball would have wound up on the end rail afew inches left of the pocket... Even a 'magician wouldn't shoot at the 6 in that spot....Sheeeeeesh, Do you think I would endorse any shot the Beard liked, if it were not FOOL-proof ???.:rolleyes:

PS..A clinic is available for this type shot..Please call, "Duck/Beard Enterprises"...BR 549...(Formerly named, The Bearded Duck Ent....prior to that it was called 'Asshole/Nice Guy Inc'.)...We always fought over who got first billing..:cool:.. There will, of course, be nominal a fee attached, no owes-ies please...:p

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Scaredy-cat...If you had hit the 11, a littlle less full, you could have wound up heading the 11 ball, where it was diagramed well missing the 6 ball, more toward the two stripes, and your cue ball would have wound up on the end rail ....Sheeeeeesh..:rolleyes:

I'm not a perfect player:sorry and where were you before I shot the shot?:heh Anyways I just hit it a little bad.:frus Sheeeeeesh. Can I have just one more chance at it?

Billy I.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Frank my man, on the contrary...thank you, thank you, please keep it up - you guys are doing a great job helping me get action by letting everybody know that I shoot shots like that...ya know, I just can't stop myself from shooting those kind of shots cuz they're so much fun to try!...:)...

I made printouts of all the posts where you guys point out those shots that I shoot, and I bring them with me to the poolroom and show them to guys when I'm matching up...:)

- Ghost

Ghoats,

Please maintain perameters;..West;.. Elgin, Ill..;.Southeast; Gary, Ind....Should you travel beyond these perimeters, your entire DCC bankroll will be in jeopardy...:eek: Its a tough road out there, for a 'B minus' player..JK JK JK JK JK :D :D (not)

View attachment 4341

Last edited:

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
Partners??

Partners??

I set this exact shot up on my Diamond and kicked it like Stroud said and it went right into the 6 ball, but I did stop the cue ball.:lol Also like Timdog say's you can kick this shot well and still sell out. If that happened you might not want to shoot it again in the event that it ever showed again.

Billy I.

BILLY! I'VE GOT IT! Maybe you and I could get a partners game! You know, the two guys who want to roll in the eleven against any two who would kick bank the eleven! See if you can work that up, ok?

btw... your partner (that'd be me)
is recovering nicely from neck/back surgery this summer

I do have new metal body parts.... 3 screws and a plate at the base of my skull, 2 five inch titanium rods down the sides of my spine and 2 inch and a half screws into either side of vertebrae C-3... oh yeah.. they took out a 3 inch piece of rib from my back to fuse between the rods. Fusion....is good <g>

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
BILLY! I'VE GOT IT! Maybe you and I could get a partners game! You know, the two guys who want to roll in the eleven against any two who would kick bank the eleven! See if you can work that up, ok?

I do have new metal body parts.... 3 screws and a plate at the base of my skull, 2 five inch titanium rods down the sides of my spine and 2 inch and a half screws into either side of vertebrae C-3... oh yeah.. they took out a 3 inch piece of rib from my back to fuse between the rods. Fusion....is good <g>

Dave,

Sounds like you are recovering well. I had a similar thing about 15 years ago...Cervical fusion, C 3-4-5... My head is still attached and
doing OK. (physically)

Don't know if you have discovered yet, but you will have to re-learn a lot of pool, when you start playing again, as you will be standing much more upright (at least I was) as your range of motion will be much more limited.

As for the partner game (Duck/Beard vs.Cardone/Maddox) HUGE weight would have to be involved...I have quit playing, (mainly because I can't even find the pool room anymore) and my [sic] partner has just been lowered to an APA 2, in the league at Red Shoes. He climbed to a APA 5 at his peak, but has gone steadily downhill, since he turned 45...:cool:

Also,..Fisticuffs would be sure to break out, over our shot selection...Imagine how bad he'd play, with a fat lip, and two black eyes...:eek:

Good Luck with ole neck,

Dick

PS..Sorry lll-----:focus

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
SJD, cancel that request

SJD, cancel that request

From me for you to take on the boy from Fagatopia. :eek: I now understand your reluctance. Just discovered he is somehow a friend of John Henderson's. I guess John has spent too many years on the Pest Coast, sorry, the Messed Coast. :D JK John, JK. So that explains why Sir Duckie has held his usually loose tongue and sat quietly -- and meekly -- thru the Liberace abuse. Out of respect for JH, I will reluctantly follow suit.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
From me for you to take on the boy from Fagatopia. :eek: I now understand your reluctance. Just discovered he is somehow a friend of John Henderson's. I guess John has spent too many years on the Pest Coast, sorry, the Messed Coast. :D JK John, JK. So that explains why Sir Duckie has held his usually loose tongue and sat quietly -- and meekly -- thru the Liberace abuse. Out of respect for JH, I will reluctantly follow suit.

Beard

Yes Scruzbill is a friend of John's, also a part time road buddy/stakehorse/(when needed) roomie/and occasional 'gofer'..His political views are (may be) slightly [sic] left of center, but I have chosen not to debate him on these issues, based on my friendship with John.

My own son lived there for several years (in Boulder Creek, a few miles from Santa Cruz) and it took me years to 'detox' him and my granddaughter, from the thorough brian washing they had gotten from the LEFT coast leaning er, ah,..ahem, citizen's

I am quite certain Bill is not a transvestite, homosexual, pedophile, assasin, or any other type social predator... He just happens to be quite particular who he broaches his avid political ideals with...Obviously YOU are not on his 'tread softly' list, and it is beyond my power, or inclination, to try and control him... (AKA any friend of John's, is a friend of mine)...You are on your own...:sorry

PS..What about the Maddox/Cardone challenge...Whaddaya think ? 18/4, 16/5, 6 picks and the snap... How much do we need ?...I can't do it all the negotiations, ya know...:frus

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Hey Dave, you can audition for the next Robo Cop movie, or maybe even a Transformer movie, that's not bad. ;)

Glad to hear you're doing well.:D

Billy I.

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
PS..What about the Maddox/Cardone challenge...Whaddaya think ? 18/4, 16/5, 6 picks and the snap... How much do we need ?...I can't do it all the negotiations, ya know...:frus[/QUOTE]

hold on now!!!!.... before you go getting all carried away...

Billy and I have already made a game playing each other... he's giving the broken down but surgically repaired weatherman (who works 40+ hours a week) 9-6 and the break.

RE-start the negotiations from there... <g>

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Respectfully Ghost posts 22 ,24 and 25 confirm pocketing the 11 ... yes or no?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I do have new metal body parts.... 3 screws and a plate at the base of my skull, 2 five inch titanium rods down the sides of my spine and 2 inch and a half screws into either side of vertebrae C-3... Fusion....is good <g>

Hey David.....Would it be ok if I brought a few magnets to the DCC in January and had a little fun with you?..:eek:...:D :D

- Ghost

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Yes Scruzbill is a friend of John's, also a part time road buddy/stakehorse/(when needed) roomie/and occasional 'gofer'..His political views are (may be) slightly [sic] left of center, but I have chosen not to debate him on these issues, based on my friendship with John.

Just got to reading this post. Bill and I were up late at a Nancy Pelosi fundraiser in San Francisco. (just kidding).

He is opinionated and knows both sides well. Raised and went to college in Louisville, KY, but also lived for several years in San Francisco where he probably converted to the dark side.

I am a middle of the roader and think both sides suck. Pool is a common bond that holds all of our group loosely together and if they could get a few pool players in the upper echelon of government who actually know something of real life, we would be better off than we are now with the jerk***s that are currently running things. The only thing worse are the ones running our Golden State.

Sorry to highjack the thread. Back to one pocket.

grimel

Verified Member
if they could get a few pool players in the upper echelon of government who actually know something of real life, we would be better off than we are now with the jerk***s that are currently running things. The only thing worse are the ones running our Golden State.

Sorry to highjack the thread. Back to one pocket.

I have a few dark side friends. One thing we agree about is we'd be better off if the just picked 535 + 2 names from the voter rolls every 2-4 years.

As for pool, do we get extra weight for replacement parts & "upgrades"? I can use the help get