GOMEZ VS COMPTON December 10th-11th & 12th

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Terry, I hope you can once again do a highlight video, those are great!
I am especially interested in Chips cross corner twist banks when the ob was close to foot rail. With the small pockets I believe he was directly cutting it into the point. He played them great.
The guys put on a great show! Thanks, Whitey

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy I guess Chip is officially a Monster Slayer! Happy Holidays Keith
Friday at 11:59 AM
I spoke to Larry Schwartz before the match began and we talked about the player that had the edge, I said that commonly the player that won the first challenge match would go on to win the next time they played. However, Gomez was steadily improving from the first time they played and he would be tough to beat but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chip would beat him again. The first three games of the match clearly appeared that Gomez was the dominant player, he was playing very solid one pocket and his ball-striking skills were at a very high level and it looked like at that time that he was going to win easily. You have to give Chip the respect that he has earned not only winning the first match but also coming from behind to take the lead after day one. Gomez will be under a lot of pressure going into day two and he must start quickly or Chip could blow him out.

Dr. Bill

Quote Reply This post was posted after day one had ended. At the end of the third game on day one Gomez had been playing flawlessly and to me, he looked unbeatable. Chip played great throughout the entire match, even through the first three games of the match but Gomez just played like "a monster" but when it was all said and done Compton was the "monster slayer" Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I watched about four hours of play during day one and about five hours of play on day two Chip's play was solid the entire time. IMO he isn't a dog against any American player. His ball-striking skills are better than Frost and Chohan, and he stays level when facing adversity. I like his shot selection in all facets of the game, he plays a solid game both at the foot end and also when balls go up-table. He's a very intelligent player that's feeling it right now and whoever plays him better be playing great or.....

Dr. Bill