Search results

1. Tobermory

One Pocket in New York City and thereabouts: does it exist?

If so, where can it be found? If not, now that Steinway is gone, where do the better 14.1 and 9 ball players gather? I know about Amsterdam but have never seen a soul, not even me, play one pocket in there.
  2. Tobermory

Fedor v John Morra 10-8 May 22 2023 Five Ahead Buffalos

Did anybody just see Fedor's sweet runout against Morra? Ahead 1-0 in games but now down 7 to 1 in Game Two, John goofed and Gorst spun together a perfectly executed sequence elegantly negotiating nine widely dispersed balls. It had an air of inevitability about it. About as good as it gets...
  3. Tobermory

I'm looking for a Revo 11.8 for 15/6x14 ....

to compare with my 12.4. Anyone out there got one they're looking to unload?
  4. Tobermory

nope, I wouldn't think to go for position like this, but I might try it next time

At 5:07 ***Roland Garcia vs Deo...One Pocket Race to 2 - YouTube
  5. Tobermory

WWYD, or how did I manage to lose that case game!

CALIFORNIA BILLIARDS - ONE-POCKET $1,500 ADDED - Day 2 FINAL 9 - YouTube At the risk of inciting public scourging and general condemnation of my one pocket abilities, herein lies a link to a match I played last weekend at the tournament at California Billiards. (Thanks to Collins at Post Up...
  6. Tobermory

Accustats VHS tapes of one pocket matches from the 80's and 90's

Do any of youse use VHS tapes anymore? I have a couple of boxes of dozens of matches on VHS, mostly one pocket, and I don't even have a VHS machine anymore. All of the greats from that era. If you'll pay for shipping, I'll ship them to you. Make my wife happy.
  7. Tobermory

Selling Winning One Pocket and Shots, Moves & Strategies on eBay

I've just put them both up on the Bay, for $400 and $250. Check em out here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143907548994 https://www.ebay.com/itm/143907473985 If anyone here wants to buy off the Bay, I'd be willing to parlay a little with you.
  8. Tobermory

Don Lim, and Jimmy Duval RIP

I first met Don in the 90's at lots of pool events, but I didn't get to know him until a few years ago when I started playing 14.1 at Crown in San Ramon. He seemed like he knew what he was trying to do but he couldn't ever get it done on the table, however he never came up short with his...
  9. Tobermory

T-Rex vs The Killer Game by Game Analysis

I don't know if anyone wants to do this, but this conversation has really got me wondering exactly what happened in this match. It's only 38 games, and it won't be the definitive match of the pandemic era (or will it?), but something is happening here and I'm not sure we know what it is. Since...
  10. Tobermory

Looking for a game in LA on Oct. 23

I'm coming down for something in the morning on 10/24, so I'm thinking of heading down the night before to check out one of the rooms where they play one pocket. Anybody interested in some $20-50/games in LA or OC?
  11. Tobermory

Kevin McLaughlin vs. Michael Singsen Finals 2018

One Pocket players in the Bay Area are very fortunate that California Cue Sports has sponsored a handicapped One Pocket league for the last few years. Our tournament director is Bee Davison, who you might have met at the members tournament in Fremont last year, who has been a fixture on the...
  12. Tobermory

Report on the Shortstop Society Bay Area Event

The Bay Area branch of the newly formed Shortstop Society met today at California Billiards in Fremont to hold its first round robin one pocket tourney. The Society has been conceived to provide an opportunity for players who fall within the broadly defined category of “shortstop” to test their...
  13. Tobermory

It is wonderful to be a Shortstop

Isn't it an amazing opportunity that reasonably seasoned 1p players have when they can wrangle competitively with top players and not come out of it feeling like they never had a chance? In what other important individual contest of skill and experience do 2nd and 3rd tier players, hell maybe...
  14. Tobermory

Accu-stats vhs tapes from the 90's

I've got a few dozen tapes of great 1p match-ups, and am looking to sell them off now. If there is any interest, let me know and I'll put up a list. I'm thinking they have to be worth about $10 each.
  15. Tobermory

What is or should be the rule when a player puts their hand in the pocket

Last night, in the case game of my match with George Michaels, he shot a standard crossing bank while pulling the cue ball two rails towards the far corner. He hit it a little hard and the cue ball was heading right towards the corner hole. As it rolled, he walked over and put his hand into...
  16. Tobermory

One Pocket in London, Prague and Berlin

I'm visiting these cities in September, and plan to seek out the pool scenes in each town. Any suggestions on places I might actually find one pocket players? Thanks.