Search results

1. gulfportdoc

Buffalo's Pro Classic 2024

Heh, heh. Yeah, well without Alex and Robo the games should move along quicker...;)
  2. gulfportdoc

Buffalo's Pro Classic 2024

Nice to see Dee Adkins venturing outta Columbus...:)
  3. gulfportdoc

Frank Torres Passed Away

Yeah, I used to watch Frank, Howard, Tiff and others play golf on a 9' pool table at Tiff's North Hollywood Billiards. Funny to see those great 3C players playing pool.
  4. gulfportdoc

Louisville (long) Trip Report

I never lived in Novato. But I lived in Sta Cruz for about a year in '71-- above Felton in Ben Lomand. Then moved up to Trinidad (above Eureka) until '75. I played at a room in Sta Cruz then, but I can't recall it's name. It had pool and billiards. I used to go in and play the owner 3C...
  5. gulfportdoc

Well, see Bill, that's the problem right there. Spaghetti with chili on it is only "chili 2-way". Nobody eats that. Ya gotta at least have grated cheddar cheese on top of the spahetti/chili. That's "chli 3-way"...:)
  6. gulfportdoc

Coming up: Tony vs. Billy 8-7 - who's got the best of it here?

Well for starters, Tony should drop the 8-7 silliness. Even at Buff's. I recall years back that Ronnie Allen could give Eddie Kelly 9-8, but lost when he gave him 8-7. But Tony has no business spotting Thorpe anything.
  7. gulfportdoc

Bustamante playing in Buffalos Pro Classic, will be inducted into One Pocket HOF.

Steve, I take it that the Buff's event will be the new annual HOF celebration time. Since there will be a living legend to induct, could it also be time to induct one of the long ago old timers?
  8. gulfportdoc

WWYD Out of Boredom

That's way too good, bro. No "Ghost" action for you any more...:cautious:
  9. gulfportdoc

One pocket in Seattle?

I've just been wondering where K. Bill is. He hasn't posted in awhile.
  10. gulfportdoc

Oklahoma’s Formidable Glenn “The Eufaula Kid” Womack by Rabbi Hippie on PoolHistory.com

Yeah, the guys who aren't curious about 1P's history are not familiar with Lineen's name, so they are not moved to vote for him. Another problem is that there's likely no one to accept the award on his behalf. There are hardly even any pictures of him. Still, he was a great player, and he's a...
  11. gulfportdoc

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VAPROS-92 !!!

Happy 92nd, ole buddy! That's an impressive feat!
  12. gulfportdoc

Jerry, do you or anyone else know if there's a video of that shot? Thanks.
  13. gulfportdoc

You must have had "chili 3-way" (or 4,5,6, etc). Delicious. I ate a ton of it when I lived there.
  14. gulfportdoc

Oklahoma’s Formidable Glenn “The Eufaula Kid” Womack by Rabbi Hippie on PoolHistory.com

I wish there were more known about Johnny "Irish", especially about his background. Freddy B. has a few paragraphs about Lineen in Freddy's The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers, but he admitted it was all second hand. He claimed they all claimed Lineen was the best. Evidently he died in 1964...
  15. gulfportdoc

Fat's pool movie, The Player

The movie is god-awful, but it's remarkable to see Fats when he's not continuously running his mouth...😄
  16. gulfportdoc

Do Mike and his wife still have that room? I didn't know it was still open. If it is, good upon them.
  17. gulfportdoc

New to forum - question - short rack

Let us know how you like the variations.
  18. gulfportdoc

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Damn, Robert! You got through a pretty tough field to come out on top! Congratulations, my man! ~Doc
  19. gulfportdoc

New to forum - question - short rack

Howdy, White. On a 7' table I prefer 11 balls. But on a 6' you might try experimenting with 9 balls, or even 7. As you know, the pool balls are the same size as they are on a 9' table, but with much less playing area.
  20. gulfportdoc

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Sounds like you've got a nasty one, bro. Get well soon!!