E. Reyes vs. S. Woodward 2013 Tunica

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I would make the 8 and try to corner hook him.

The cueball is close and the 8 is hanging.

Ken

PS Did everyone notice the guy sleeping in the last picture?

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The corner hook seems like the best option to me. Not sure how to finesse those. I imagine the key is to shoot lightly into the left side of the 8 ball, and try to snuggle the CB behind the point.

Even if the corner hook isn't successful, the straight-back it would leave --although free-- a difficult shot. And if missed it might leave Woodward a return straight-back, or a two-railer on the 2 ball.

Doc

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The corner hook looks near impossible from that angle. Although I would still go ahead and make the 8 and leave my opponent in the jaws letting him swing at the straight back, here is another shot that may be available...

If the 2 ball is off the rail at all, make the 2 and try to bring the CB back and make the 8 as well. The 8 is a "big ball" hanging in that corner. Even if you hang the 2, you will still have a great chance of getting both balls back in play. With world class players like these guys that shot is certainly not out of the realm of possibility, and would be super strong for the player that needs 2 balls.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Go for the corner hook. It is not the best of angles but it can be done. The trick is to slowly slide the cue ball with left hand center axis english. Hit the object ball full, and the english will hopefully turn the ball slightly to the left and up against the left facing.

Beard

young william

I would make the 8-ball and try to move the q-ball over about 1 diamond on the end rail. I would also try to freeze the q-ball to the end rail. This will force Reyes to shoot the next shot with follow or shoot jacked up. This shot will also be an off angle shot and one not practiced as much.

If you leave the q-ball in the pocket you will have more options for making a bridge and the english you can apply. This is also a shot that is practiced and comes up a lot in bank pool.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Go for the corner hook. It is not the best of angles but it can be done. The trick is to slowly slide the cue ball with left hand center axis english. Hit the object ball full, and the english will hopefully turn the ball slightly to the left and up against the left facing.

Beard

I would also try to corner hook him and the advice of the execution you explained is spot on and worth a "golden nugget" for you.

Bill Incardona

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would also try to corner hook him and the advice of the execution you explained is spot on and worth a "golden nugget" for you.

Bill Incardona

Just so I understand correctly... with the exact position of the 8 ball (a portion of the ball is outside the jaws of the pocket) and the CB in this scenario, a corner hook can still be accomplished?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Finally! Are you sure youre feeling ok?

Beard

I'm feeling ok considering what I have gone through with my surgery, but in reference to your explanation of the corner hook it was a very note worthy bit of information on how balls interact with themselves, and why the corner hook is even possible from the position referenced. The english turns the cue ball off the friction of the spin. Very subtlety I may add.:cool: The 8ball should be struck almost dead center, favoring slightly the left side.

Thank you.:)

Bill Incardona

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skyler decided to shoot the 2 ball 4 rails. I'm not showing the complete path of the cueball. He hit it with so much force-follow that it hit the footrail, hit it again and then hit the siderail, where the 2 came around after hitting 6 rails and hit it.

sw's shot.jpg

sw's leave.jpg

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Skyler decided to shoot the 2 ball 4 rails. I'm not showing the complete path of the cueball. He hit it with so much force-follow that it hit the footrail, hit it again and then hit the siderail, where the 2 came around after hitting 6 rails and hit it.

The boy can certainly play, but that was a horrible decision needing both balls...