Bustamante vs. Gabe Owen 2008 D.C.C. #2

senor

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I agree with your reasoning to a degree, with a sharp angle your going to get less of an effect in regard to the cue ball action, opposed to a straighter angle into the rail kick. What I don't like is the view the picture shows, it looks like it's marginal for this shot to be comfortably playable with a low ball, and if that's the case we might have to look else-where.:confused:

Billy I.

Indeed, it's a tough spot to be in...but I am confident that the shot Gabe shoots next will not be the reason he loses this game, but could be the reason he wins. If that makes any sense :rolleyes: I just think a good player will get out of this spot if they don't completely fold. That is why I liked shooting the ball straight in because it was free, instead of shooting the bank. I don't know, maybe the bank is more appropriate for tournament type play or in races coming down to the wire. Maybe you're supposed to wait for your opponent to falter instead of seizing an open opportunity. If I were in Gabe's shoes I would be pleased he shot the bank instead of the straight in. I don't have much experience playing one-pocket races, I made sure to play by the game or play ahead sets.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Billy I. thanks for the reply and i understand. the arrows dont always follow the laws of physics:mad:
rod thanks for the reply. i guess its a good thing i like a corned beef sandwich once in a while:eek:

bstroud

Verified Member
Gabe made a very poor short selection.
I know it's important to break up the balls near his pocket but his shot is a weak approach.

I still like my more aggressive shot. It could be no worse than this result.

His opponent only got 4 balls. What kind of player is this. How could you not get more balls than that?

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
As we've all said "It's a very tough spot" I believe he was trying to make the 9 ball as he probably saw no way to get safe. :)
Rod.