ok its 3-3 or 4-2 shouldnt matter....:eek:
its dannys shot
again just buying time for the 2012 stuff to get here
wd1.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Danny Diliberto, in his many commentaries, has been trying to promote this shot since Moby Dick was a guppy. Bank the stripe to your pocket and go around three rails with the rock to a good place. Well, it's not a stripe, after all. Looks like the 5 ball.

Nothing to it. Easy as Rice Krispies. Snack! Popple! Crap!

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Danny Diliberto, in his many commentaries, has been trying to promote this shot since Moby Dick was a guppy. Bank the stripe to your pocket and go around three rails with the rock to a good place. Well, it's not a stripe, after all. Looks like the 5 ball.

vapros is this what you had in mnd??

\vv1.jpg

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA

that's the shot!!

Good pick Vapros.

Probably wouldn't take much time to pick this one.

Dud

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A lotta work....

A lotta work....

...for so little reward. Executed perfectly you still only get one ball. Nothing goes in your pocket at the end of the three rail trip.

Beard

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Im hitting....

Im hitting....

.....the 14 dead on and into the stack.It should carom off 1 rail back towards my pocket and leave him nothing but a bank if that.There must be a better shot but I dont see it,cheers,James

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
.....the 14 dead on and into the stack.It should carom off 1 rail back towards my pocket and leave him nothing but a bank if that.There must be a better shot but I dont see it,cheers,James

wont that open the stack some and move at least a ball to wades side ??:confused:
is this your shot??
us1.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
With the score so even I think I would play off the 14 ball with low left and put the cue ball near the chalk.

This would open up some balls to your pocket for the future.

The three rail shot is usually only if you can play shape on another ball.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
With the score so even I think I would play off the 14 ball with low left and put the cue ball near the chalk.

This would open up some balls to your pocket for the future.

The three rail shot is usually only if you can play shape on another ball.

Bill Stroud

like this ??
bs1.jpg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

This is the shot I like. I'm saving the straight back and going three rails with the cue ball for when there is a reward of more balls, like the Beard said.

bstroud

Verified Member
ILL,

Yes.

You open some balls for your pocket and don't take an unnecessary risk.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Actually I don't like either shot, but it looks like you'll have to play one or the other.

The bank going three rails around is a losing shot.:sorry Best case scenario is that you get one ball with the opportunity to open up the balls from the other side of the stack. The make percentage with this shot has to be in the low 20% range, and if missed you figure to give up some type of a decent return shot for Wade. Not a shot that I would want to shoot.

Strouds shot with opening up the balls looks to be a weak shot also, considering how the balls are positioned and the angle going into them. I would shoot the shot that opens up the balls for sure if the 14 ball would kiss and then go three rails around the foot end of the table. That shot needs to be hit with a hard speed, moving balls possibly to your side of the table. Hitting that shot with a softer speed looks like your setting the table for Crane.:eek:
There's another shot that should be considered, i'll explain. Bank the 5 ball pocket speed, and play mostly all cue ball. Where you want the cue ball to end up is near the side rail on Danny's side of the table. This shot should position the 5 ball near you're pocket and the cue ball ..(if played properly) should be near the top side rail leaving a very difficult shot for Crane. Which by the way he won't shoot. With this shot you don't waste the move and you're playing a controlled game, forcing your opponent to earn what he gets.

Of course i'm not going to hit the 6ball, no one else has.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Looking at....

Looking at....

.....it again I like Bstroud's shot off the low end of the 14 more and more,cheers,James

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Actually I don't like either shot, but it looks like you'll have to play one or the other.

The bank going three rails around is a losing shot.:sorry Best case scenario is that you get one ball with the opportunity to open up the balls from the other side of the stack. The make percentage with this shot has to be in the low 20% range, and if missed you figure to give up some type of a decent return shot for Wade. Not a shot that I would want to shoot.

Strouds shot with opening up the balls looks to be a weak shot also, considering how the balls are positioned and the angle going into them. I would shoot the shot that opens up the balls for sure if the 14 ball would kiss and then go three rails around the foot end of the table. That shot needs to be hit with a hard speed, moving balls possibly to your side of the table. Hitting that shot with a softer speed looks like your setting the table for Crane.:eek:
There's another shot that should be considered, i'll explain. Bank the 5 ball pocket speed, and play mostly all cue ball. Where you want the cue ball to end up is near the side rail on Danny's side of the table. This shot should position the 5 ball near you're pocket and the cue ball ..(if played properly) should be near the top side rail leaving a very difficult shot for Crane. Which by the way he won't shoot. With this shot you don't waste the move and you're playing a controlled game, forcing your opponent to earn what he gets.

Of course i'm not going to hit the 6ball, no one else has.:D

Dr. Bill

I shoot this all the time. No prudent one pocket player will shoot at those other balls.billies shot.JPG

tylerdurden

Verified Member
With the cb that close to the rail, I like to think of shots like this as "don't lose" shots. I would just try my darndest to freeze him to the end rail (ie strouds shot). I think the game will play out as being fairly even after shooting strouds shot -- a few shots down the road i mean.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I like kicking off the side rail to hit the 10? (the ball above left of the 14 and next to the 9) full in the face and just hard enough to get the 9 to the opposite side rail and stick the cueball to the 10.