Search results

1. T

Can I get a room at the derby, today?

I need a room for the Derby. What is the Derby City code? why must I talk to a call center over seas. Are there no rooms left? I would like to go for the banks and 1p but I am not getting reservations. Have I waited too long: Special rate of $122 per night The Hotel Special rate cut-off...
  2. T

Vegas this week

I am coming to Vegas for the week (arriving Sunday) but I am unsure if I want to bring my cues, since they have to check them in luggage. Anyone want to play some $30 a game one pocket to entice me to bring my cues?
  3. T

Frost/Orcollo

I don't understand scotts' shot here. I know he made it on Efren late one morning at the DCC but, he wasn't 'under the ball'. Please tell me why you wouldn't play the bank combo since you need 2. Is leaving it on the spot worth that much? I'm confused.
  4. T

making last ball to spot

Very noob question that has probably been answered but, short rack banks 4-4 and the ball in the jaws and cant be nudged. Surely I dont follow it in and spot 2, what do you shoot and where do you leave the cue ball? The ghost ball denotes the foot spot.
  5. T

spotting and owing one a foul?

Im playing a guy 9-8, he owes one before the break....He scratches on his break....is he on two? Was just thinking about this one and I bet someone has tried to put it on someone...somewhere. lol
  6. T

One Pocket tourney in Iowa

A little late in posting this. This is the link to AZ with the flier. Starts thursday. Big Truck should be here so log onto the stream to support that. Mosconiac, are you coming to this tourney. I think it is time we met up and played some cheap onehole.
  7. T

Marketplace

Steve, I want to order Freddys book and two t-shirts, is there a shopping cart. All I can get is an order page w/ one item. Thanks in advance
  8. T

FredFloyd you have mail

Fred, I sent you a pm. Troy from Iowa
  9. T

Banking with the Beard review

Its such a steal, someone stole my copy out of my car. lol Two more are on the way!
  10. T

My fouls dont count

Lets say I am playing 8-8 but my fouls don't count. The count is 7-7 and he locks the last ball deep in his pocket. What do I do. If I scratch how many balls come or does he simply win the game.
  11. T

story about Freddys old place

I ran across this at billiardsdigest.com. George Fels had posted some short, informative stories of yesteryear. This story references a lot of posters and old greats. I am too young to remember (29) but I still love the lore. http://www.billiardsdigest.com/bestoffels/index.php THAT CLUB...
  12. T

Willie Jopling's One Pocket Tapes -- special price!

tapes tapes My friend got the tapes in Vegas. I still dont know why he let me borrow them. There is alot of info on the second tape. after a month of watching these tape we now play 9-8 instead of 9-7. These tapes taught me alot. Order them today! Any other tapes out there with this...
  13. T

banking

I was told and have heard "the only way to get good at banking is to twist the balls" which i understand. At this site it has this quote The ability to bank successfully separates the good from the great one-pocket player. The great player shoots banks with confidence and plays position...
  14. T

14.1 question

This is about 14.1 and running 100 and out. I posted earlier "how does one run 100 and out", I was asking if someone breaks and runs 100 or if someone runs 100 after he gets a shot. I worded it funny so my responses earlier were there is an extra ball and you keep breaking the stack open. I...
  15. T

Midwest open

Anyone playing 1hole at the Midwest open in chicago?
  16. T

practice

I have a hard time practicing this game by myself. I like to practice certain banks and common shots, its just that if i try to play a game by the end i am just whacking balls. I am a very high strung person but take my time on shots when I am in action. I am fairly new to this game, but am...