The Ghost's One Pocket kicking game

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
To practice One Pocket kicks, and, (gambling degenerate that I am 🤑) gamble at the same time, I started a One Pocket kicking game at Chris's Billiards that I played/play with a few guys there ----- it can be a two player game, or a ring game ----- the rules are simple:

You take turns with your opponent/opponent's choosing a One Pocket kick-shot to shoot ----- the player creating/choosing the shot and his opponent/opponent's each shoot the shot once, (the originator of the shot shooting first) and anyone that makes the kick gets paid ----- we played for $10-$20 per kick, but obviously you can play for whatever you like ----- no simple kicks are allowed, such as kicking one rail at a ball hanging in the jaws of the pocket ----- a scratch doesn't count against you in any way, and if you make the kick and scratch, it still counts.

It's a fun game, while at the same time being excellent One Pocket kicking practice ----- and as a ring game, with 3-4 players, some decent $$$ can be won also = playing with 3 guys for $20, make your kick, get paid $40 - not too shabby (y)

I'm including here 11 pics, a compilation some of the kicks that we have shot (and I actually went the extra mile and included graphic lines to clearly show how each kick was to be made o_O) ----- and of course, you can come up with other kicks of your own.

Ok then allayou Efren-Tony-Corey wannabees, here are the kicks >>>

006.JPG001.JPG000.jpg004.JPG

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
your diagrams ghost should be a sticky
i am not a gambler but i kick good and would play this game for money.... :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Are scratches allowed?

Yes John, it doesn't count against you if you scratch, which wouldn't really happen except possibly in shooting kick #1 - I'll add that to my op...thanks for bringing it up..

i am not a gambler but i kick good and would play this game for money.... :) < Yeah Larry, too bad you, me and Mitch didn't live close to each other - we could have a great time playing this together (y)

Coincidence that you should say that Larry, cuz I told Steve about this game and he and I spoke of making it a sticky in the banks, kicks, & caroms section - that's why I also posted it there.

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Very nice and a great pass time game also... All definitely good one pocket kicks here... I’d like to add one that Cliff put on me, but I don’t have any way to do it other than tell you... maybe Dave or Whitey can set it up and video it, it’s a pretty cool kick... so, here it is... my pocket is the right hand pocket, one ball left on the table and it’s off the short rail about 4” and roughly 3” to the left of my pocket... cb is up table within 6”s of the opposite corner pocket... he kicked two rails behind it and 3 railed it.... it split the wicket... cb stopped dead in its tracks and if it hadn’t split the pocket, it would have been long gone back up table cause he hit it with some speed... pretty sporty kick...

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
... he kicked two rails behind it and 3 railed it.... it split the wicket... cb stopped dead in its tracks and if it hadn’t split the pocket, it would have been long gone back up table cause he hit it with some speed... pretty sporty kick...
Something like this?

Attachments

• CropperCapture[43].jpg
    CropperCapture[43].jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
This is great, Luke! I would play this for the cash for sure. Sounds like a blast.
i am not a gambler but i kick good and would play this game for money.... :)
Mitch, Finally getting the old itch back ? :D Probably come back stronger.

Larry, I knew there had to be some game to get you to betting. You have more desire than most of us to improve your game. You are

always on a table playing when I see you.(y);)

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
To practice One Pocket kicks, and, (gambling degenerate that I am 🤑) gamble at the same time, I started a One Pocket kicking game at Chris's Billiards that I played/play with a few guys there ----- it can be a two player game, or a ring game ----- the rules are simple:

You take turns with your opponent/opponent's choosing a One Pocket kick-shot to shoot ----- the player creating/choosing the shot and his opponent/opponent's each shoot the shot once, (the originator of the shot shooting first) and anyone that makes the kick gets paid ----- we played for $10-$20 per kick, but obviously you can play for whatever you like ----- no simple kicks are allowed, such as kicking one rail at a ball hanging in the jaws of the pocket ----- a scratch doesn't count against you in any way, and if you make the kick and scratch, it still counts.

It's a fun game, while at the same time being excellent One Pocket kicking practice ----- and as a ring game, with 3-4 players, some decent $$$ can be won also = playing with 3 guys for $20, make your kick, get paid $40 - not too shabby (y)

I'm including here 11 pics, a compilation some of the kicks that we have shot (and I actually went the extra mile and included graphic lines to clearly show how each kick was to be made o_O) ----- and of course, you can come up with other kicks of your own.

Ok then allayou Efren-Tony-Corey wannabees, here are the kicks >>>

View attachment 432087View attachment 432088View attachment 432089View attachment 432090
Is that 1st kick a 1 railer or 2 railer? Or it doesn't matter? I like it, thanks for posting.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Mitch, Finally getting the old itch back ? :D Probably come back stronger.

Larry, I knew there had to be some game to get you to betting. You have more desire than most of us to improve your game. You are

always on a table playing when I see you.(y);)
here is the truth
i would gamble more if i could pocket balls better
i can beat some people to the shot but i cant punish them enough
i am playing now once a week with a strong player
the reality is unless i get to 8 first he is the favorite even with the score 7-2......:mad::mad::mad:
because he can run 8 or 10's and i cant
i learned along time ago the weaker player usually has no chance unless the spot is outrageous which the weaker player will never get
jmho
icbw
am i wrong ?
your comments appreciated.....:)

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
In a kicking game, you're right, but I thought you described a shot that Cliff put on you in a real game...if so, and he had missed, chances are pretty good that you would have had a return bank...but because it was Cliff, he drained it, so no worries

Duh... It’s a kicking game.... not a real live game... at least that’s what I thought Ghost labeled it... 🤔