Search results

1. Mkbtank

Heading to Detroit for a couple days

Hey All, I have a work clientt who is based in Detroit and will be heading out there May 1st-3rd. My plan is to check out The Rack on the nights of the 1st and 2nd. Always happy to meet our 1p.org members, so let me know if you are local and would like to hit em. Thanks, Mitch Brown
  2. Mkbtank

WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

It’s your shot. Your pocket is by the red ❌ and you are in a tough spot. You are up in the game 1-0 but…. The 1-2 is dead in his hole and the 2 is also frozen. I was so stymied that I stopped to take a pic and ask for help! lol. Wwyd??
  3. Mkbtank

Mkbtank Hague Trip Report

Too many words apparently so will post this in two posts. Part 1: Sorry for the delay. Was exhausted for a few days and then had a lot to remember! Lol. Link with my pictures at the bottom of the thread so it doesn’t take forever to load. Lmk if anyone can’t see them Left Philly...
  4. Mkbtank

One more WWYD from BlueGrass Billiards (BG)

Same match as the last one, but you have a shot at your hole this time. A few shots actually. Gambling 50 a game. Your pocket is on the right side (the 7 is by your opponent’s pocket ((Dave 🤣))) You are down in the score again (5-1 this time) and it’s your shot. As I saw it there were three...
  5. Mkbtank

Wwyd From BG5

I am going to say this up front in case you’d rather skip this one. There is no after pic. But i still think it’s worth the look and would love to hear what you think. Playing 50 a game and you are in a bad spot. Your pocket is top right. (Opposite corner from the 2 ball). Your opponent...
  6. Mkbtank

Mkbtank Trip report

What a great trip! Arrived and my main man Dustin Miller scooped me at the airport and we went directly to Buffs. Hung for a bit and saw Jakie (Nick P) and Matt Hilton, Liz, and Buster. Was tough to get a table at that time so Dustin and I took a drive over to Lacy’s and hit ‘em around...
  7. Mkbtank

Fedor Morra WWYD

Your pocket is bottom right. What would you do? Cue is real close to the back rail. Opponent needs two.
  8. Mkbtank

Heading to Richmond Thursday and Friday

If anyone is local. Probably Diamond billiards. I found a game with a few locals last time but always give preference to 1p.org brethren. lmk. Thanks, Mitch
  9. Mkbtank

CincyKid Vs Gorst!

Hey all, Not sure if anyone saw, but our very own Chris played Fedor Gorst on the tv table yesterday on Poolaction TV. Now Gorst won but he is arguably the strongest player on the planet currently. The game I watched Chris came from 4-1 down and had a fantastic run to get to the hill first...
  10. Mkbtank

MKBTANK Memphis trip report

Even though I’m dead money in these tournaments, I still love to attend. Seeing the fellas, the food, and a few money games always make it worth it. So here goes: The Tournament: One ball one pocket was great. A bit different than we play in Philly but still fun. I’m not sure who...
  11. Mkbtank

Happy Birthday Jakie!! (Nick P)

To my favorite Uncle Nick! A cooler cat was never born. Our friendship is one of the best things I’ve gotten from this site, and there have been many positives. Here you are knocking off another stiff! Happy Birthday, Brother! Mitch
  12. Mkbtank

End game WWYD from Philly

It’s your shot. Your opponent just pocketed a ball in your upper corner, which is spotted along with the only other ball on the table. Your opponent is on the hill. Your pocket is on the same side of the table as the cue ball. Wwyd? Note: please ignore the cues on the table. I took...
  13. Mkbtank

1p.org Mini during Buffs tourney

Hey y’all, Last year I had the idea for a small one day tournament for our guys heading to Buff’s big tournament in May at Lacy’s Billiards. It went very well with Steve Booth playing fantastic and taking it down. Figured I would throw it out there again and see if there is interest and if so...
  14. Mkbtank

Bluegrass Billiards WWYD 12

Since that last wwyd was well received, I kept an eye out last night during my weekly match with Eddie McDermott for another. Side note: Eddie and I have been battling since I was 16 years old and first walked into the poolroom. 35 years! He is one of my best friends and we talk one...
  15. Mkbtank

WWYD shot after the break

Gambling…. Your opponent just broke and it’s your shot.. you know which pocket is yours I hope :). Wwyd?
  16. Mkbtank

WWYD from BlueGrass in Philly

Ok your shot. Your opponent needs two (he’s going to 7) and you need 7 (going to 9). Your pocket is Bottom right by the 6 ball.
  17. Mkbtank

Going to Austin Tx this Friday and Saturday

Anybody local who wants to shoot Friday night or Saturday afternoon? Also - best pool rooms? Thanks!
  18. Mkbtank

Mkbtank quick Trip report

My tournament. (Or turn-ament as my Chicago Buddies say) Got a Bye the first round. My first play I had a great match with Johnny Willis. Long match because it was a real battle. Very nice guy. I played well for me and won the first two games. Third game I was on the hill and...
  19. Mkbtank

Happy Birthday 12Squared (Dave)

Happy Birthday to a man who seems to be running an Eight-And-Out on life. Loving wife, beautiful surroundings (with travel included) and the prettiest stroke around! Listen Dave you’re getting up there so when you retire if I could have that stroke of yours I’d appreciate it. Though I’d...
  20. Mkbtank

Happy Birthday Robert Newkirk!

Happiest of Birthdays to one of my pool heros. I’d say I hope you have fun today but I don’t think I’ve ever seen you without a smile on your face! Hope you get all the rolls, Robert. Happy to know you. Mitch.