Search results

1. D

Official sign up for our Satellite MOT at Buffalo 3 during the big pro Buffalo's One Pocket

Steve, you can access RR brackets for various number of players online. For instance, groups of say 4,5,6,7, or 8 players, you can get a RR bracket. Without a bracket the players within their groupings may / will get lost as to who is up next, who they play and so forth, this is especially...
  2. D

Official sign up for our Satellite MOT at Buffalo 3 during the big pro Buffalo's One Pocket

your welcome! You have some constants to work with 1. 8 tables + 1 table open play 2. maintain 4 groups 3. Groups play on 2 tables, odd number player teams - next in line for open table. Key; G. is group - P is Players 24 P. 4G of 6P. 23P. 1G of 5P - 3G of 6P 22P. 2G of 5P - 2G of 6P 21P. 3G of...
  3. D

Steve. I think this goes against standard RR play that they use 3C Billiards. They use groups of 4 and out of that they advance 2. I figure your thinking is to level the playing field, but not sure that works anyway, maybe just stick with the luck of the draw., as you have always advocated...
  4. D

So, if I am following you right, in groups of 5 you will take 3 players into the final, and groups of 4 - 2 players into the final. Those are good odds for advancing! Whitey
  5. D

Steve, on further thought when the groupings have unequal # of players then the groups of say 4 players play their normal RR, Once this RR is over then they do a drawing, the first two players drawn play each other, and the other two play each other, and that is it. This would equal the # of...
  6. D

I am trying to rap my head around this! Off the top of head, I can not see this working. Let's say 3 groups of 4, and 1 group of 5. If the groups of 4 play the next player up and give him another 3 games of play, how is that fair to the other 3 players in that group. Meaning, Say the player...
  7. D

I agree, for 1, there is a table usage time limit or approx. 5-6 hrs., and 2, if you lag for the break then that is a billiard skilled discipline as would be a game of 1b1p, with the same results being who breaks, but saves time If there was not for a table time usage limit, then yes do both...
  8. D

Steve, Obviously a draw to determine groups, and obviously you would like the groups to be of equal numbers, as say 4 in each group. But say you have 17 players and you want groups of 4 playing on 2 tables. 4 groups on 8 tables. The final group pairing drawn would have 5 players, and this would...
  9. D

Steve & Lou, If there are ties to be settled, then it has to be based upon balls scored against you, not on total balls scored, because in a tie they both scored the same amount of wins or balls. Whitey
  10. D

DCC 45 degree rule; a better way?

I think your post relates to Steve's as to whether a player cheats or is smart. We all know that players ask for the ball to be cleaned if there is little to none clearance to go to their next ball. Similar, is to use hand pressure upon the cloth towards the cb to cause it to move slightly for...
  11. D

Replacement Pockets

Cincy, Another way would be to get a couple of 100 ft bundles of nylon rope. Loop a strand of rope through the holes in the top of your pocket and tie a series of knots fairly close together on down to the bottom, let it hang. Do another strand of rope beside it by knotting it to the first...
  12. D

Yes, with each individual game rule writing they can be exploited either by loop holes in the rule writing or by self determining what a poorly written rule means. Double hit for instance as this is on the subject. Double hit as portrayed by rule governing authority; It is a foul to double hit...
  13. D

Steve, thanks for joining into the discussion. We have had many discussions on DCC Elevated 45 degree rule, and the conclusion is we all hate it for many obvious reasons. As you related to me in a conversation you had with Greg Sullivan when he asked you handle close proximity shots, and you...
  14. D

Replacement Pockets

Cincy, your pockets are exactly like my Brunswick Sultana 1885 - 1912. You go to the leather shop and buy a piece of leather and make them. Use one of your existing pockets for a pattern, side pockets pattern is a little different. Cut straight slits, and when the leather is formed into the...
  15. D

Replacement Pockets

Cincy, Miller this would work for your buddy, I also have Schmidt rails and pockets On my table it uses leather drop pockets. I've made my own for years. If you cut straight slits, it then opens up into a diamond pattern as Catkins picture of the Black Diamond plastic pocket. I use waxed twine...
  16. D

Thanks for posting on my thread. I am trying to figure out, and threading it for our members to discuss how to negate DCC Elevated Cue @ 45 degree angle rule, because their rule promotes the use of an illegal stroke to trap the cue ball / object ball within the stack. Which is absolutely not how...
  17. D

Stack Stroking / Tapping Rule; when the cue ball is frozen to or in close proximity to the object ball within or next to the stack, then it is required to be stroked / tapped on a 45 degree angle or more to the object ball, or it is a foul with the opponent’s option to restore the balls. Note...
  18. D

Coming up: Tony vs. Billy 8-7 - who's got the best of it here?

Joe L., I, as I am sure other members, want to thank you for your part in this promotion ! Greatly appreciated! Would it be possible to get a high-lite video of Billy Thorpe's bank shots. The double back bank in particular was spectacular. That bank really surprised me in that coming off the...
  19. D

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Steve, I am just quoting what you stated. and your statement ended with; "you can book it". It would be a 3 year rotation for Ca. Billiards. I do not believe Chris's was mentioned in your statement, just New Orleans and Ca. Billiards were lined up after this last MOT in that order. So I had...
  20. D

One pocket in Seattle?

Dan Louie is in the Seattle area! Whitey