Derby city

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
What’s up fellas. Derby great so far. My first match is tonight at 11:00. Got here yesterday and been in action so far with chicagofats, Cincykid, and johnnytronic. Happy to be here with a bunch of the crew. I’ll post pics later

OldSchool

Verified Member
What’s up fellas. Derby great so far. My first match is tonight at 11:00. Got here yesterday and been in action so far with chicagofats, Cincykid, and johnnytronic. Happy to be here with a bunch of the crew. I’ll post pics later

How are you guys getting tables to gamble on? I thought that wasn't hardly possible.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
It's good to see that Chicago Fats is still in it, going to round 5. But I don't know Fats' real name, or Catkins either, so I can't follow them on the derby postings. I see that Jerry Matchin and Mike Eck are still in it. I'm guessing they play their matches at 11:15 today (Sun.) The 1P draw is at 1:00.
Doc, Catkins is Chris Atkins - sort of like me, rnewkirk LOL

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
How are you guys getting tables to gamble on? I thought that wasn't hardly possible.
You know it’s been better this year. We’ve had tables in the action room every day and tables have been more open in general Won my first match. Onward.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You know it’s been better this year. We’ve had tables in the action room every day and tables have been more open in general Won my first match. Onward.
So the lower turnout -- and also the elimination of the straight pool tournament -- meant they did not use the action room tables for tournament matches?

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I wish steve was here taking pics.... just sayin....
Mitch is crushing me each day shooting sporty!

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Counted up the banks entries:

452 players—1st round

342 players—2nd round

So, 110 players didn’t buy back @ $100. They paid $160 to have their name in the 1st round and get a badge for the tournament instead of just paying $100 for an event pass. 🙄

I guess on the flip side, if you’re married you either pay $100 x 2 ($200 total) for an event pass or enter the tournament $160 and pay $50 for a spouse pass ($210 total). 10 bucks more and you get your name in lights. 😃

Won’t be able to count up the one pocket entries till they have it all sorted out on the website. Probably a day or two.

They have the most horrible operation going on regarding information about the tournament, you’d think after 20 years it would have gotten just a little better.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Counted up the banks entries:

452 players—1st round

342 players—2nd round

So, 110 players didn’t buy back @ $100. They paid $160 to have their name in the 1st round and get a badge for the tournament instead of just paying $100 for an event pass. 🙄

I guess on the flip side, if you’re married you either pay $100 x 2 ($200 total) for an event pass or enter the tournament $160 and pay $50 for a spouse pass ($210 total). 10 bucks more and you get your name in lights. 😃

Won’t be able to count up the one pocket entries till they have it all sorted out on the website. Probably a day or two.

They have the most horrible operation going on regarding information about the tournament, you’d think after 20 years it would have gotten just a little better.

This will give some info, Steve.............

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I looks like Mitch and The Colonel drew each other first round if I am not mistaken! I do not want to text either of them as it shows they are playing.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Kybanks

Verified Member
From what I understand, the extra added money has helped boost the payouts on the lower end. My buddy went 6 rds in the banks and he said he got back $500. Which is way up from previous years.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I looks like Mitch and The Colonel drew each other first round if I am not mistaken! I do not want to text either of them as it shows they are playing.

ooooh, that's kinda brutal.. Roy at the basement just put up a clip of Thorpe Beating Brumback in Round 10 of banks, but they were both undefeated so they both go to round 11 and Thorpe will def go to round 12..

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
ooooh, that's kinda brutal.. Roy at the basement just put up a clip of Thorpe Beating Brumback in Round 10 of banks, but they were both undefeated so they both go to round 11 and Thorpe will def go to round 12..
I believe Bustamante is on 1 loss as well. Thorpe is super tough, but I'll still be pulling for JB.

The "completed matches" is way behind, but it's possible to kind of suss it out from the "scheduled matches" page.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I see that Omar Al Shaheen is still in round 9, with one loss. So last year was no fluke -- he has developed a damn good banks game!

Busty seems to always be in at the end! Corey Deuel still has only one loss -- was it last year that he won the banks or the year before?

Unless of course I am looking at old results lol.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
From what I understand, the extra added money has helped boost the payouts on the lower end. My buddy went 6 rds in the banks and he said he got back $500. Which is way up from previous years.

Yeah Kyb, $500 for the 6th round is most definitely way up from previous years.

My student/buddy Johnnytronic drew Shane for round 2 :oops: - they're playing now - I hope Johnny remembers everything I taught him ✍