Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
John, what do you suggest for a format for the banks mini? Short rack races to 2??? I’m assuming $50 entry. Limit to 16 players? Double elim down to 4 then single room??? Or instead of races to two games, race to 10 balls (racking nine, so you’re guaranteed to get into a second rack)??
I think one thing you could do is limit it to people that subscribe to the OP.Org. They dont need any other qualification except at one time they joined. You have the worlds best bankers in and around Louisville, Truman, Worlds Champion who lives about 90 miles away. Another worlds champion who lives in Owensboro, actually two from there. Just sayin.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I think one thing you could do is limit it to people that subscribe to the OP.Org. They dont need any other qualification except at one time they joined. You have the worlds best bankers in and around Louisville, Truman, Worlds Champion who lives about 90 miles away. Another worlds champion who lives in Owensboro, actually two from there. Just sayin.
The idea is to give the locals a chance to mix it up with us because we are using most of their tables and limiting their entries in the MOT. Only seems fair. Low entry and deep payouts of course. Low entry let's us mortals play. I did a 9ball banks in Memphis, it went over real well..
There are around 10-12 active killers around Louisville I can name. I wish member Kato would come. He's dodged us long enough. I think Truman and JB both don't play these days. Should be tons of fun and you get to shoot a lot...Kyle is pretty bad about getting back to me so im waiting on him. To confirm amount of entries etc. We are having the same type chip tournament here the 23rd although we banned the two local pros and the entry is higher.
I have some king of flu. I've had a fever for three days thats getting worse and I'm in my chair mostly. Good thing I'm not working...lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The idea is to give the locals a chance to mix it up with us because we are using most of their tables and limiting their entries in the MOT. Only seems fair. Low entry and deep payouts of course. Low entry let's us mortals play. I did a 9ball banks in Memphis, it went over real well..
There are around 10-12 active killers around Louisville I can name. I wish member Kato would come. He's dodged us long enough. I think Truman and JB both don't play these days. Should be tons of fun and you get to shoot a lot...Kyle is pretty bad about getting back to me so im waiting on him. To confirm amount of entries etc. We are having the same type chip tournament here the 23rd although we banned the two local pros and the entry is higher.
I have some king of flu. I've had a fever for three days thats getting worse and I'm in my chair mostly. Good thing I'm not working...lol
Just two locals? Must have been a slow day. Louisville has always been known as a city of action. The early DCC had book going through the Delta Queen. I won so much money side betting in those days, completely different. If I am healed in time I would like to go to New Orleans.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Two locals left in my area.. Metropolis, West Ky. I'm 3.5 hrs from Louisville. Buddy is in a Nursing Home, haven't seen Fargo lately although he might be back and Sky moved to Texas. The others have passed.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hope u feel better!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I have a funny story about playing banks in Santa Cruz. At Fast Eddys one day I am practicing, loath to admit it, when some guy walks in and asks to play banks. Hi, my name is Bill. Great the guy says, I was told to avoid “Kentucky”. After losing a couple of rounds, I get a phone call on the house phone, “Kentucky” phone call, came blaring across the speakers. I just smiled and took the call. The guy paid me and said thanks for the lesson.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Dang Bill...So sorry your disappointed. I feel about 17" tall..I had no clue when I called and offered you expected something bigger I guess?
I always make them 11x17 because they match the 5 others I have framed and people can safely pack them in their luggage.
I know quite a few members over the years have got these from me at events and frame them so I always make them the same size. I'm going back to the printer to get some more for the event tomorrow. I only have a few left.
With Steve's, mine and Chucks donations we've covered everything including shipping for everybody to this point. If anybody else wants one they will be available at the event only from here on out..
Here's a couple.. Hard to believe the first regional me and the crew put on was 2018.
I was planning on going Crabman, that is what I was referring too, not the poster. The poster is high quality, but I guess someone stole the t-shirt.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I'm coming in to Louisville airport around 6:30-6:45 Wednesday evening 4/3. Anybody arriving around that time that I could share a ride with? Or can anyone possibly pick me up?

I usually get a car but they're $400+ so thinking of having my first Uber trip.

See you all soon.
Dave

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'm coming in to Louisville airport around 6:30-6:45 Wednesday evening 4/3. Anybody arriving around that time that I could share a ride with? Or can anyone possibly pick me up?

See you all soon.
Dave
I'll be driving down Thursday late afternoon, but once there I'm happy to help. :)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

See you all soon.
Dave
I'll try and get you if I come in early. Can't confirm yet. I'll let you know closer to the date.