F. Bustamante vs. E. Reyes 2013 Tunica

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
As well as Busty shoots and as well as Efren kicks I too am surprised he took this option. I can't say as to what Efren does to extract himself from this problem but at least he has a shot at pulling something Efrenees. (new word?):)

Tom

If he'sbored with this game he could bank the straight back and run out.

8andout

Verified Member
Well I go with the SidePocket Schofield Kid's shot. But if you're to psszy to do that just three rail that ball into that line of balls and put one next to your pocket and snuggle him up against that ball and leave the stack alone for now, which favors you anyway. Either way, it's CAKE...

For those of you who agree with this shot- i'd like to know how you would hit the cueball to freeze it on the rail. I think the OB will come off that second rail with a ton of spin and hit above the side pocket.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
For those of you who agree with this shot- i'd like to know how you would hit the cueball to freeze it on the rail. I think the OB will come off that second rail with a ton of spin and hit above the side pocket.

You have to know the rails and the humidity and then put some special secret english on it, so don't be doubting me like this any more. Maybe you want to play some real high?? I think I can work out some free time off next fall or sometimes. I'll meet you in Detroit, or some other shit hole but I got to get my eyes laser beamed first. You'll have to send the money to a third party who I will name in the near future. I'll take 8-6 and three to two on the money, and oh yea. I want to play on a Russian Pyramid table. It cannot have a ball return, and you can't be wearing short pants. You have to wear a tie also. I'll get back to you on the rest of these matters. Ok all set.

8andout

Verified Member
Lets play one game for all the marbles- lag for the break. No time to study the rails and barometer.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This is exactly what Bustamante shot:). I was surprised.

View attachment 9023

He left Efren here:

View attachment 9024

Of course you were surprised but more importantly, did you learn anything? :D By the way, when are you going to give me a "cookie"? I do understand that the shot "Bustamante" shot was the shot ..senor suggested, but at least I endorsed it. Isn't that worth at least 1/2 of a cookie?
I'm taking out the 5ball and snuggling up close to the 3ball and look to get a better shot at a later time. If I can't comfortably reach that shot then i'm playing senor's shot and soft kicking the 5ball.

The 2ball looks to be dead but that shot is not going anywhere, which will make Reyes job more difficult , in terms of defending the position.

Dr. Bill

Now you have to admit that i'm really not as clueless as you said I was, right? A simple ..yes or no will suffice, thank you.:D

Dr. Bill

senor

Verified Member
As well as Busty shoots and as well as Efren kicks I too am surprised he took this option. I can't say as to what Efren does to extract himself from this problem but at least he has a shot at pulling something Efrenees. (new word?):)

Tom

I've only see Bustamante play one pocket a couple of times, but IMO he plays A-B-C/1-2-3 one pocket, until he gets a shot he likes then it's A-Z/1-8 one pocket :D

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Latecomer to this one.....

There are just too many ways to shoot at that kick and not get another shot as I see it. I like what busty did myself.

backplaying

Verified Member

Yea, if the 3 is froze you couldn't get it close to the corner, and you might double kiss the ball. I think I would have shot the 5 out and stuck behind the 3 before I shot that shot. I would have tried to cut the 10 in though.. Now Efren will kick 2 rails and leave the cue ball by the 10.

Mike

Verified Member
Shoot the 10 in and run out. Big reward if he makes and gives up little if he doesn't. Shooter of his caliber should easily make this shot. I think it's the ten ball in the middle of the bottom rail.

senor

Verified Member
i dont think the 8 or the two were dead.

Maybe, but I don't think he would have played the shot he did unless they were dead. He played the only shot available that had zero chance of disrupting the stack or the cluster near his pocket and also seems to protect them from disruption on the next shot.

Dennis, do you know what happened after this shot? Do we ever get to find out if the 2 and/or 8 are wired? Thanks

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis, do you know what happened after this shot? Do we ever get to find out if the 2 and/or 8 are wired? Thanks

senor,

Here is the shot Efren shot and the leave. He kicked one rail and came up very short. Bustamante ran 7 balls. The 2 was apparently wired, he shot the 4 ball combo first.

Efren's shot.jpg

er3.jpg

er2.jpg

senor

Verified Member
senor,

Here is the shot Efren shot and the leave. He kicked one rail and came up very short. Bustamante ran 7 balls. The 2 was apparently wired, he shot the 4 ball combo first.

Thanks for following up Dennis. You da man.

I didn't mention this last month, but if Busty tried to spin in the 10, there is a good chance that he would disrupt the wired 8 and the wired 2, all in one stroke. That may be why he didn't try to twizzle it in.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In post number 5 I said the two ball looked good by hitting the eleven ball on either side. I would have kicked at it before it got destroyed.

The commentators thought Busty was fearful of Efren's One-Pocket abilities and so played that safety behind the 5 ball.

I thought the opposite. I thought Busty realizes how much Efren's game is off and didn't want to embarrass him by kicking at the 4 ball combo and running balls behind it. With the 11 ball off the rail like that it was a "huge" ball to hit. Efren had just played a difficult safety and messed it up a little to leave Busty the opening layout in this thread. I thought the kick was the correct shot for Busty.

Dennis