My One Pocket Sayings

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Many years ago I posted about a shot by a guy I was playing. The shot was a very very difficult bank that he made and he did it so easy. At that moment I said "you made that shot Efrenlessly. I posted it and my buddy Doc busted my balls about it. I still use the expression today.

Last week I took my wife to the 3 cushion tournament the USBA held in Tucson. We were watching Pedro our 6 time national champion playing another top US player and she said to me that horrible saying you always hear, "Its like watching paint dry". My reply which I think was great was "yeah but its like watching Rembrant's paint dry". Im going to use that line from now and and I thought some of you would enjoy it. keith

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
nice keith.....i use "call me butter, im on a roll" --obviously not my own expression, and then one i made years ago which i use when im playing banks and ive just hit a gear i say to my opponent "that bank looks like a big ol piece of cherry pie" then i hit it hard center pocket and i say "yum yum, that was delicious" --drives em nuts haha:frus:frus:frus:frus:frus

chicagomike

Verified Member
When I've been shooting good and am running out I've told guys..."Don't worry, the pain will be over soon".

Of course a favorite of mine first heard from John Lavin, "When you gotta go, you gotta go." Or after a miss or a bad shot,"Useless as a screen door on a submarine."

keoneyo

Verified Member
A young hot shot kept complaining about lesser skilled players beating him. He was a sure shot maker but kept taking difficult shots to his hole, missing, and leaving a cross bank. Tough one pocket players would wait for this moment and have an easy cross bank to get out.

He kept crying about this and I told him "Any M O R O N can make a Cross Bank".

That saying got around reminding players to play a more strategical tighter game instead of selling out with over aggression.

(sorry I had to write M O R O N that way it kept deleting)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
My One Pocket Sayings

If I am moving and setting up position to pocket multiple balls rather than just getting one and done, I remember what I heard an older guy in DC say. He said... "I like to eat grapes in bunches"

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I invented the saying "Never force your opponent to shoot the shot that will beat you".
Even weaker players, realise when they have nothing to do, but make the ball, therefore, almost no one ever misses it.
Also, "never leave a bank with draw", although I did not make that one up.

youngstown

Verified Member
My One Pocket Sayings

This isn't for 1p, but I'm watching the PGA tour at Torrey Pines and when John Raum made the tourney winning eagle from the fringe from maybe 50 feet away, the commentator (Nick Price) said "That was a better read than the morning paper"

Last edited:

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
heres another one when im playing the role of pool player/ham---its for 8 ball mainly--guy breaks dry and i get up, take a quick look at the ball layout and i say "rack em" in my usual cocky manner--then he gives me an icy stare mixed with confusion--i tell him--its over--i dont want to waste my time and energy running those balls---of course he insists, and i run out---i do that to a buddy and it drives him nuts hahahaha

youngstown

Verified Member
My One Pocket Sayings

My dad always says "It's all over but the cryin'"

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
When my opponent has a ball hanging in his hole, misses and it doubles out, I say "if you're gonna play good one pocket you gotta be able to get those balls outta there"

youngstown

Verified Member
My One Pocket Sayings

When my opponent has a ball hanging in his hole, misses and it doubles out, I say "if you're gonna play good one pocket you gotta be able to get those balls outta there"

That's just mean. Lol

beatle

Verified Member
as long as you have the best of it keep raising the bet. and if it changes quit.
doesnt matter who is up or down.

unoperro

Verified Member
Be glad that didn't go in or you might believe it was the correct shot forever

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
A Jersey Red favorite of mine...

He'd say, "I beat da guy so fast they didn't charge me time!"

Sometimes he'd change it up a little and say, "We played a race to 4, one pocket, I beat him so fast the time was $.45" "For both of us."

Then he'd give it that patented Jersey Red laugh...I can see it plain as day :)

He was one of pool's real life characters, and one hell of a good player...