Jack Breit vs. Bob Osborne 1991 Legend Of One-Pocket-Philadelphia Style

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
wincardona said:
I like two shots here, but since I haven't gotten my nurses aids license I don't feel that I qualify to give my opinion.

TRUST ME ONE DAY I'LL BE A DOCTOR.:)

Billy I.
Come on Billy, let hear them. There might be more learning for me here.

bstroud

Verified Member
I like low right kind of a masse into the 7 ball banking it toward your pocket and the cue ball off the end rail into the 8 ball sliding along the spotted balls and ending up table.
Easy shot just practice it a few times.

Bill Stroud

timdog24

Verified Member
bstroud said:
I like low right kind of a masse into the 7 ball banking it toward your pocket and the cue ball off the end rail into the 8 ball sliding along the spotted balls and ending up table.

Bill Stroud

That's the shot.

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
like above....

I'll set this up in the morning, but I like spin banking the 3 to my hole and hitting the side of the line of balls......all kinds of good things happen in this shot, and the CB usually gets safe up bye the end rail!

G.

senor

Verified Member
bstroud said:

Bill Stroud

I like that shot.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like 2 shots here. i like franks shot but i would shoot it with left hand draw and stop whitey as soon as it hit the 7 ball. my concern is the 7 will hit into the stack and sell out an easy bank. my 2nd choice is to kick 1 rail from the bottom rail, id use high left to again stop the cueball immediately. i would try to kick the 7 ball 2 rails to myside of the table and possibly hid it from the cue ball. keith

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
That is the way I would shoot this shot, for .50 or $5000...:cool:

Trust me, I am a retired hospital janitor..:p
Dear "bedpan" Breath,

How would you shoot it for $1000. You know that's where the Ghost will be leaving you, endrail with a ball by his pocket.

RBL

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
You guys all play too good. Bob did indeed bank the 5 and hit the stack with the rock.

View attachment 2225

Here's how he left it:

View attachment 2226
Now this is a tough situation Reds confronted with. He would like to kick softly under the 5 ball but it doesn't look like there's enough room for that shot. Shooting off the 6 ball is fraught with danger. He could possibly shoot off the right side of the 8 ball and brush the 5 ball, but the risk is not worth the reward, too many things could go wrong and if he succeeds the reward is little if any. That leaves the soft kick to the side rail in hopes to brush the 5 ball thinly and fall to the bottom rail with whitey. This shot should be executed favoring the thinnest of hits or to miss the 5 ball and settle for the intentional. So imo the last shot is the best shot, kicking off the side rail playing a thin hit off the 5 ball.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
I'm banking the (fraught with danger) 6 ball.:p :D
Rod.

Excellent shot if it's not too close to the rail, completely over looked the shot, you sly devil. It looks like it's too close to the rail for this to be an option, but maybe not. Watch out for the double kiss with this shot,:eek: but if available and hit well I like your shot.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Here's another view of the layout:

View attachment 2230

With this view it looks like the bank can't be made, but it's still a good take out shot. I would shoot the shot with a med. soft speed to get as little movement with the 6 as possible and focus on the hit to take out the 5 ball.

In regard to the soft kick on the 5 ball, this angle now shows that that shot is more of a risk and possibly an intentional is a better option. With the intentional you figure to be back in trouble on your next shot so of the two shots I like Rods shot the best shooting off the 6 ball and taking the 5 ball out, providing the soft kick on the 5 ball is not available.

Billy I.

Last edited: