lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wwyd ??
before someone notices and asks "why are there only 14 balls on the table"
i made one on the break..:)
but i said to myself if had not what would i do to get out of this one
i am not bill smith so i dont think the 3 ball could be made from where the cue ball is
for the sake of this discussion lets assume the 3 cannot be made

break 1.jpg

break 2.jpg

break 3.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
better question..what are all those white dots all over the table? :)

If it were my shot my main goal here is to protect the 3. So I am going to get the CB behind the 7/10 near your side rail. I will do that by either coming off the 12 or 13, down to the bottom rail and up behind those 2 balls or come off the 11 softly and hide you behind them.

beatle

Verified Member
you are not going to win this game with that layout unless you can mess it up. start now and hit the nine into what you can and leave him straight in on the three ball. that also opens up the three balls behind the nine for your hole.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Without any hesitation I would bank the 13 ball above the 10/7 across at the 8 ball using low right hand English I would draw slightly into the 1/9 sending the 9 at my pocket and the CB to the foot rail then side rail behind the 10/7

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Without any hesitation I would bank the 13 ball above the 10/7 across at the 8 ball using low right hand English I would draw slightly into the 1/9 sending the 9 at my pocket and the CB to the foot rail then side rail behind the 10/7

I like this shot Jeff, but unfortunately I dont see how you can draw the ball when the CB is froze on the rail :)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Bank the 11 into the 3, use high inside english and whitey follows nicely behind it and stops near the 2 ball.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
AML (at my level) bank the 15 to my side(not near the rail) and leave the cue top
rail near corner pocket on opponents side.

JeaLouS44

Verified Member
From
FL
QB off the 15 to his side of the short rail at the head on the table, not past a diamond away from the pocket.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Something like this, open some balls to help hide the 3ball.

Dammit, Rodney. I thought I was going to get to post the cool shot this time around but you beat me too it. In any case, I like this one.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
This is the beginning of the game and use guys want to break up balls and smash banks? I'm not for breaking up a bunch of balls just yet. I have a good threat with my three close to the hole. I will try to tie up some more balls on his side until there is an opening to get a few balls. I have been looking at the billiard off the 12 with my cue ending up where the ten is now. The 12 ties up a few more of his balls, let him break them loose. Its hard to believe but Im going for a lock up safe.:cool:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

I think a little hesitation is needed. I see about four ways it could go bad and let the other guy get five. If that is your shot then go ahead and put me on your dance card for Friday afternoon from 3pm until midnight. After midnight I turn into a glass slipper.:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bank the 11 into the 3, use high inside english and whitey follows nicely behind it and stops near the 2 ball.
That's the shot I favor as well. Although I'd be looking to have the 11 bank into that four ball cluster. Left spin on the CB is going to want to shorten the bank anyway. That close to the rail, the CB tends to swerve, so I'd be aiming a little wide.;)

~Doc