Search results

1. R

3 foul or no three foul

I think possibly the match was Frost vs Joyner, both players owed double digits at one time,,,,,,,
  2. R

Prayers for John Henderson

Best wishes to John and family, he's one of the good guys.
  3. R

What's the Call?

I don't like the play personally, but under any rules I ever heard of it is simply an intentional foul.
  4. R

The feasibility of implementing a chess clock in one pocket tournaments

Well hell, somebody needs to take him fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  5. R

Well looks like shorter races is the answer then.
  6. R

Well yea but part of that is TD's scheduling the championship match at 1am. Noon or so the next day would get it done.
  7. R

Yea probably, I dunno what the answer is, or really if we even need one, I'm old school and I love one pocket the way I learned it, pretty much ok with make it take it on the break as well.
  8. R

You don't think professional players can manage a clock and fouls without a 3rd party? Who does it now?
  9. R

I just think that if you start saying matches can take 3 hours, they probably will.
  10. R

Well I get that, but you could keep the 40 second shot clock say with 2 20 second extensions allowed per game to keep someone from slow playing. I mean, if a guy gets well behind in a match with any time restriction of any kind then at some point he's gonna have to start swinging, kinda like a 2...
  11. R

Well, I wonder then if maybe put a match time total on the entire set, 2 hours, 3 hours or whatever, most games ahead at the end of time wins, use total balls in the event of tied games total for a tiebreaker? Time runs out, score 2-2 going to 3, one player is ahead 5 balls to 2 he wins.
  12. R

Well now, if the average game last 20-30 minutes how in the world is a 60 minute game clock gonna speed anything up? I mean if people are in a hurry one pocket may not be the best choice for them.
  13. R

I see shot clocks used in video's all the time,,,,,, what am I missing?
  14. R

Links to videos with Billy Incardona commentary

Especially when he has Danny Dilberto to argue with,,,,,,,,
  15. R

Handicapping sets: balls vs games

In many handicapped games the actual handicap doesn't even make a decisive difference anyway, but it's the only way to get people to play sometimes. Games on the wire matter.
  16. R

Happy Birthday, Lenny

Whatever happened to Lenny, hope nothing bad.
  17. R

Has anyone noticed?

playing video games and looting,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  18. R

One pocket league play

Great idea, nothing like that at all here in eastern NC. Hard for me to even find a regular playing partner even offering them free table time at my house. Local rooms are all APA or 9 ball.
  19. R

Hurrican Idalia

The new track today, with that jog to west in northern Florida now puts it on a direct path to my back yard in eastern NC, about 15 miles west of Morehead City, Atlantic beach area. That's a few days away though and a lot of time over land which usually slows these things down so who knows. I've...
  20. R

💡 BALL ON THE BREAK..The "youngsters" fuss at me 😡😡 LOL

It's also much more likely to scratch